The Browns have signed Kareem Hunt

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean hey, it worked for Tyreke Hill and Joe Mixon. 

Either way as a Browns fan I just dont get it. We didnt need to take this sort of self prescribed PR hit after spending the past 12 months shedding that 'joke' label on the franchise. I also cant support a player who on numerous times if Im not mistaken committed domestic violence.

It more seems like Dorsey extending an olive branch to Hunt who he drafted to hopefully get his life back on track. Either way, this just didnt seem nessisary and basically pushed Duke straight out the door at the trade deadline when Hunt is eligible to return. Im not in favor of giving up Duke who has been a model pro through the tough times of losing to give a loser like Kareem Hunt his job.

You are way off on that second paragraph... This is the type of move that winning franchises make. 

Getting a top 5 RB for less than a million dollars is unbelievable value 

Being upset that you added a top 5 running back because you are worried about losing a glorified third down back is... backwards to say the least. 

Injuries DO happen you know 

Still not buying into us letting go of Duke, unless a team is willing to give us tremendous value in a trade.

Duke is more of a receiver than anything. Plus, Hunt will likely miss a significant portion of the season, and isn't signed here long-term. With Chubb already on the roster, I doubt we'd sign Hunt to an expensive long-term deal. All things considered, it just makes zero sense to trade Duke.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Still not buying into us letting go of Duke, unless a team is willing to give us tremendous value in a trade.

Duke is more of a receiver than anything. Plus, Hunt will likely miss a significant portion of the season, and isn't signed here long-term. With Chubb already on the roster, I doubt we'd sign Hunt to an expensive long-term deal. All things considered, it just makes zero sense to trade Duke.

Hunt is basically on a two yr deal. 1st year is $1m and the 2nd is his RFA.  His potential 2nd contract with the Browns could be very cost friendly with the team. 

Archived