Mafia Mafia - Town Wins

Dome

Night 0:

@Dome and @Malfatron were walking down the street discussing the recent rise in violence in their neighborhood.

“I heard The Godfather shot an old lady when she missed a single ‘insurance’ payment!”
“I heard one of his Goons cut a man’s tongue out for talking to The Cop. He only called the police because someone stole his daughter’s bike!”
“Somebody’s gonna do something about it one of these nights, just you watch! My cousin is The Jailkeeper at the jail downtown, maybe he’ll be the first one to snap! I think he's got a taser!”
“It’ll be the beginning of the end for the Mafia… we’ll run them S-O-Bs right outta Town!”

“What was that?” A hulking figure with a hammer stepped out from an alleyway. “You wanna run me out of town?”

Dome shrieked as the Goon brought the hammer smashing down on his head. Dome is dead, he was a Townie!

Malf was able to escape!

All the Townsfolk ran out of their homes and a formed a mob, they were looking for revenge. A few members of the Mafia were among them and were trying to keep a low profile.

They all looked at each other. Ten of them stood in the street.

"Who did this?? Who killed poor, sweet, handsome, well hung, innocent Domey?"

They all looked at each other as @Malfatron began tying a noose. "We'll figure it out."

Day 1 has begun.

Night 1, Night 2, Night 3, Night 4 Links - 

Roles:

The Godfather

190px-M-godfather.png- When The Cop investigates you, he'll be told you're Town Aligned. You may carry out the Mafia's nightly factional Hit.

--------------------

Goon

190px-M-goon.png- You may carry out the Mafia's nightly factional Hit.

--------------------

The Cop

190px-T-cop.png- Each night you may investigate one player, you'll find out if they're Town Aligned or Mafia Aligned.

--------------------

The Jailkeeper

190px-T-jailkeeper.png- Each night you may throw one player in a jail cell. Any moves they try to make and any moves made on them will fail.

--------------------

The Backup
- If The Cop or The Jailkeeper dies D1 or N1, you'll take over their role. 

--------------------

5 Vanilla Townies

190px-T-vanilla.png

You have no ability. Read what other players have to say and use your vote to eliminate Mafia Aligned players.

Win Condition: You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Rookie Tip: Remember as a Vanilla Townie that part of your job is keeping your Power Roles (Cop, Jailkeeper, Backup) concealed and safe. Outing yourself as a Townie might make Mafia ignore you at night when selecting their hit, as you're a small threat to them. But it could also paint a target on your Cop or Jail Keepers back insead!

If you’re still reading it means you’re interested. Go ahead and sign up now. Don’t even think, just do it. Then come back and read this.

What is Mafia?: The idea behind Mafia is simple, two teams (Mafia Aligned vs Town Aligned) try to eliminate the other from the game in violent fashion.

Town Aligned players know only their own role and can only talk in the game thread. Their goal is to eliminate the entire Mafia, they must use their vote each day to reach this goal. Their votes will represent a lynch-mob of sorts and the leader at the deadline will be eliminated (Mafia terminology is "lynched").

Mafia Aligned players will be using their votes in an attempt push a Townie to the gallows instead because their Mafia family makes up a rather small minority of the game's players (roughly 20-25%) and they can't afford to lose any more members. Their goal is to eliminate enough Town Aligned players to control at least half of the votes in the game. Mafia players know each other’s identities and are allowed to talk in a private chat room to coordinate their efforts. Additionally, Mafia has the ability to eliminate one player of their choosing each night.

If you want to play, just post something in the thread that would clue me in to that!

How to Play: To start the game, I’ll PM everyone their role. If you don’t have a Role PM from me it means the game hasn’t officially started yet. 

The game consists of two phases, Day and Night. During the Day you use the thread to discuss amongst yourselves which player(s) might be Mafia and cast votes to lynch one person that Night (To vote you just have to bold a players name).

At the start of the Night phase votes will be tallied and the leading voter will be lynched (removed from the game). Some players, both Town and Mafia Aligned, will have abilities to use on other players during the Night phase. After those moves are sent in there will be a Night Writeup to announce any additional deaths. Then the next Day phase will begin.

Game Cycle & Move Order(For Reference):

1. Day Phase (Players vote for who to lynch that night)
  2. Day Ends (Votes are tallied as players finalize their night moves, the leading lynch candidate is announced and the player’s role and alignment is revealed*, there is no more talking until the next Day phase once the Lynch reval happens )
  3. Night Phase (I’ll allow 5 minutes after the Lynch reveal for players to change moves if they need to and then I’ll post the Night Writeup)
  4. Night Ends (The deadline for the next Night phase is announced, the next Day phase begins and players are allowed to post again)

3 Big Rules (Definitely read these):
Any violations of the first 2 rules will result in your elimination from the game. You’ll be given one warning about Rule 3.

1. Do not discuss the game outside of this thread unless given permission by me to do so in your Role PM. (Your Role PM tells you what your name, alignment and abilities are)
  2. Do not post copy and paste anything that I send you. Do not post a screenshot of anything that I send you.
  3. Do not skip a Night move if you have one, and do not reach a Night deadline without casting a vote that Day.
    1. You can send in moves early and change them as often as you want up to the voting deadline. So there’s usually about a 23-hour window to get your move and vote  in each day, but more interaction with that is preferred.

Other Rules (Read these or don’t, but at least pretend you did):

1. Do not edit posts once you’ve received your role!
    1. The first time you edit a post you’ll receive a warning and your vote will be silenced for that day.
    2. The second time you edit a post you’ll only be allowed to like posts, as well as having your vote silenced again.
    3. The third time you edit a post you’ll be eliminated from the game.
  2. No talking after the lynch vote leader's role and alignment is announced.
    1. There will be a brief 2 minute grace period for players typing a response as I post the results.
  3. If Lynch voting ends in a tie we will have a 15 minute overtime.  (10pm Night deadline = 10:15pm OT Deadline)
    1. You may continue to vote for any player, not just the players tied for the lead.
    2. ALL Night Moves will be do promptly at the conclusion 15 minute overtime
    3. If there is a second tie after the 15 minutes there will be no lynch and the next Day phase will begin
  4. If you are lynched or killed at night you may make one final “Good Game” post. Please do not include any game related information in your farewell post.

Archived