AAF

Johnny Nix

17 minutes ago, theJ said:

Some cool stuff, but it's sloppy football.  They're going to suffer from the same thing most leagues like this suffer from: no star power.  

I'm close to changing the channel.

It's also the first game of the league. It's cool to see some guys that I liked in the draft or former NFL players.

That said, it isn't really keeping my attention. I'll watch next week but I won't go out of my way to see a game.

Not bad, but why on earth are they playing at such large venues? I get that the idea is that it'll be a developmental league, but if they're not turning a profit it's gonna close unless owners find it to be super useful and worth funding (and basically making it the official developmental league of the NFL).

49 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Not bad, but why on earth are they playing at such large venues? I get that the idea is that it'll be a developmental league, but if they're not turning a profit it's gonna close unless owners find it to be super useful and worth funding (and basically making it the official developmental league of the NFL).

Its college venues that lie empty most of the year, I can't imagine they will be costing that much.

The official thread is here in the Other Sports section since it's not NFL. Long story short, the play is a bit sloppy but pretty entertaining. Production values are quite solid and they showed potential in all areas. Just have to fix some audio issues and they'll be good to go.

I think that if they keep coaches with big name recognition and show a viable product, it won't be long until guys that would normally need to transfer to JUCO, guys that come from very bad financial situations, and simply some decently big name high school recruits go to AAF to make at least some money and play against guys who were on NFL rosters.

If that happens, AAF could seriously thrive.  They could give certain players a viable option outside of conforming to NCAA rules.

And honestly...the games tonight were better than a number of TNF games I've been forced to endure.  

Archived