Which team is the biggest treadmill team in the NFL?

UtahUtesFan

On 10/02/2019 at 8:43 AM, Kiwibrown said:

Maimi is a great example, and buffalo is pretty similar. 

San deigo has been mediocre with rivers giving them more wins tha  deserve each year. 

The lions are a worse san deigo woth Stafford and Calvin.

I would say Buffalo WAS. I think they recognised it, which they did a proper rebuild for once, clearing the roster, absorbing dead cap and making the roster younger

8 hours ago, areksoo said:

but with all the bad contracts and lack of talent and building around a rookie QB, the Bills are back down to mediocrity.

In an otherwise good post, that's an incorrect.

2018 was part of the plan. They had to clear the roster and have one of the biggest dead cap totals ever.

They now have 10 draft picks and a huge amount of cap space.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, HailToTheVictors+Redskins said:

The Titans are the biggest one to me in 2019 because they're in a crappy situation with Mariota (give an injury prone middle of the run QB a massive deal, or let him walk and have nobody) and are overpaying Taylor Lewan (16.7M cap hit) and Malcom Butler (13.1M cap hit). At least the last two can be cut without too much of a penalty in March 2020. Overall it's at least better to overpay guys in the NFL because they can usually be cut after 3 years and don't take up as much cap % wise.

I mean plenty of teams would pay that for Lewan... He had an up and down season(much like the whole OL) last year but he’s still arguably a top 5 OT in the league. His contract was due so that made him the highest paid.  The rest I agree with. Butler’s contract is a joke and he never deserved that kind of money but Robinson being obsessed with old Patriots gave him that deal. Same with Dion Lewis. 

Lions are probably the best answer. Since Stafford's first full season as the primary starter in 2011, they've averaged 7.875 wins. Doesn't get much closer to mediocre than that.

Dolphins are another good one. A little worse in that same kind of timeframe, though they've also had a lower variance.

Redskins have been there for the last 4 years or so. Had a couple of really bad years before that, though.

2 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

If we're going by mediocre and not a treadmill of bad? Dallas, Washington, and Miami would be my picks. 

On a slightly higher treadmill tier of mediocre to good, but never great: Houston and the Chargers.

We'll there's mediocre treadmill teams like a yearly 8-8 to 9-7 Dallas Cowboys team, 8-8 Lions team with overpaid QB, and the Bills who are usually 6-10 to 8-8 who can't ever find a QB that is able to get over mediocrity. 

On 2/10/2019 at 12:43 AM, Kiwibrown said:

Maimi is a great example, and buffalo is pretty similar. 

San deigo has been mediocre with rivers giving them more wins tha  deserve each year. 

The lions are a worse san deigo woth Stafford and Calvin.

How are Chargers on here? What time frame is this referring to? This aint it. This isnt a list for the Chargers. 

14 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Lions are probably the best answer. Since Stafford's first full season as the primary starter in 2011, they've averaged 7.875 wins. Doesn't get much closer to mediocre than that.

Dolphins are another good one. A little worse in that same kind of timeframe, though they've also had a lower variance.

Redskins have been there for the last 4 years or so. Had a couple of really bad years before that, though.

Chargers are 72-72 since 2010.

No decimals needed.

Miami or Detroit, easy. The ownership for both teams is generally terrible.

Detroit in all their years has never been to a Super Bowl or really been that competitive in the playoffs.

Miami hasn't done jack since 72' and even then they could've lost that Super Bowl. And if they draft Kyler Murray with their 1st, lol..... 

Most of both team's draft picks have been pretty underwhelming to boot. I'll never forget spitting cereal milk all over my apartment floor when the Dolphins drafted Ted Ginn with the 9th overall. Guess it wasn't as bad as Heyward-Bey. Oh, let's throw Oakland in the mix as well. That team has done jack all since Gruden left and then traded one of the best defensive players in the game and the only receiving threat their QB had away.

On 10 februari 2019 at 7:33 PM, tom cody said:

Miami for me. You always expect them to do something but they usually fail to meet them.

Hmmmmm. I cannot remember when the last time was when i expected the Dolphins to be a serious playoff contender (my translation of doing something). More mediocre then the Bengals, those guys at least ended up in the playoffs reguraly, Dolphins are truly mediocre it sees.

Archived