AAF

Johnny Nix

On 2/11/2019 at 12:33 AM, Kiwibrown said:

The team names are awful.

Warriors, Centurions, Crusaders, Storm, Rebels, Bulls, War, Tigers, Wolves, Badgers, Battle,  the Pack, wolf Pack, are better than mot of the crap they came out with. 

And just what is wrong with that name?

On 2/11/2019 at 3:31 AM, TXsteeler said:

Samurai, Rangers, Tsunami, Supernovae, Inquisition, Revolution, and Fusion.

Literally everything you named was overdone by 100s of high school teams or just terrible.

Yes the Apollos and Legends are kinda bad, but the Hotshots and Iron are cool, and the rest are just typically meh sports team names. If the Express had a train logo it would be much cooler.

Also, in the NFL half the teams have stupid or boring names. Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Browns, Ravens, Eagles, Rams, Seahawks, Cardinals, Bears, lions, and Falcons are all way too boring.

What the hell is a steeler and why is it a garbage name as well? At least we know what all them animals are. 

20 hours ago, El ramster said:

What the hell is a steeler and why is it a garbage name as well? At least we know what all them animals are. 

It's just a reference to the steel industry. STEEL workEr, Steeler. I'm not saying it's a great name but it's at least unique and relevant to the city. I think the 49ers is a stupid name but it's similarly unique and relevant.

There aren't even any lions in Detroit like wth lol.

4 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

A league like this need rapid expansion. If they can expand to 16 teams next year, then 24 the following that would be huge. Then down the line try to match the NFL with 32. 

Rapid expansion along with the other new leagues popping up will just lead to a very low quality of play very quickly.

Probably better they slowly expand.

8 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

It's just a reference to the steel industry. STEEL workEr, Steeler. I'm not saying it's a great name but it's at least unique and relevant to the city. I think the 49ers is a stupid name but it's similarly unique and relevant.

Dont know about Detroit, packers are named for the acme packing company, their original corporate sponsor.  When George Halas moved his Decatur Staleys to Chicago, he was hoping to draw interest from the Cubs popularity, so he renamed the team Bears as they should be tougher and meaner than baseball players. KC Chiefs were originally the Dallas Texans.  Similar to the Bears, the Giants were named after the baseball team they originally shared a stadium with.  Oilers made sense and they should have found some way to keep the name the same way that Cleveland did.  Baltimore's name of course references Edgar Allen Poe.  The Colts brought their name from Baltimore.  The Vikings are a reference to the rich scandanavian history of Minnesotas people.  The Browns are named for their founder, the legendary Paul Brown.  The Boston Patriots were so named as a reference to the Citys history, it would also apply to the New England region for which it was renamed when the team moved from Boston to Foxborough.  That about wraps my naming knowledge

12 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

the Lions Club is big in Michigan.

Thats what i associate the name with

On 2/14/2019 at 7:17 AM, TXsteeler said:

Same can be said about the Panthers, there are NO actual 4 legged beastly cats running around here in NC. smh

3 hours ago, BringinDaPain said:

Same can be said about the Panthers, there are NO actual 4 legged beastly cats running around here in NC. smh

In 1995 the NFL brought in 2 teams with essentially the same mascot in the Jags and Panthers.  Both are nicknames for large cat predators more commonly referred to as mountain lions.  

Archived