The Browns have signed Kareem Hunt

49erurtaza

Just now, pnies20 said:

Again... what am I missing? Which incident was a DV?

I'm actually not sure if it'll be termed DV. Maybe just battery. Not sure if the NFL will simply sweep it under the DV heading and treat it that way since it was on a woman. But yeah, officially, I Don't think that it's "DV" 

At his best last season, Hunt was frightening. He was up there with Gurley as the best RB in the league in the early stages of the season. Browns were already looking like potential dark horses for next year, this just goes to add to that.

I don’t think anyone will defend his actions, but if it was fact that the woman was being grossly racist to him then I can certainly understand his anger. It’s just I personally would have dealt with it a different way. 

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He didnt get busted for DV.  People really need to read the real stories more

I swept it under the DV heading since it was a woman and I think the NFL will treat it similarly. Yes, it's not actually DV. See my post above this one. 

Still doesn't change the spirit of my original post - dude hit a woman and will end up making more money out of it. 

1 minute ago, DerbyRam said:

At his best last season, Hunt was frightening. He was up there with Gurley as the best RB in the league in the early stages of the season. Browns were already looking like potential dark horses for next year, this just goes to add to that.

I don’t think anyone will defend his actions, but if it was fact that the woman was being grossly racist to him then I can certainly understand his anger. It’s just I personally would have dealt with it a different way. 

Ehh? No. 

Hunt has been a top 10 RB since entering the league and close to top 5 but nothing more.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm actually not sure if it'll be termed DV. Maybe just battery. Not sure if the NFL will simply sweep it under the DV heading and treat it that way since it was on a woman. But yeah, officially, I Don't think that it's "DV" 

It was my understanding that it was just some girl trying to party with them... now if he “knew her biblically” it’s a different story.

4 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Ehh? No. 

Hunt has been a top 10 RB since entering the league and close to top 5 but nothing more.

He led the league in rushing as a rookie and was third in yards per scrimmage. Despite missing 5 games due to being cut, since he came into the league, he’s 3rd in rushing yards and 5th in all purpose yards. There’s certainly an argument that based on talent alone, he’s a top 2 RB. 

Obviously, with Dorsey having drafted Hunt, being familiar with him and probably willing to trust his word, I understand the signing. Given the roster and all that, I will admit that it's a weird sort of signing though, especially given that it's only for a single year. I am not surprised he was signed by someone, I am a little surprised that it was only for a year though, as weird as that sounds. 

8 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Ehh? No. 

I can’t talk for previous seasons, but he was most definitely in the top 5 until he was banned/cut last season. 

Archived