Browns sign Kareem hunt

sdrawkcab321

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If he wants out so be it, but I’m not looking to move him.

Those 3 are effing lethal.

Duke didn't get a great go last year from a touches perspective despite playing well, I imagine he sees his role shrinking and he has two years left on his contract.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Goodbye Duke I’d imagine. This was very unexpected.

Probably not. We basically signed a 4-6 game rental and insurance policy for a playoff push at the end of the season. Hunt will more than likely be suspended 10 games or more leaving Chubb and Duke the majority of the work, but injuries do happen so we went out and got our version of C.J. Anderson 10 months early.

Him being a RFA is also a huge bonus as we could tag him an original round tender knowing full well we have no intentions of matching an offer and betting another team signs him based on his youth and performance and hopefully a year of image rebuild. John Dorsey could very well have got us a free 3rd round pick for the 2020 draft.

I’m conflicted.

If Hunt’s eligible to play though, the backfield is loaded, whether or not Duke sticks around. Still wanna see Chubb ground and pound as the 1a guy, but whatever keeps the W’s coming in I guess. 

Will be interesting though to see if this becomes a longer term signing after this year, what he would receive, and what the backfield will look like. 

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Goodbye Duke I’d imagine. This was very unexpected.

Maybe, but I hope not.  Hunt is one step away from a long suspension.  It would be dumb to move Duke imo.  Imagine that full house backfield thing that Freddie ran, but now with Hunt instead of Hilliard.  Sign me up for that.

So for clarification, him getting cut by KC and being out of the league half the season doesn’t count towards his mandatory forthcoming suspension?

This is going to be a noisy offseason of us making moves. JD isn’t gearing towards the future. The future is now. 

Archived