Get your muddy footprints on Mind Character's table

NudeTayne

Now that you've all dug in to the 2019 prospects, who are you most excited about? Who would you stand on @Mind Character 's table for? 

I believe Andy Isabella, AJ Brown and Olamide Zaccheaus are going to be in the league for a bit and do some things. While Hakeem Butler has some dropsies, I also see a star.

If Chase Winovich goes to a 3-4, I see a surprisingly good career--not so sure at 4-3 DE.

DeAndre Baker is my b.i.l. (boi-in-law). I'd love if we could trade down and grab him late 1.

If Trysten Hill makes it to round 3, I want him bad.

Who are you especially hoping becomes a Brown?

DeAndre Baker reminds me of Casey Hayward. Hayward was pretty lockdown at Vandy but running a 4.57 40 at the combine knocked him down to a late second round pick. Suddenly everyone questioned his ability to cover long speed, and many suggested he may be a better nickel. I see the same things being said about DeAndre. Dude was a boss in coverage but pundits are questioning his long speed, and some are suggesting he's a slot corner.

Casey Hayward proved out to be a lockdown boundary CB, rated as the best or damn near the last 3 years, with superior technique and instincts, and I think DeAndre Baker ends up with a similar trajectory.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Shun Brown and Trace Mcsorely in the mid to late rounds. Trace could be a Taysom Hill for us.

😮 That jump-step and those YAC. He be nice.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

DeAndre Baker reminds me of Casey Hayward. Hayward was pretty lockdown at Vandy but running a 4.57 40 at the combine knocked him down to a late second round pick. Suddenly everyone questioned his ability to cover long speed, and many suggested he may be a better nickel. I see the same things being said about DeAndre. Dude was a boss in coverage but pundits are questioning his long speed, and some are suggesting he's a slot corner.

Casey Hayward proved out to be a lockdown boundary CB, rated as the best or damn near the last 3 years, with superior technique and instincts, and I think DeAndre Baker ends up with a similar trajectory.

Interesting comparison. I would love if he was there in the second after we grab Oliver with our first.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Trade up for josh Allen. He’s going to be an all pro. Best all around LB to come out in a long long time. 

Interestingly, the are a few in this forum who think he's overrated. He's being mocked consistently in the top-5, though.

There’s a lot of players I’d go to bat for. Some are more mainstream top prospects, others aren’t. 

Some that aren’t that I would go to bat for:

Andre Dillard

Montez Sweat

Rashan Gary 

Daniel Jones

Irv Smith Jr.

Germaine Pratt

David Montgomery

Elgton Jenkins

Rodney Anderson, RB from Oklahoma, if he falls to our second 3rd round pick, would be great insurance for a Chubb injury. Both players have had injuries but both can carry the load of a featured back with excellent ability. If Chubb had a high ankle sprain and had to miss 5-6 weeks, can Duke take all the carries? Or God forbid, Chubb tears MCL week one,  who is our featured bell-cow RB for the next 16weeks? I don't see Duke holding up to that load.

Anderson was a stud for Oklahoma. Loved his running. Buddy of Baker, which is always a plus.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

You don't think they'd put him at the edge in a 4-3? I'm not saying I disagree with you, just interested in your perspective.

I don’t know what they’d do but he should be played as a hybrid. He’s too good in coverage to be solely on the edge. Maybe they could rotate he and Avery. Or have him blitz off the edge as a 4-3 LB. 

Archived