DE Fadol Brown

Cuts:
CB/S Tramon Williams
TE Jimmy Graham
OLB Nick Perry

FA Signings
S Landon Collins: 4/42m - We need an elite safety
OLB Javeon Clowney: 4/75m - Need an elite rusher
OLB Eli Harold: 3/6m - We liked him in the draft, take another look.
RB Latavius Murray: 2/6m - Perfect 3rd RB, can block and excels in short yardage.
TE Eric Swoope: 3/4m - Like his potential
OG Chance Warmack: 1/2m – worth a look.

2019 Draft: 
Using fantasypros consensus mock for availability in round 1 https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/mock-draft-consensus.php which is an average of all online mocks, so don’t complain about whether or not they will be there. Using Walk the Mock for the rest cause I’m lazy https://www.walkthemock.com/draft?team=GB&ranking=Default

1(12) for 1(24 and 1(27): Oakland gets its Edge at 4 and trades up to 12 to gets its WR1 DK Metcalf
1(24) Nasir Adderley S, DEL - Adderly and Collins make a weakness into a strength overnight.
1(27) T.J. Hockenson TE, IOWA - The 3 down TE MLF wants
1(30) Jachai Polite OLB, FLA - He’s here in the consensus, there are 40 players that could go 10-50, that’s why a trade down is a good idea.
2(44) Dexter Lawrence DL, Clemson - No brainer if he’s here.
3(76) Debo Samuel WR, NC State - OK now I know this walkthemock is silly.
4(108) Michael Deiter G, Wisconsin - Homer Pick I know.
4(112) Chauncey Gardner Jr. SS, Florida - See ya Brice
5(140) Jalen Jelks OLB, Oregon - Quick as hell
6(172) Isaac Nauta TE. Georgia - Solid TE, most Gronk/Kelce like IMO after Hockenson
6(182) Kendall Joseph LB, Clemson
7(204) Alijah Holder CB, Stanford

2019 Depth Chart - Pre Season

Offense:
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers/DeShone Kizer/Tim Boyle
Running Back: Aaron Jones/Latavius Murray/Jamaal Williams/Kapri Bibbs
Fullback: Malcolm Johnson
Wide Receiver: Davante Adams/Randall Cobb/Debo Samuel/Geronimo Allison/Equanimeous St. Brown/Marquez Valdes-Scantling/J'Mon Moore/Jake Kumerow 
Tight End: T.J. Hockenson/Isaac Nauta /Eric Swope/Robert Tonyan    
Tackle: David Bakhtiari/ Bryan Bulaga/Jason Spriggs
Guard: Lane Taylor/Justin McCray/Michael Deiter/Chance Warmack/Adam Pankey
Center: Corey Linsley/Lucas Patrick

Defense:
Defensive End: Mike Daniels/Muhammad Wilkerson/Dean Lowry/Montravius Adams/Fadol Brown/James Looney
Nose Tackle: Kenny Clark/Dexter Lawrence/Tyler Lancaster     
Inside Linebacker: Blake Martinez/Antonio Morrison/Oren Burks/Josh Jackson/Kendall Joseph/James Crawford
Outside Linebacker: Javeon Clowney/Jachai Polite/Clay Matthews /Kyler Fackrell/Jalen Jelks/Eli Harold/Kendall Donnerson/Reggie Gilbert
Cornerback: Jaire Alexander/Bashaud Breeland/Kevin King/Josh Jackson/Tony Brown/Herb Waters/Natrell Jamerson/Alijah Holder            
Safety: Landon Collins/Nasir Adderley/Chauncey Gardner /Raven Greene/Ibraheim Campbell/Kentrell Brice

Special Teams:
Punter: J.K. Scott
Kicker: Mason Crosby
Long Snapper: Hunter Bradley
Punt Returner: Debo Samuel
Kick Returner: Debo Samuel/MVS

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I seriously doubt Graham is getting cut.  I hope we don't trade out of #12 and keep both first round picks.

I share the concern for trading down that many spots. I think the idea is to find the best route to three starters at OLB, TE, and S. The players mentioned, Addison, Hockenson, and Polite, are notorious this year for being awesome players that everyone wants and yet seem to be positioned all over the place from top ten (Polite, Hockenson) to R3 (Adderly) and all stops in between. So, I guess it makes a scenario like this one plausible.

Hockenson projects to be a prototypically productive NFL TE. If you want him, 1.12 is probably the place where you pick him. If you are at a five player tier, trade down, but I don’t think he makes it past 1.20ish.

I think that the actual draft order for the players mentioned will prove to be [Polite, Hockenson, Adderly.]

And @fattlipp —I like the FA work, especially if you think of it as the positions at which you want to take a few swings. One wonders if Matthews showed enough to stick around. Ryan sure did, but that was for another coordinator. I think Cobb is straight gone.

I don’t like the trade down, myself, though I see what you are trying to do. You would have to have balls of steel to believe that your board would withstand that kind of a wait. It’s crazy—crazy enough to work, and crazy enough to blow up your all of your plans. This makes your mock draft entertaining!

And really (sotto voce) isn’t that what this is all about?

I have to just say NO to bringing back Cobb and Matthews. I'd rather throw that money at Dante Fowler with Clowney in free agency. I don't see a situation where Clowney is leaving the Texans however. 

I'm fine with the trade down but agree with other posters that you'd be lucky to nab Polite and Hockenson that far down. It would be coup if we did however. 

Yeah I don’t do predictions in my thread but, what I would do, I think Cobb is young enough and cheap enough  to throw AR a bone here, and Clay will take a big discount to retire a Packers and can rush the passer 10-15 times a game, and has diversity.

guess the trade down is a risk, but I would be ok with say Sweat/Burns/Ferguson, Smith/Fant, and Abram/Thompson for concellations, or even Samuel or Brown at 30.  We need a PR badly. Wish I did something to improve MLB play as well.

yeah I agree Adderly will be the last drafted of the 3 I mentioned, but used the draft order above, and ook them in the order I did accordingly.

I mean I wouldn’t complain. Few things

- I’m lower on Collins than most. A non single high safety getting big money seems kind of dumb

-GB isn’t cutting Grahm. It’s already been leaked

-I don’t think Polite drops to 30. Scouts are grading Allen, him, and Burns in the same teir. A more realistic thing in this scenario would be swapping him and Addy

-I’m probably in the minority. I’d bring Clay and Cobb back too. I think both get 1 year deals though (especially Cobb, he has to prove health)

-I’d rather have Barr than Clowney for that much money. More flexibility, cheaper, lesss injury history 

I do like the draft. I think it is a little optimistic though. 

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

I have to just say NO to bringing back Cobb and Matthews. I'd rather throw that money at Dante Fowler with Clowney in free agency. I don't see a situation where Clowney is leaving the Texans however. 

I'm fine with the trade down but agree with other posters that you'd be lucky to nab Polite and Hockenson that far down. It would be coup if we did however. 

Yeah, like I said went with the order given.   Thing is if they are gone, someone else worthy will be there , there are 50 or so guys I like,, getting 4 of them instead of 3 is a coup itself.  Give me worst case scenario for the top 50 and I’ll still show you 4 guys I’m happy with, and you know 3-4 QBs will go top 50. QB and RB are literally the only positions we don’t need.

Can Demarcus Lawrence work in a 3-4 ?  Would be Petine go 4-3 with him and Perry if we could get him.  Daniels and  Clark would be a nice DT combo and make the need for Wilkerson nil. We would have to invest in more LB talent, not sure if Burkes/Martinez/Jones would fly...

Didn't like that it started with retaining both Cobb and CM3, both of whom look compeltey done as starting caliper pLAYERS.  Saying that though, adding Clowny covers down on CM3's inabilities to be effective at outside.  Personally think he's more of an ILB who's got no business starting most downs at OLB going forward.

I'd kill for this draft.  Adderly, Hock, Polite, Samuel, Dieter, Gardner Jr and Jelks would be an absolute home run.  I wouldn't at all be surprised to see all 7 prospects being first round picks or high second rounders.  

40 minutes ago, SSG said:

Didn't like that it started with retaining both Cobb and CM3, both of whom look compeltey done as starting caliper pLAYERS.  Saying that though, adding Clowny covers down on CM3's inabilities to be effective at outside.  Personally think he's more of an ILB who's got no business starting most downs at OLB going forward.

I'd kill for this draft.  Adderly, Hock, Polite, Samuel, Dieter, Gardner Jr and Jelks would be an absolute home run.  I wouldn't at all be surprised to see all 7 prospects being first round picks or high second rounders.  

Yeah CM3 becomes a situational edge and an ILB , he still has some leadership qualities and  might still be worth 5m per, 

8 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Yeah I don’t do predictions in my thread but, what I would do, I think Cobb is young enough and cheap enough  to throw AR a bone here, and Clay will take a big discount to retire a Packers and can rush the passer 10-15 times a game, and has diversity.

guess the trade down is a risk, but I would be ok with say Sweat/Burns/Ferguson, Smith/Fant, and Abram/Thompson for concellations, or even Samuel or Brown at 30.  We need a PR badly. Wish I did something to improve MLB play as well.

yeah I agree Adderly will be the last drafted of the 3 I mentioned, but used the draft order above, and ook them in the order I did accordingly.

IF Polite is available at that spot it’s because his length or other stats at the combine are not good. If that were the case I’d take Burns with the first number 1 you have and hope for the best TE with the 3rd #1 and Adderley with the second #1. 

I don't know about drafting a CB named Holder.  OL and CBs shouldn't be named Holder.

Other than that?  Liked the draft a lot.  For some reason I always cringe when people send big money at Clowney (but someone is going to do it!).

Archived