UPDATE: Edelman has complete ACL tear

Deadpulse

What happens to Edelman?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Does this spell the end of Edelman's Patriots career at age 31?

• No, he will recover and continue one
    • No, he will recover but never be the same
    • Yes, Patriots move on with no guaranteed money left on his contract
    • Yes, he will not fully recover and likely won't be productive

53 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This seems like the most logical solution.  As much as I love Edelman, his production is probably more replicable than any of the outside receivers, mainly because they retained Dola. Having Cooks, Mitchell, Hogan, Gronk, Allen, Dola, and the backs all still healthy doesn't lead me to worry about this much.

15 hours ago, biggbrd said:

Who else? Gronk's injury last year was certainly comparable to this... To be fair though, it was also kinda expected, whereas this one wasn't.

Edit: Rivers I guess. Hard to know how key an injury that is given he is a rookie, but fair dibs, we're pretty thin at the position which makes everything key!

It's a real bummer, I was excited to see what we could do with all of this offensive talent. To be fair, we still have a lot of offensive talent remaining, but Jules has been a fantastic, reliable contributor for a long time. As mentioned here and elsewhere too, his chemistry with Brady is enormous. Let's hope that Cooks has gotten himself up to speed and that he can help us all to forget about this. 

Jules seems to be an incredibly hard worker and 100% committed to the team. There's no doubt he'll work hard at his rehab and do his best to make it back to his previous levels of production, but a lot of his game is predicated on quick changes of direction and generally being shifty. It wouldn't be a surprise to see him comeback as a somewhat reduced version of himself after this. Definitely hoping for an Adrian Peterson type ACL recovery though, and I think Jules will work hard enough to make it a possibility.

I meant this time last year. Don't recall a big injury until Gronk, unless I'm mistaken.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Edelman can be replaced? Yes, I realize I say this with Edelman propaganda draped all over my persona but I even feel like he plays the position differently than Welker did or Amendola is capable of. It also seems like he's the pulse of the team.

I'm not saying the Patriots will struggle to move the ball at all but just that Edelman's role on the field is unique

Archived