Who is the game 1 starter?

TKellion

9 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

But not drafting Jones and have him sit while signing Bridgewater to compete with McCoy for the starting gig. You know have a rookie sit like Mahomes did. You than have 3 QBs (two with high potential to start). Bridgewater has a productive year, he than becomes trade bait the following year with Jones ready to start. 

Your so against this, its as though you havent even thought about it. This could be a Nick Foles Carson Wentz situation or Tom Brady Jimmy G. The thing about it is you play your cards right your more than likely to come away with at least a 2nd round pick in 2020 (at least that what your hoping) McCoy want get you anything but a top 5 pick, while Bridgewater will still give you a top 15-20 plus and extra 2nd round pick (at least) 

You make some great points. A few years back I remember several posters using this similar thinking when we had RG and Kurt- at some point we were going to get multiple number 1 picks by trading one or the other of these young up and coming quarterbacks.  What happened? DanSkins- Where all hopes and dreams “turn to custard” 

21 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

You make some great points. A few years back I remember several posters using this similar thinking when we had RG and Kurt- at some point we were going to get multiple number 1 picks by trading one or the other of these young up and coming quarterbacks.  What happened? DanSkins- Where all hopes and dreams “turn to custard” 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but before the 2014 season, didn’t the Browns offer a 3rd or a 4th for Kirk and Brice Allen turned it down?

Thats the best offer we ever got for Kirk and I don’t think we ever tried to trade him in 2016 or 17, but I could be wrong about that.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I just still don’t see they’d want to sign a higher priced free agent than Colt McCoy who at best wins them a few more games and our record is at best 8-8 aka as average as can be and we’ll be drafting in the mid to high teens again in the 2020 draft instead of the top 10 or even top 5. 

I’m confused, so now you’ve moved the goal post to say the reason you want Bridgewater is bc of some hope and prayer than Bridgewater plays better than he ever has in his entire pro career that we can trade him for a 2nd round pick? Which, we could never get in return for Kirk Cousins back in 2013 or 2014?

People aren’t going to trade a 2nd for Bridgewater after his catastrophic knee injury and I don’t think it’s wise to sign Bridgewater to a multi-year deal which, we’d also need to be able to trade him in the 2020 offseason. Bridgewater is not Carson Wentz and certainty isn’t a recently drafted Jimmy G who’s young and been developing behind Brady. This is an extreme reach.

So yeah, that ain’t happening man. 

Also, yeah, I’d much rather have a top 10 or 5 pick bc McCoy is our QB in 2019 than to have a 1st round pick in the teens and an extra 2nd round pick, which won’t happen, but let’s just say that it does.

In case you can’t tell, the Redskins have a lot of young ok to good talent with a few players who are above average and a few that look like they’ll be great very soon. They don’t need to draft more average to good players, they need game changers in the draft and the best chance to get that is to have a top 10 or top 5 pick in the 2020 draft. The best chance to get that high pick is to roll with McCoy, Josh Johnson and a rookie that they draft at some point in the 2019 draft. 

Perferably, I’d like to draft Brett Rypien in round 3 to develop for the future, and then start Colt McCoy. Johnson or Rypien will probably play at some point bc Colt always gets hurt. So, that likely leads to a 4 win to at very best a 7 win season but most likely 5-11 or 6-10 and then, in 2020 we draft Tua, Fromm or Herbert to be our starting QB in 2020 and hopefully for the long term aka, next 15-20 years.

Dude you don't know **** really (excuse the language) but you really don't. You dont know what Bridgewater will look like next year, yet you write like your actually in the league getting inside information. Bridgewater is a better QB than McCoy plain and simple. You talk about Bridgewaters injury but you act like McCoy isn't coming off a injury as well and I don't care if McCoy injury wasnt the same as Bridgewater. McCoys happen less than a year ago while Bridgewater has had time to recover both physically and mentally. Your really annoying with post like these just FYI and I know you probaly dont care but I'm letting you know!!! The damn team has one QB signed and he's coming off injury and produce how many wins? but you want that guy to still start!!!! Thats dumb!!!!

10 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Right I make Great suggestions that the Redskins dont actaully make, but at the end of the day had they made them they would be in Waaaaaayyyyy better position than they are in now. Just like if the were to go into next season with Daniels/McCoy/Johnson as a QBs,  I suggested they do something better than that! Had I been in charge Cousins wouldn't had just left as a Free Agent, once again a better decision than was actually made. So its cool if your saying Synder and Allen will never have the common sense I have, but don't come for my ideas that make actual sense. 

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but before the 2014 season, didn’t the Browns offer a 3rd or a 4th for Kirk and Brice Allen turned it down?

Thats the best offer we ever got for Kirk and I don’t think we ever tried to trade him in 2016 or 17, but I could be wrong about that.

Did they ever talk to San Fran when they had the #2 pick and a High pick in the 2nd round? The same team who gave up a 2nd round pick for Jimmy G whose coach was Cousins past OC! 

20 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Did they ever talk to San Fran when they had the #2 pick and a High pick in the 2nd round? The same team who gave up a 2nd round pick for Jimmy G whose coach was Cousins past OC! 

I don't know. I never heard or read it reported that we were ever shopping Kirk. My thought was that Dan and Bruce weren't going to trade Kirk to Kyle and that's why that didn't happen. I'm not even sure if they ever even tried to trade Kirk at all which, we all know was stupid if they weren't going to give him the contract he had earned. 

Oh well, it is what it is.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I don't know. I never heard or read it reported that we were ever shopping Kirk. My thought was that Dan and Bruce weren't going to trade Kirk to Kyle and that's why that didn't happen. I'm not even sure if they ever even tried to trade Kirk at all which, we all know was stupid if they weren't going to give him the contract he had earned. 

Oh well, it is what it is.

Cool thanks for admitting you dont know! Now these predictions or thoughts you be making are they based off what Dan/Bruce will do or should do? Like you saying them letting Colt start next year, that's what they Should Do or Will Do?

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Cool thanks for admitting you dont know! Now these predictions or thoughts you be making are they based off what Dan/Bruce will do or should do? Like you saying them letting Colt start next year, that's what they Should Do or Will Do?

I obviously don't know what they will do. I can surely have an opinion on what the ”should do” though. And, I dont think they should waste cap space on a FA QB this offseason. I can't help that we don't agree about Bridgewater and whether that signing makes sense or not. So, it is what it is.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I obviously don't know what they will do. I can surely have an opinion on what the ”should do” though. And, I dont think they should waste cap space on a FA QB this offseason. I can't help that we don't agree about Bridgewater and whether that signing makes sense or not. So, it is what it is.

Dodging the question I see. I didn't mention Bridgewater. I asked you Colt starting next year is what they Will do or Should Do? We both are entitled to our personal opinions. 

34 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Dodging the question I see. I didn't mention Bridgewater. I asked you Colt starting next year is what they Will do or Should Do? We both are entitled to our personal opinions. 

I didn't dodge it, I guess I misunderstood the question. I think starting Colt is what they should do. As far as what they will do, with this front office, I'm out of the prediction business. They rarely do things that make sense to me.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I didn't dodge it, I guess I misunderstood the question. I think starting Colt is what they should do. As far as what they will do, with this front office, I'm out of the prediction business. They rarely do things that make sense to me.

Starting the same QB who just came off of injury right! The same QB with a record of 7-20! Sounds pretty dumb to me, but Ok Turtle. 

12 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Starting the same QB who just came off of injury right! The same QB with a record of 7-20! Sounds pretty dumb to me, but Ok Turtle. 

It's not dumb if you really don't like any of the QBs in the draft class as franchise QBs - except for Haskins who's going to cost too much to trade up for - and if you like the top 3 QBs of next years class much better and think they could start week 1 in 2020 and be our QB for the next 15 years plus.

You can't see the forest for the trees.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I remember reports saying Snyder refused to talk with SF because Shanahan is their coach and he didn’t want to get embarrassed.

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It's not dumb if you really don't like any of the QBs in the draft class as franchise QBs - except for Haskins who's going to cost too much to trade up for - and if you like the top 3 QBs of next years class much better and think they could start week 1 in 2020 and be our QB for the next 15 years plus.

You can't see the forest for the trees.

Than tanking is the reason your dont agree. Don't talk trash about signing a guy who could possibly give Fans something to cheer for or something worth watching on the field. I understand if you won't to try to get Tua next year, once again just say that! Yet again you still want to draft a QB before round 5 in this years draft so I'm confused on what your vision really is. Yea that Rypien kid you want in the 3rd round. 

Archived