Packers new slot receiver is ....

coachbuns

Just read an interesting article on the PackersWire website about Adam Humphries being somebody who should be looked at as the "new" Packer slot receiver.  I think the Packers should kick the tires on finding a quick, sure handed, blanket security type receiver to replace Cobb whether it be in free agency or through the draft.  I do like Humphries ... who else is out there in free agency or coming up in the draft that would fill this role?  Or, do we already have somebody on the roster to fill the position? 

Gotta imagine he's going to be too expensive.  Given his age and the fact that he was the most productive of current UFA WRs I think he's going to be next season's most expensive Free Agent WR (unless a really good boundry WR gets released).

38 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Man its crazy first a thread about the #12 and #30 picks as if there isnt a draft discussion board and now one about Humphries as if there isnt a Free Agency thread. Its official NFL off season is in full effect 

Someone wants to be a mod!!

But I can't see us paying real deal money in fa for our slot. I just don't see it at all.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Norm said:

Someone wants to be a mod!!

But I can't see us paying real deal money in fa for our slot. I just don't see it at all.

Hard pass. That would mean I can't make insulting posts to ignorant users and that's a highlight of my day sometimes :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

If we draft one I’d like AJ Brown or Andy Isabella

If we sign one I’d go with Crowder. 

Expect us to role with ESB though

Makes me a little nervous we are putting all our eggs in one basket regarding our receivers.  If we don't get any wr free agent, somebody better step up big time for not only the slot receiver spot but outside as well.  Hopeful wishing only goes so far in this world of what have you done for me lately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Makes me a little nervous we are putting all our eggs in one basket regarding our receivers.  If we don't get any wr free agent, somebody better step up big time for not only the slot receiver spot but outside as well.  Hopeful wishing only goes so far in this world of what have you done for me lately.

Think our WR's will be better in year 2 then they were in year 1. I mean our WR coach last year was put on blast and considered a fraud by Rodgers and co.