The Browns have signed Kareem Hunt

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, Epyon said:

And it only cost you a Superbowl appearance, and likely win... while you all celebrate how much you love Tyreek Hill... So you know, there's that.

Tyreek Hill has done absolutely everything right to correct his mistake and is married to the woman he had an incident with. 

Of course we celebrate the guy... who doesn't love the story of a guy manning up and getting his **** together?

4 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

I'm sure their rising star RB they just drafted last year will be thrilled to hear this...

Very disappointed in the Browns. This is a new low.

😂😂😂😂 Chubb will still be the number one back, Hunt will be the 3rd down back. It’s Duke who might have something to worry about 

4 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Tyreek Hill has done absolutely everything right to correct his mistake and is married to the woman he had an incident with. 

Of course we celebrate the guy... who doesn't love the story of a guy manning up and getting his **** together?

And so (reportedly) has Hunt, since his dismissal from KC.... and yet legions of triggered outrage culture people are upset by this, despite it being an objectively less severe incident than what Hill did.

You people get so uppity over perceived PR problems, when the reality is it breaks down like this.... You gave up your shot at a superbowl, something your fans, and people in general would remember for years/decades, in order to get temporary relief from "bad press" on an issue that won't be a thing for more than a month after Hunt's league suspension ends next year, and already would have been a minor blip compared to the world shattering hype around Mahomes winning a ring in his first year as a starter

3 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

😂😂😂😂 Chubb will still be the number one back, Hunt will be the 3rd down back. It’s Duke who might have something to worry about 

If the Browns only use Hunt as a 3rd down back all hope in the franchise is lost. That would be a horrific decision.

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Eagles should have signed him. They need a workhorse.

For 'up to 1 million' probably means there are some game bonuses in there... every team in the league should have tried to get the guy at that rate. What a steal. 

Pretty much. I understand  the moral  uproar but from a Football perspective it makes perfect sense and would have for numerous  teams. Including the Browns!

Say what you will about Chubb and Duke and how well they played last season, Hunt was and is better!

Adding him to that backfield is absurd, from a "Football " perspective. Surrounding Baker  with more options is exactly what you do!.

What I do find amusing though is how quickly people forget and forgive. As if those who are mitching and complaining about him getting a 2nd opportunity  wouldn't jump or sprint at the chance of adding say a Tyreek Hill or Joe Mixon to their team ?

Please! 🙄 

44 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I'm positive I never compared them as people. I didn't even compare them as players other than saying I think Hunt has lined up at WR LIKE Kamara. 

As players, I do think they have very similar skill sets. I think Hunt is the better runner, and Kamara is the better receiver though. But hey, feel free to have a different opinion.

Nah, they really don't. Kamara is a modern day back who can split out wide. Hunt is a downhill runner, not a guy you can split out wide.

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

If the Browns only use Hunt as a 3rd down back all hope in the franchise is lost. That would be a horrific decision.

It would be a very Browns decision, so I expect it to happen.

I'd say Hunt is the #6 RB (tied with Kamara) behind Barkley, Bell, Zeke, Gurley, and David Johnson. Makes sense to only use him on 3rd down, aka the exact opposite of how Andy used him.

12 minutes ago, Epyon said:

And so (reportedly) has Hunt, since his dismissal from KC.... and yet legions of triggered outrage culture people are upset by this, despite it being an objectively less severe incident than what Hill did.

You people get so uppity over perceived PR problems, when the reality is it breaks down like this.... You gave up your shot at a superbowl, something your fans, and people in general would remember for years/decades, in order to get temporary relief from "bad press" on an issue that won't be a thing for more than a month after Hunt's league suspension ends next year, and already would have been a minor blip compared to the world shattering hype around Mahomes winning a ring in his first year as a starter

Look, the reason the Chiefs cut Hunt boils down to the fact that he lied to their faces repeatedly about the incident over the course of the season paired with the fact that he's the kind of guy who puts himself in these situations. He has some other incident the league is still investigating over an altercation at a night club.

Kansas City just decided he wasn't worth the headache and moved on. I don't think they thought he had a bad character or were overly concerned about the PC side of it.

And it's very likely he would've still been suspended throughout the playoffs even if they kept him, right?

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nah, they really don't. Kamara is a modern day back who can split out wide. Hunt is a downhill runner, not a guy you can split out wide.

You must not remember the first game he ever played in the NFL against NE opening night a few years ago. He lined up in the lot and ran a post route for 70 yards and a TD. 

The chiefs didn't line him up outside all that much because they had plenty of other weapons, but he absolutely has the skill set to be lined up wide.

Not as good as Kamara at lining up outside, but to be fair, @SWATcha stated so in his post

Hunt is a monster and was one from day one. He's got swagger, toughness, good receiving skills, is amazing at taking care of the ball, and punishes opposing defenses every chance he gets and never seems to get any injuries.

Everyone criticizing the Chiefs for letting him go just need to think of any public figure you know that got multiple chances to tell the truth about something and kept lying repeatedly before the truth got out. It leaves a stain in your memory that's hard to wash off.

33 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It would be a very Browns decision, so I expect it to happen.

I'd say Hunt is the #6 RB (tied with Kamara) behind Barkley, Bell, Zeke, Gurley, and David Johnson. Makes sense to only use him on 3rd down, aka the exact opposite of how Andy used him.

Chubb is a better runner than Hunt.

Archived