AAF

Johnny Nix

Just now, drd23 said:

Why was that sack overturned into a penalty?  The refs and the commentary team aren't doing a great job of explaining things

There's a ref watching the skycam at all times who can buzz down to have a call overturned or made immediately. Though they're supposed to have that ref mic'd up so we hear the explanation (they had that with the other gamesl)

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Arizona is getting penalized for a lot of illegal formation stuff.

I'd like to know what the illegal formation was.  After the first one I went looking for the rules and found a couple of things:

- no blitzing from the secondary
- no more than 5 players on a blitz
- if 5 players line up on the LOS, only those 5 are allowed to rush the passer

From what I saw, none of those things apply to that play, which is why I would have liked an explanation on the broadcast

Just now, drd23 said:

I'd like to know what the illegal formation was.  After the last one I went looking for the rules and found a couple of things:

- no blitzing from the secondary
- no more than 5 players on a blitz
- if 5 players line up on the LOS, only those 5 are allowed to rush the passer

From what I saw, none of those things apply to that play, which is why I would have liked an explanation on the broadcast

LIS they are SUPPOSED to have the ref mic'd up and pan to them when something like this happens so that we get their real time through line for why they made the call. IDK why they don't for this game the other three did.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Just found out you can stream this on AAF.com. Tuning in just in time to see the half.

Are there no announcers or commentary? Is the whole game skycam? Or is this just the AAF stream?

Technical difficulties on the stream, here's a YT link

The game is available streaming for free so this isn't an "illegal" stream.

Archived