The 2019 CHIAVERTINI Award Show

MWil23

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 10:43 AM, MWil23 said:

Gentlemen,

It's been too long since the last award was presented. The distinct backhanded compliment/honor of presenting our next award was given to yours truly.

giphy.gif

The Mary Kay Cabot Award

mkc.jpg

As you can probably infer from the picture, we don't know if MKC is trying to figure out her wardrobe, report on sports/the Browns, think of who to ban on her twitter followers that dare to question her exceptional journalistic prowess and abilities, or smelling a fart. This award goes to the HOTTEST TAKES.

h5063B543

Definition: Hot take. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. In journalism, a hot take is a "piece of deliberately provocative commentary that is based almost entirely on shallow moralizing" in response to a news story, "usually written on tight deadlines with little research or reporting, and even less thought".

tenor.gif?itemid=10833210

The winner of this prestigious award was WELL DESERVED. He painstakingly prides himself in being correct, having insider information, and will gladly die on the Sam Darnold Hill. This poster also could probably learn that a picture truly is worth 1,000 words.

giphy.gif

That said, pre-draft, with his "insider information"

giphy.gif

And "gut feelings",

PracticalScaredFluke-size_restricted.gif

He managed to 100% correctly CALL not one

lebron.gif?w=1000

...BUT TWO shots with Sir Baker Mayfield and Mr. Denzel Ward.

This, in all fairness, is the stuff of legends.

giphy.gif

@Mind Character, take a well deserved bow, victory lap...and most importantly...

SPEECH!!!!!!!!!!! SPEECH!!!!!!!!! SPEECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7DK9.gif

Congratulations Mind!!!!!!!!!!!! Well deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first reactions...

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c8244be7670336a59

... then...

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c824820724a356f77

----

Next, my secondary reactions to the award....

tenor.gif?itemid=5175734

giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c82421d522f526f32

--

Then out of nowhere... it hit me like a ton of bricks ... when I least expected it...

giphy.gif

.... " They're not actually giving me an award b/c they appreciate my long, non-quality, trash posts... they actually lied when they said it was okay for me to write 100 page non-concise novels on the forum... they're not laughing with me.... they of House Dorsey non-Wordsmithian are actually laughing at my posts..."  The bitter truth shocked the system....

giphy.gif

--

All I could think was, " It's like they think I'm a clown ... here to amuse them... Award how? Tell me what's so award worthy about me??"

200.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=10491629

--

The urge to long post in retaliation is starting to bubble up.... A Warning to the wise... I don't know how much longer I can suppress the urge...

giphy.gif

--

But then I remembered I'm a football forum long-poster addict in recovery... if I give in there's no telling how bad it'll get... the last time I fell off the wagon I posted short book length posts for 7 days straight w/ headings and roman numerals up to VI. as paragraph titles... something about Kai Nacua this... B.I.L. that... it was madness... I prefer to forget those dark times... I'm a changed man...

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c8254ee3464626267

---

Then a dark internet voice inside tells me "it's okay to long, trash post once more ... they're asking for it"

giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c8258564350437363

--

Yeah... that's it... the only way they'll understand how wrong they are for this award is through long-posting... only through long-posts will they see the Light...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

--

It's begun... the long, trash post to end all posts... " Chapter 1: Context and Hue Revisited..."

giphy.gif

" Chapter 2: B.I.L. Knows Best...."

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c824bea30662e4351

---

"No no no no... get a hold of yourself man... that was the old you... you're a changed man that only posts a few concise posts here or there..."

I've found peace... much respect and appreciation for the award lol ... really though I got nothing but respect for the FF fam been busy with re-location for work and life foolery ... hope to spend more time on here with you charlatans as the draft madness ramps up... I am a loyal subject of King Baker of House Leader of Men Big Sideline Celebration Johnson... Now I'm retired from long posting... Good times ahead....

giphy.gif

@Mind Character is back!!!!! Mind, I had to do my best to give you as good of a write-up as I possibly could! You've earned it. You haven't been around long enough, but trust me when I say that a Chaviertini award is our most prestigious award and self deprecating humor is the ultimate compliment here. 

Archived