The Browns have signed Kareem Hunt

49erurtaza

I’m always conflicted on an issue like this.

Do I think what he did was bad? Yes

Do I think people deserve to have second chances? Also, yes

Is it fair to criticize the team that signs him? Also, yes

Would I have wanted the Eagles to sign him? I would have felt icky about it, but I would have understood why they took the chance.

I think the same overall about the Browns signing him. I’m just glad I don’t have to feel that conflicted feeling while watching my team. 

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, the idea of having two fresh legged, stud running backs on rookie deals is senseless 

Hunt isn’t on a rookie deal. He is 1yr $1m+ who would be a RFA when it expires. So it’s better than a rookie deal for a RB of his abilities. 

Good on the Browns what Hunt did wasn't even that bad he shoved a girl who was being rowdy in the halls and wouldn't leave his apartment after prolonged arguing at like 3AM. At some point words aren't enough when the chick won't just leave. The girl didn't press charges or talk to any investigators because she didn't get hurt and was embarrassed for how she acted.

I'm happy the Chiefs cut him because he lied to us, but if the NFL gives Hunt any more than a few game suspension, they're cowards.

14 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, the idea of having two fresh legged, stud running backs on rookie deals is senseless 

not saying for browns, for him. if you can get a stud on a cheap deal, kudos. surprised there were 0 teams that didn't already have 2 studs that weren't afraid to sign him. 

19 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m always conflicted on an issue like this.

Do I think what he did was bad? Yes

Do I think people deserve to have second chances? Also, yes

Is it fair to criticize the team that signs him? Also, yes

Would I have wanted the Eagles to sign him? I would have felt icky about it, but I would have understood why they took the chance.

I think the same overall about the Browns signing him. I’m just glad I don’t have to feel that conflicted feeling while watching my team. 

At least if he signed for your team you'd have that jail in the stadium ready for him.

If he'd be allowed to share it with your fans 

I have watched the Browns sign and draft a bunch of choir boys for the last 20 years and then they play against guys who are given second chance after second chance by other organizations and then smack the Browns around. I’m fine with this. Someone was going to sign him so whatever. I’m sure the only regret the same Ben and Antonio Steeler apologists who bash this signing have is that they didn’t pick him up themselves.

I'm surprised nobody has asked about this yet, but what do you guys think is going to be the fantasy implications of this? Where would you draft Chubb and Hunt now in fantasy? Lot of uncertainty there in terms of how many games Hunt plays, how many touches he eats into Chubb's workload, and whether Hunt will even be as successful in the Browns system.

Eagles should have signed him. They need a workhorse.

For 'up to 1 million' probably means there are some game bonuses in there... every team in the league should have tried to get the guy at that rate. What a steal. 

Archived