Who gets in Hall of Fame 1st of 2004 QB Class?

x0x

Hall of Fame QBs  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets in 1st?

• Eli Manning
    • Ben Roethlisberger
    • Philip Rivers

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Man it's amusing watching the one Chargers fan on this site do everything he can to fight an uphill battle.

Why don't we just make a poll in NFL Gen. "Is Philip Rivers a HoFer?"

You mean watching the 1 person apply a 80 year old rule to logic arguing with 2 guys who seem to be bent on ignoring the actual facts that Rivers has achievements on his resume that are highly valued by alot of football people which put him in very very exclusive company.

A poll? What are there HOF voters on here.  I remember when i was a spectator last year there was a thread in Gen that was is Rivers a HOF and quite a few posters said yes. That was prior to this great year for Rivers.

But poll or no poll. I gave you tangibles that show other qbs with the achievements Rivers has are in the HOF.

Edited by Bearerofnews

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

You mean watching the 1 person apply a 80 year old rule to logic arguing with 2 guys who seem to be bent on ignoring the actual facts that Rivers has achievements on his resume that are highly valued by alot of football people which put him in very very exclusive company.

Ah yes, you supply your own facts and ignore others that hold even more weight. Congrats.

C'mon now. If the fans don't think he belongs, then he certainly doesn't belong dude. 

He's 7th in line from his era at best. He ain't getting in homeslice.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Ah yes, you supply your own facts and ignore others that hold even more weight. Congrats.

C'mon now. If the fans don't think he belongs, then he certainly doesn't belong dude. 

He's 7th in line from his era at best. He ain't getting in homeslice.

My own facts? Did i make them up? I think fans are fickle and think they know, when they dont.

If HOFers valued SBs like fans think, explain to me why there is quite a few SB winning qbs who arent in the HOF and never will be. Then explain to me how out of the 13 qbs all time with 8 probowls or more, Rivers will be the 1 not in the HOF. Knock it off fam.

This is where i stop taking you serious. I stopped really the minute you claimed or anyone claimed Eli was more worthy. 

How am I supposed to take you serious? You're clearly SUPER biased being a Chargers fan and what not. I GUARANTEE if Rivers played for the Jaguars you'd never consider him for the Hall of Fame.

Matt Ryan has comparable stats, an MVP, AND at least a Super Bowl appearance. 

Philip Rivers has... pro bowlz.

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

My own facts? Did i make them up? I think fans are fickle and think they know, when they dont.

If HOFers valued SBs like fans think, explain to me why there is quite a few SB winning qbs who arent in the HOF and never will be. Then explain to me how out of the 13 qbs all time with 8 probowls or more, Rivers will be the 1 not in the HOF. Knock it off fam.

Super Bowls are valued for the Quarterback position and if your deny that you're lying to yourself to help your own narrative. Trust me.

He won't be in the hall of fame because he wasn't a top 5 guy in his era.

6 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

You create a rule, but then apply an exception to that rule. That's not how it works. You cant say no qb with multiple sb rings is in the hall... EXCEPT if they have horrible stats like the 1 guy who falls into this category. 

Again, there is 13 qbs all time who are atleast 8 time probowlers. All of them are in the hall except for Peyton, Brady, Brees and Rivers. But somehow you want to apply 3 new levels of a rule to a wider field and somehow you want to validatr that rule and invalidate my much more refined more exclusive rule.

Rivers is less accomplished? So to you a all pro, or a single ring or a single mvp season is more accomplished than putting up all time top 4-5 numbers in nearly most major qb stats to go with 8 probowls, which only 12 other qbs in NFL history have done?

This is a case of someone who dug their feet on some arbritary rule and even though he has been presented a much more definitive rule, he is too proud to change his stance.

If Rivers gets to 10 probowls, which is very likely. He will join only 39 other players in NFL history... any position any era with that distinction. Yet you think he will be a long shot? Yeah ok fam.... we'll sale that. 0% chance. 

I’m sorry you’re being too intellectually dishonest to discuss this with any further. Nearly all rules have one or two exceptions to them. That doesn’t mean the rule is not applicable. The fact that you can’t concede that the one exception to this particular rule is an extreme outlier of a player who has a terrible passer rating for any era (below 70) and more INT’s than TD’s and bounced around as a journeyman most of his career is just showing that you’re being disengenous trying to use that to prop up your already paper thin argument. 

Sorry I get that you’re a fan, but he’s not getting in off 8 Pro Bowls. Eli’s a Super borderline case as it is and he will wait before getting in. 2 Super Bowls will push him in inevitably. Matt Ryan is already statistically on par with Rivers and more accomplished, nobody thinks he’s getting yet. 

Rivers wont get in without getting a real accolade to his name. There’s too many guys in his era that have done much more already. 

He’s Hall of Very Good. 

4 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

This is where i stop taking you serious. I stopped really the minute you claimed or anyone claimed Eli was more worthy. 

Matt Ryan is on the exact same statistical pace as Philip Rivers. Already has 4 Pro Bowls and will likely get more, which you seem to think is the key. And he has an MVP and All Pro and OPOY (voted on by many HOF voters) and a Super Bowl appearance 

He has a way better case than Rivers. If you can’t see that it just shows tremendous bias and further shows why discussing this is a waste of time with you 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

How am I supposed to take you serious? You're clearly SUPER biased being a Chargers fan and what not. I GUARANTEE if Rivers played for the Jaguars you'd never consider him for the Hall of Fame.

Matt Ryan has comparable stats, an MVP, AND at least a Super Bowl appearance. 

Philip Rivers has... pro bowlz.

If Rivers played for anyone, id consider him a HOF with his resume. Difference is i wouldnt care enough to keep debating. To be 1 of only 5 qbs ever with 5 seasons or more with a 100 passer rating season. To be 1 of 13 all time with 8 or more probowls. Is already 6th all time in tds, 9th all time in wins, 8th in yds, 1 of 4 all time with 10 seasons with 4000 yds (i guess only 3 other qbs play in his era), 1 of 5 qbs all time with 11 or more seasons of 25 td passes or more.

Just show me a qb with the same career as Rivers who isnt in the HOF. No, Bledsoe is not one, not close. 

If Rivers played for anyone, id consider him a HOF with his resume. Difference is i wouldnt care enough to keep debating. To be 1 of only 5 qbs ever with 5 seasons or more with a 100 passer rating season. To be 1 of 13 all time with 8 or more probowls. Is already 6th all time in tds, 9th all time in wins, 8th in yds, 1 of 4 all time with 10 seasons with 4000 yds (i guess only 3 other qbs play in his era), 1 of 5 qbs all time with 11 or more seasons of 25 td passes or more.

Just show me a qb with the same career as Rivers who isnt in the HOF. No, Bledsoe is not one, not close. 

You're lying to yourself.

Once again, you can throw out that statistic like it means a lot while ignoring the fact that that is becoming the new normal.

Guess what? In the first 2/3 seasons of their career DeShaun Watson, Carson Wentz, and Jared Goff already have 2. It's becoming the new normal and isn't as impressive as you make it out to be.

Pro Bowls are like Gold Stars. They're nice, but they don't make a resume. They're little +'s but without the crucial components involved for the QB position. Super Bowl's MVP's and All-Pro's. They're insignificant when it comes to the HoF. all those other players had one or more of those other things. 

Take off the blue shades guy.

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

He’d also be the only HOF QB without a Super Bowl, an MVP or an All Pro which are considered high marks for that position. He’d be the only one in there that was never at any point a champion and/or viewed as one of the top QB’s/players in a season 

11 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Matt Ryan is on the exact same statistical pace as Philip Rivers. Already has 4 Pro Bowls and will likely get more, which you seem to think is the key. And he has an MVP and All Pro and OPOY (voted on by many HOF voters) and a Super Bowl appearance 

He has a way better case than Rivers. If you can’t see that it just shows tremendous bias and further shows why discussing this is a waste of time with you 

So im going to sum up this debate with you and danger. Im sure you two are great posters and im the new guys. So my intention isnt to be diffcult. But im going to sum up both of your arguments and how you attribute value to your POV. You guys are taking singular seasons (Matt Ryan has 1 season where he got all pro, sb berth and MVP) and you guys are applying higher levels of value to a singular season than a career. 

It's crazy to me. I'm not interested in banging my head if you guys are dug in. I'm leaving this with this statement. I am willing to bet my life, Rivers will be in the HOF. I sincerely see 0% he doesnt get in.

Edited by Bearerofnews

So im going to sum up this debate with you and danger. Im sure you two are great posters and im the new guys. So my intention isnt to be diffcult. But im going to sum up both of your arguments and how your attribute value to your POV. You guys are taking singular seasons (Matt Ryan has 1 season where he got all pro, sb berth and MVP) and you guys are applying higher levels of value to a singular season than a career. 

It's crazy to me. Im not interested in banging my head if you guys are dug in. Im leaving this with these statement. I am willing to bet my life, Rivers will be in the HOF. I sincerely see 0% he doesnt get in.

I sincerely hope you didn’t actually bet your life on this. Because right now there’s at least 6-8 guys that played during Rivers career that would be ahead of him.