TKellion

Who is the game 1 starter?

ABC - Anyone Besides Colt.  He's overrated and doesn't even belong in the NFL. I'd try to bring in Blake Bortles and draft a QB somewhere.

8 hours ago, taylor made said:

ABC - Anyone Besides Colt.  He's overrated and doesn't even belong in the NFL. I'd try to bring in Blake Bortles and draft a QB somewhere.

Why bring in someone else? We shouldn't actually be trying to go to the playoffs should we?

Sign a more expensive veteran - wasting cap space - to win no more games or just a few more games and get a worse 2020 draft pick doesn't make sense to me.

If your goal is to get a top 10 pick next year - and it should be - because no one   thinks we are a Super Bowl contender as currently constructed then, I think Colt is as good an option as anyone else. 

And Colt doesn't belong in the NFL? He's been in the league since 2010 and he's earned it as a back up. He's nothing special and I agree some fans overrate him bc of the Cowboys win on the road in 2014 but he's definitely a good back up.

I mean he just proved once again last year that he's a good back up in the 3 games he played.

4th Q vs Houston:

54 yds, 1 TD & a 90.3 rtg

Vs Dallas:

268 yds, 2 Tds but 2 bad ints & one unlucky int

1st Q Vs Phila:

4/4, 50 yards

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Why bring in someone else?

Because you have to risk to see if someone has a future here or you are just gonna waste another year. With Colt,  he's just a placeholder with no future here. That's what I mean he shouldn't be in the NFL. We should just cut him. We are wasting time, money and resources on him. The mentality of riding with career journeyman has been getting this team no where. Colt McCoy is the equivalent of playing WR Michael Floyd when we have Simmie Cobbs, Jr. on the Practice Squad.

If you brought in Blake Bortles - I think he is a great fit here. He has the potential to turn his career around here being young at age 26 or he has the potential to be totally awful like he was in Jacksonville was this year and that landed them a top 10 pick.

There's a difference between tanking with a bunch of washed up veterans or tanking with young guys with potential. The first one makes no sense.

5 hours ago, taylor made said:

Because you have to risk to see if someone has a future here or you are just gonna waste another year. With Colt,  he's just a placeholder with no future here. That's what I mean he shouldn't be in the NFL. We should just cut him. We are wasting time, money and resources on him. The mentality of riding with career journeyman has been getting this team no where. Colt McCoy is the equivalent of playing WR Michael Floyd when we have Simmie Cobbs, Jr. on the Practice Squad.

If you brought in Blake Bortles - I think he is a great fit here. He has the potential to turn his career around here being young at age 26 or he has the potential to be totally awful like he was in Jacksonville was this year and that landed them a top 10 pick.

There's a difference between tanking with a bunch of washed up veterans or tanking with young guys with potential. The first one makes no sense.

But it's wasting cap space that I’d rather see them use to re-sign their own free agents like Scherff, and maybe Crowder & Smith.

I have absolutely no need for Bortles if I'm the Redskins. Our HC likes Colt, the players love Colt and think he's a great leader. Start Colt, re-sign Johnson on a vet min deal and draft a QB. Little cap space, not tied to any of them long term but the rookie.

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

But it's wasting cap space that I’d rather see them use to re-sign their own free agents like Scherff, and maybe Crowder & Smith.

I have absolutely no need for Bortles if I'm the Redskins. Our HC likes Colt, the players love Colt and think he's a great leader. Start Colt, re-sign Johnson on a vet min deal and draft a QB. Little cap space, not tied to any of them long term but the rookie.

Totally agree. When it comes to QBs, I kinda consider them to be in three categories: franchise QB (SB capable), franchise QB (not SB capable), and non-franchise QB. 

Colt is not a franchise QB. Neither is Bortles, neither are any of the guys available in FA (with the possible exception of Bridgewater, in my opinion). They’re all interchangeable. Bortles might have more natural talent than Colt — but who cares? The team isn’t meaningfully contending next season with Alex Smith’s contract still large and his leg still in pieces. 

The key to making the most of next season is to keep building the roster but use a mediocre (or worse) QB to drive the final W/L record down. Then we’ll be in a great position to draft AND plug in a young QB in 2020. 

Teddy Bridgewater is coming off making about 3 million, if you can get him for 8 million he's a guy to look at. He has the potential to be a starter or quality backup. I think you bring him with notion that you like his potential to possibly be around for the next 3-5 years and its up to him to earn what spot that will be. Daniels, Haskins, Murray are guys I could see them looking at in the 1st round. Drafting one of those guys and signing Bridgewater puts less pressure on the rookie but also sparks some good competition for two guys who would both be entering their 1st year in the system. Also by signing Bridgewater you than put yourself in better position to draft the BPA or trading down to get more picks. 

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Teddy Bridgewater is coming off making about 3 million, if you can get him for 8 million he's a guy to look at. He has the potential to be a starter or quality backup. I think you bring him with notion that you like his potential to possibly be around for the next 3-5 years and its up to him to earn what spot that will be. Daniels, Haskins, Murray are guys I could see them looking at in the 1st round. Drafting one of those guys and signing Bridgewater puts less pressure on the rookie but also sparks some good competition for two guys who would both be entering their 1st year in the system. Also by signing Bridgewater you than put yourself in better position to draft the BPA or trading down to get more picks. 

$8 million for a guy who hasn’t played an entire game since he dislocated his knee 3 years ago?

No thanks.

I’ve been saying it for over a month. Colt is very likley going to be the week 1 starter. People are just going to have to accept it.

Edited by turtle28

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

$8 million for s guy who hasn’t played an entire game since he dislocated his knee 3 years ago? No thanks.

I’ve been saying it for over a month. Colt is very likley going to be the week 1 starter. People are just going to have to accept it.

I don't care what you have been saying, I care about what will result in bringing some stability to the franchise. MCCoy had his chance and failed. He is nothing more than a Backup plain and simple!!

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't care what you have been saying, I care about what will result in bringing some stability to the franchise. MCCoy had his chance and failed. He is nothing more than a Backup plain and simple!!

Jay is a Colt man, the players like and play hard for Colt because he’s a great leader. We actually are better off having Colt play this year and then taking the top 10 or even top 5 pick next year.

Then, in the 2020 draft we can take Tua, Herbert or Fromm. They’re better options than any of the first round QBs in this draft besides Haskins, who we’ll have to trade up for and I think that’s a bad idea.

We should be thinking long term for this franchise, and not just short term.

Edited by turtle28

On 2/12/2019 at 11:36 PM, taylor made said:

We don't need a perfect OL if we draft Kyler Murray. Look at Seattle's OL. The excuses people will make to avoid drafting a QB. We have arguably one of the best LT's in the game, a top 5 draft pick at guard and a ton of money tied into RT. It's time. And of course we will waste all of that if we wait another year.

Problem is that that LT is on the wrong side of 30, that RG is in his last year before free agency and will cost quite a bit to retain and LG has been a turnstile for years.  

You will actually need to have a good offensive line for Kyler Murray.  First, his height means a lot of shotgun and pistol.  Second, he's not going to have the body to handle big hits at this level.  Third, another example besides Russell WIlson was Deshaun Watson leading the league in sacks.  

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

It will be Snyder realizing he needs to fire Bruce Allen and give someone full control over football operations.  But we all know both of those things won't happen any time soon.  

As for Bridgewater, if you sign him at $8 million which is a bit on the generous side, then you have approximately 20% of the cap taken up by Smith, McCoy and Bridgewater.  That's not going to fly.  If we sign a QB via free agency, it's going to be from the Fitzpatrick/McCown tier.  

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Jay is a Colt man, the players like and play hard for Colt because he’s a great leader. We actually are better off having Colt play this year and then taking the top 10 or even top 5 pick next year.

Then, in the 2020 draft we can take Tua, Herbert or Fromm. They’re better options than any of the first round QBs in this draft besides Haskins, who we’ll have to trade up for and I think that’s a bad idea.

We should be thinking long term for this franchise, and not just short term.

If the decision is to draft Jones as been reported than that goes to show thier thinking QB now. Also confirmed by their interest in Flacco. I don't have a problem tanking for next years QB class and making Colt the starter but if they are thinking about filling that position right now. Bridgewater has to be a option in that conversation. Both he and Fitzpatrick are cheap Free Agent QBs they could add who have the ability and experience at starting QB spot. The Redskins currently only have McCoy on the roster, so they need 2 other guys to come in.  

10 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

If the decision is to draft Jones as been reported than that goes to show thier thinking QB now. Also confirmed by their interest in Flacco. I don't have a problem tanking for next years QB class and making Colt the starter but if they are thinking about filling that position right now. Bridgewater has to be a option in that conversation. Both he and Fitzpatrick are cheap Free Agent QBs they could add who have the ability and experience at starting QB spot. The Redskins currently only have McCoy on the roster, so they need 2 other guys to come in.  

Flynn-backed plan to transfer nuclear tech to Saudis may have broken laws, say whistleblowers

Investigators fear President Trump is still considering the plan, which was pushed by Flynn and Trump friend Tom Barrack.

can draft a game changer!

Drafting Jones in round 1, is not a “decision for now,” that’s a decision for the long term future of the franchise, hopefully.