Gentlemen, and presumabley no ladies, welcome to the 2nd not annual Chiaverni's

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

I miss Doesn'tBringUpOldShizTayne.

Well, to be fair, Takei's P.R. team f did what they could to make it sound like a blip that was a misquoting of an original event. It quietly got swept under the rug due to the help of a prominent journalist (who was writing a book involving Takei) while the truth of the story is the guy who made the accusation insists that Takei roofied him.

Takei got away with it, as a credible-sounding accuser was discredited (purposely?) by the journalist, which greatly helped Takei avoid being focused on in the public eye.  He didn't "pay his debt to society, so let's move on" yet IMO. And he's not a Brown, so it seems even harder to justify his trying to rape, methinks. He's just another Roethlisberger IMO, using his status to get away with sex crimes.

Good. Now everyone's caught up 😀.

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Well, to be fair, Takei's P.R. team f did what they could to make it sound like a blip that was a misquoting of an original event. It quietly got swept under the rug due to the help of a prominent journalist (who was writing a book involving Takei) while the truth of the story is the guy who made the accusation insists that Takei roofied him.

Takei got away with it, as a credible-sounding accuser was discredited (purposely?) by the journalist, which greatly helped Takei avoid being focused on in the public eye.  He didn't "pay his debt to society, so let's move on" yet IMO. And he's not a Brown, so it seems even harder to justify his trying to rape, methinks. He's just another Roethlisberger IMO, using his status to get away with sex crimes.

Good. Now everyone's caught up 😀.

Can we do a re-vote on the funniest poster award now? The thought of Takei roofying someone is hilarious and should be discussed in that manner. If it happened to be Bill Cosby he roofied, even better. If it was Tayne, then my apologies this isn't funny at all.

Does anyone remember Ted Williams, the homeless man with the golden voice, and one-time forum-wide avatar?

I ran into him tonight at Mikey's Late Night Slice in downtown Columbus. He's doing well, and looking dapper. Has a foundation to help the homeless. Figured you guys should know.

18 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Does anyone remember Ted Williams, the homeless man with the golden voice, and one-time forum-wide avatar?

I ran into him tonight at Mikey's Late Night Slice in downtown Columbus. He's doing well, and looking dapper. Has a foundation to help the homeless. Figured you guys should know.

Right on. Nice success story. Where I live, there is a large homeless population, most of which hooked on something. It's great when some people can rise back up from hard times.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Right on. Nice success story. Where I live, there is a large homeless population, most of which hooked on something. It's great when some people can rise back up from hard times.

+1

I work in Wheeling which has a population of about 27k and there are multiple shelters, 4 or 5 soup kitchens and a bus station where a lot of them come into the city because the city many years ago did it to a couple cities to rid their population so they sent more back and there was no choice but to set up places for them. Once that happens, some get advised that Wheeling has better accommodations than other local areas so while I'll head west or south if I were homeless because of weather we keep a large population. It was a shock to me when I moved to WV and started working there, especially seeing the ones that have mental issues arguing with no one walking down the street, but it is just common now. Feel bad for them, especially the ones that don't seem real capable of ever overcoming it and like to hear of any happy ending for them.

Archived