Super Bowl XLV

Golfman

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Is airing right now on NFL network. Man, Aaron Rodgers used to hit his back foot on his drop and the ball was out. It's alarming to see the difference in his play this year compared to the way he played then. 

He had Jennings, Driver, Jones and an up and coming Nelson at WR. Any one of them would be our clear cut No. 2 right now. I think a lot of people underappreciate just how good Jennings was during that stretch of his career. 

29 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He had Jennings, Driver, Jones and an up and coming Nelson at WR. Any one of them would be our clear cut No. 2 right now. I think a lot of people underappreciate just how good Jennings was during that stretch of his career. 

This x 100. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I never underestimated Jennings, he was a stud, but watch the windows he was throwing into. It was ridiculous how tight some of those windows he had and was just dead money. 

You can't convince me he did not have those types of opportunities this year. When he hit his back foot on his drop back then the ball was coming out. He now takes his time getting to the depth of the drop and usually is not ready to pull the trigger when he gets there. 

A lot of our problems can be solved on offense if the new kid coaches his hard and demands he get the ball out on time. 

On 2/9/2019 at 8:26 PM, Golfman said:

I never underestimated Jennings, he was a stud, but watch the windows he was throwing into. It was ridiculous how tight some of those windows he had and was just dead money. 

You can't convince me he did not have those types of opportunities this year. When he hit his back foot on his drop back then the ball was coming out. He now takes his time getting to the depth of the drop and usually is not ready to pull the trigger when he gets there. 

A lot of our problems can be solved on offense if the new kid coaches his hard and demands he get the ball out on time. 

Rodgers was precision personified at that point in his career.  He killed you with accuracy and rhythm.

Yes, much is solved when he comes around to running the offense that way again.

I think our offense "evolved" after that Super Bowl in an effort to get over the Seattle Seahawks.  Extend plays, make them play man for longer.  That became the offense.  Once Seattle was no longer really Seattle, we didn't need that offense, yet continued to do it.  That needs to end.  GB needs an overhaul on offense, and I'd bet that they are getting it.

Archived