AAF

Johnny Nix

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

XFL will certainly try to sign stars as well. I think there is a reason you won't see Manziel or Kaepernick in the AAF. XFL is going to sign anyone who can give them ratings.

There is no way in hell that Kaep is going to sign in the XFL lol. They're going to be picking at the absolute table scraps.

Vince doesn't pay his wrestlers, you know, the guys that actually make him money, a commensurate and fair contractual wage. There's no way in hell he's paying a bunch of never were's and almost beens enough money to survive as a direct NFL competitor.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

Just watched a part of Birmingham/Memphis. That kind of crap is worse than anything the NFL Europe ever produced. Not even close to College Football ... It really looks like a bunch of cast-offs trying to make some money while not getting hurt. 

Just look at what's going on pre-snap. No movement. Nothing. Simple as it gets.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I could see a merger with the XFL at some point. XFL will be much better than AAF imo by the way. 

Meh, XFL is a gimmick. Its like NFL Blitz of real life football leagues. Where the AAF differs from both the CFL and XFL is that it stays true to NFL football and serves as a D-League. Its the same system as NFL football, on the same size field with the same structure. Its sole purpose is to serve as a direct pipeline back to the NFL where I dont see the XFL and CFL making that sort of effort in their games. They are trying to be independent of the NFL whereas the AAF is trying to work WITH the NFL.

The players grow and develop in a NFL system based league for the real thing, Im afraid the other two leagues are too far off the beaten path in terms of teaching NFL type systems for NFL scouts and teams to really consider.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Birmingham is loaded. Luis Perez will be playing in the NFL soon. 

I watched the two games that were available to me yesterday and today and was thoroughly entertained. New offenses in the NFL take half a season to get everything together, so it doesnt surprise me that the scoring was low the first weekend. It is definitely very promising after the first week. The San Antonio home game actually looked really well attended. I think they said 30,000 people were there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I could see a merger with the XFL at some point. XFL will be much better than AAF imo by the way. 

The XFL is going to be garbage, just like last time. 

If you're so convinced it is going to succeed, maybe try to get in on the ground floor and interview to be a literal team president. Open to the public!

https://www.xfl.com/careers#openings

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Birmingham is loaded. Luis Perez will be playing in the NFL soon. 

I watched the two games that were available to me yesterday and today and was thoroughly entertained. New offenses in the NFL take half a season to get everything together, so it doesnt surprise me that the scoring was low the first weekend. It is definitely very promising after the first week. The San Antonio home game actually looked really well attended. I think they said 30,000 people were there. 

18K in Birmingham today, which is a pretty solid number which I think they'll sit around. 

It's a fun product, it's rough, and it's a little different because they've had less than a month to practice and scheme so of course the offenses are slower. I think it'll do well especially because so far it's been doing extremely well with streaming.

• Like 1

The XFL v1 started because Vince made a MASSIVE profit from the Attitude Era. Instead of investing that money back into his bread and butter product, he started a football league that immediately crashed and burned so hard it almost killed the WWF. The idea that he will offer enough money to be a viable NFL/Collegiate alternative is laughable, he threw money into this AND had a major network backing him last time and players still barely got paid.

4 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Where can I track the player stats from the league?

https://www.cbssports.com/aaf/ Or download the app which the league is pushing real hard.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The XFL is going to be garbage, just like last time. 

If you're so convinced it is going to succeed, maybe try to get in on the ground floor and interview to be a literal team president. Open to the public!

https://www.xfl.com/careers#openings

Did anybody play NFL Blitz on PS3? Where you could buy steroids from dealers and take them on the sideline, go to the strip club and throw haymakers on opponents in the game?

Thats what I view the XFL as. Like prison league football in a 'The Longest Yard' type stadium settings.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Did anybody play NFL Blitz on PS3? Where you could buy steroids from dealers and take them on the sideline, go to the strip club and throw haymakers on opponents in the game?

Thats what I view the XFL as. Like prison league football in a 'The Longest Yard' type stadium settings.

Which is why it'll fail. They're desperately trying to act as if they're "respectable" this time, that it's not just Monday Night RAW but with Football. But Vince is still the face, and they're still using a horrible, tainted brand.

It's never going to work, I honestly don't think they'd even play a game if not for Vince being determined to prove that he can make it work (he can't).