šŸ¢ Turtles 1st 2019 Mock Offseason

turtle28

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

You never know.Ā I don't judge players by the school they go to.

It's possible his ceiling is backup. I tend to think he would be an average starter. Which is why I wanted him in the 4th. Remember, we're gonna need 3 young QBs on our roster in the next 2 years. Have to start someplace and I'm not spending my first 3 picks on a QB.

This team needs to roll into 2019 and not do well. So we can getĀ the real option in 2020 draft.

Except Bruce Allen is picking that QB. I'd rather get it over with now, so he can finally be pushed out, and maybe, MAYBE, get replaced with someone halfway competent.

I'm not willing to spend a 3rd rounder on a guy who is a backup, when this team needs two starting safeties, at least one starting ILB, at least one starting OLB, a number 1 receiver, a starting tight end, at least one starting guard, and a starting center.

They need to be drafting high ceiling guys and using the next couple seasons to develop them.

4 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Except Bruce Allen is picking that QB. I'd rather get it over with now, so he can finally be pushed out, and maybe, MAYBE, get replaced with someone halfway competent.

Wait...so you are not sold on Bruce's ability to pick up a Franchise QB, but you want him to do it this year so he can be pushed out next year? We'd still need a franchise QB

Wouldn't it be better to NOT waste the high pick on a QB with Bruce at the helm and instead wait until the new GM/Head Coach are in placeĀ next year? At least with my strategy you have Rypien (with 1 year of experience) & McCoy (on his way out of the league)on the roster with a rookie franchise QB coming on in 2020.

BTW -Ā  regardless of my argument above -> I'm almost 100% sure we're gonna pick up a QB in the 1st. Both Bruce and Jay are trying to hold onto their jobs. The onlyĀ way they do it is to get a QB. So while I don't think it's smart to do so, they will do it. If only to CTA

23 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Wait...so you are not sold on Bruce's ability to pick up a Franchise QB, but you want him to do it this year so he can be pushed out next year? We'd still need a franchise QB

Wouldn't it be better to NOT waste the high pick on a QB with Bruce at the helm and instead wait until the new GM/Head Coach are in placeĀ next year? At least with my strategy you have Rypien (with 1 year of experience) & McCoy (on his way out of the league)on the roster with a rookie franchise QB coming on in 2020.

BTW -Ā  regardless of my argument above -> I'm almost 100% sure we're gonna pick up a QB in the 1st. Both Bruce and Jay are trying to hold onto their jobs. The onlyĀ way they do it is to get a QB. So while I don't think it's smart to do so, they will do it. If only to CTA

I agree with this, they've all been focusing on this class of QBs this offseason. They knowĀ it's unlikely that Alex playsĀ again.

Lastly, anyone thinking Brice is going to get fired needs to have me overĀ to take a hit of whatever drugs they're on.

Thanks

17 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Bruce will screw it up. He'll trade up. It will be another nail in his coffin. If he plays it safe and let's his scouting department do it, they'll avoid going all in on a rookie Q and Bruce will surviveĀ 

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

Bruce will screw it up. He'll trade up. It will be another nail in his coffin. If he plays it safe and let's his scouting department do it, they'll avoid going all in on a rookie Q and Bruce will surviveĀ 

Okay. Wasn't sure where you were going with this.

Ā 

21 hours ago, Slateman said:

Probably but we canā€™t change that. Thatā€™s why I take the position of hoping for the best but expecting the worst.Ā 

Thereā€™s noĀ nail in Briceā€™s coffin, Dan likes him and Dan loved his father!

Iā€™ll root for whomever we draft to succeed despite Brice.

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Donā€™t rule out another Alex Smith type trade. I think one of the Bengals current qbā€™s could be coming to dcĀ 

I don't think this team legitimately has the cap space.Ā  AJ McCarron could be a possibility, however, but I think a trade up for Kyler Murray is going to be the move here.Ā Ā 

I really hope we donā€™t trade for an average QB or sign one like Bridgewater or Keenum when we have one whoā€™s arguably average - or slightly below average - in Colt.

I donā€™t see the point in trying to winĀ 1 or 2 more games with a QB like Bridgewater, Keenum, McCarron etc in 2019 than we would with Colt,Ā Johnson and/or aĀ rookie QB starting our 16 games.Ā 

Starting Colt, Johnson and a rookie over 16 games means we win 4 toĀ 7 games, getting a slightly better Qb means we win 6 to 9 games.

Yeah, not worth the worse 2020 draft position! We should want the top 10 or evenĀ top 5 pick.

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don't think this team legitimately has the cap space.Ā  AJ McCarron could be a possibility, however, but I think a trade up for Kyler Murray is going to be the move here.Ā Ā 

If we cut/restructureĀ all of our good players - even Alex Smith - weā€™ll have the cap room to add a guy like Foles. I donā€™t like doing that again though. We really need to think long term - like a decade out - not a few years/5 at the most, which is what signing Foles would be.

Then, thereā€™s also the fact that if we cut our good weapons & a few defensive players like Brown and Norman and donā€™t re-sign Haha, Foles isnā€™t good enough to actually lift a team to greatness.

Heā€™s similar to Cousins, if everything else is good around him and he has aĀ great defense too, he can win a lot of games and maybe a super bowl, but everything else has to go right around him.

So, if we make the room to add Foles, weā€™re basically back to where we were with Cousins in 2017.

48 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Foles has sucked everywhere but Philly. Heā€™s going to suck again outside of Philly. I would be incredibly upset if we went that route.Ā 

He sucked in St Louis playing in Jeff Fishers high school offense. Other than that, he hasnā€™t sucked.

That being said, I want nothing to do with Foles. The Redskins need to go with Colt/Johnson/Rookie and get a high draft pick and continue to build for the future.

Archived