Jrry32's First Mock Off-Season of the Year

jrry32

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think you are a bit confused on who Brockers is, he is not a pass rusher. His "Big" sack season of 4.5 last year was mostly clean up of what QBs were doing to avoid Donald. Thats what his game is. And going 1-on-1 isnt making him any better of a player. He is a long strong space eater, he is most effective in run defense, and not allowing the rest of the pocket disappear when Donald is pushing up the middle. 

Brockers needs to be able to occupy and dominate multiple interior lineman to be most effective, because he is most useful setting up others for success. He isnt flashy, and knows what he is great at. Thats what he got paid to do, and the opportunity of Suh made everyone shift some, and the results (along the line) didnt bear out like we hoped they would. Still VERY good, just not all time like some were hoping.

I know what Brockers game is, but if you are 1 on 1 against an olineman you're expected to win more than you lose. That wasn't the case. And he wasn't great at eating blockers or stopping the run this year. So he's not doing what you claim him to be doing at a high level. I think we'd be better served letting him go, letting JFM take his spot and getting Danny Shelton to man the nose.

31 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Teams are stingy with picks, and I'm not sure McVay will want to jettison a young player for DeSean. I also don't trust DeSean to come here on the cheap or to behave himself. I'd rather hold onto Reynolds for now because I don't see us getting enough compensation for him to be worth it.

As for Fowler, I've evaluated our cap situation. If we tag him, it's going to hinder our ability to sign other free agents. Yes, we can move money around, but there's a limit to that. Paying Fowler Jr. $14+ million this year (I'd have to look up the exact figure) is not something I see us doing.

This I think you're going to see a huge change in the offseason this year based on the success the Rams/Eagles have had with being active in the trade market and FA. It's a copycat league and I believe you will see the trend of relying solely on the draft to build will change drastically this year. Saw a tweet today the UDFA's make up 32% of rosters and double the amount of players in the league that were drafted rounds 4-7. Trading mid to late round picks for players will become common place as the focus shifts to "win now" windows while QB's are on rookie deals.

That is just a general theory not specific to DJax/Reynolds because I'm not sure he would come on a cap friendly deal either, but could be because of his desire to reunite with McVay.

I see alot of people thinking Suh wont return due to money. Im the opposite. I think him getting a ring, especially knowing how close he was this past season will influence him to come back. Did you not see how happy he was when the Rams won the NFCCG? If he walks away to chase a big contract Id be shocked. He has the business side of things with Kroenke to help his brand off the field and he has a great relationship with the team on the field which is setup for another Superbowl run in this upcoming season. Id be shocked if he walks away feeling like there is unfinished business. Had the Rams won the Superbowl I could see him walking for a bigger payday knowing he got a ring. The only way I dont see him returning if the Rams dont want to give him another 1yr deal. 

15 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Brockers had 1 sack.. The whole year. FOH with that he's good bs. Dude got pushed out more than turds while you have diarrhea. 

He had 55 tackles and 4.5 sacks in 2017. He played very well that year. IMO, we're not letting him go unless we bring back Suh. He's only 28, and we can get a comp pick for him if he walks after 2019.

38 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He had 55 tackles and 4.5 sacks in 2017. He played very well that year. IMO, we're not letting him go unless we bring back Suh. He's only 28, and we can get a comp pick for him if he walks after 2019.

He either plays out his deal or gets traded imo. Very outside chance he gets a couple year extension to bring down his aav. 

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Brockers had 1 sack.. The whole year. FOH with that he's good bs. Dude got pushed out more than turds while you have diarrhea. 

I was going to go into this, but the fact that some of you are basing this off of his sack total, shows me you are not even worth having this conversation with.

He has just as many sub 3.0 sack seasons as he has had over 3.0 sack seasons in his career. And he only has 10.5 sacks total in the last 5 seasons. That is not, never has, nor ever will be his game. His contract that you are now complaining about was never based on his Sack totals.

Now if you want to have the conversation about "is he worth $11m this season" at least you are being rational, debatably wrong, but at least rational. But the basis of this take has been Brockersis "Useless" and you all can GTFO with than nonsense right now. I can guarantee you Aaron Donald, his 60+ career sacks and record breaking contract dont agree one damn bit with that assessment

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I was going to go into this, but the fact that some of you are basing this off of his sack total, shows me you are not even worth having this conversation with.

He has just as many sub 3.0 sack seasons as he has had over 3.0 sack seasons in his career. And he only has 10.5 sacks total in the last 5 seasons. That is not, never has, nor ever will be his game. His contract that you are now complaining about was never based on his Sack totals.

Now if you want to have the conversation about "is he worth $11m this season" at least you are being rational, debatably wrong, but at least rational. But the basis of this take has been Brockersis "Useless" and you all can GTFO with than nonsense right now. I can guarantee you Aaron Donald, his 60+ career sacks and record breaking contract dont agree one damn bit with that assessment

Useless. With that mindset bring back Lamarcus Joyner.

22 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

If I wanted a guy to go up against single blockers and do nothing I'd pad up. Come on now. He hasn't played up to the contract and doesn't deserve to take up that much cap space. Useless was obviously an over exaggeration, but he hasn't necessarily been good. I don't need him to get sacks. But he isn't taking on double teams to free up others and we've been gashed up the middle by runs. So whatever you think he's done, he hasn't. Trade him, ala Ogletree, and find a better use of that money.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

No ones going to pay him money in order to get that big comp.. For a 7th? Yeah i rather use that money elsewhere

Lawrence Guy-Danny Shelton all guys on a much cheaper contract played much better. Brocks played well in the Dallas-NO games.. But my gosh.. zero impact.

It's like you don't even know he's playing. 

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

No ones going to pay him money in order to get that big comp.. For a 7th? Yeah i rather use that money elsewhere

Lawrence Guy-Danny Shelton all guys on a much cheaper contract played much better. Brocks played well in the Dallas-NO games.. But my gosh.. zero impact.

It's like you don't even know he's playing. 

Would love Danny Shelton

5 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So people would love Shelton and hate Brockers. Hate Brockers because he only had one sack last year. Yet we want Shelton who in 4 years has 1.5 sacks total? There is a hell of a lot more to the position than sacks. 

It has nothing to do with sacks (to me, can't speak for others). It's how they play the game. Brockers is easily single manned and can't beat that man to get pressures. Shelton can eat blockers, or if singled can beat his man more often than Brockers. Would also cost less (I assume) than Brockers.

There are safeties I like who are going to be around on Day 3 this year, but they're redundant of Triple J.  Fresno State's Mike Bell for instance.  But for the most part, I think if we're in search of someone who is more comfortable playing that deep third, we're better off looking to either free agency or to a CB convert.

22 minutes ago, The LBC said:

There are safeties I like who are going to be around on Day 3 this year, but they're redundant of Triple J.  Fresno State's Mike Bell for instance.  But for the most part, I think if we're in search of someone who is more comfortable playing that deep third, we're better off looking to either free agency or to a CB convert.

We're not looking for a deep-third guy. Wade likes interchangeable safeties. He would be quite happy with another JJIII, but I wasn't a fan of what I saw from Bell.

34 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

It has nothing to do with sacks (to me, can't speak for others). It's how they play the game. Brockers is easily single manned and can't beat that man to get pressures. Shelton can eat blockers, or if singled can beat his man more often than Brockers. Would also cost less (I assume) than Brockers.

I have to disagree with this. Brockers is better than Shelton. But I want them playing different roles.

Archived