Texans to release WR Demaryius Thomas

RaidersAreOne

A foregone conclusion - the ankle injury is a nightmare to recover from, and the money isn't justified (even without the injury).

All reports said Thomas was a great teammate and hard worker. His tenure with the Texans' was short, but you always hate to see good guys lose out due to injury.

That sucks to hear. After starting his career blowing his achilles his rookie campaign hes had one helluva run. He was already losing his explosive downfield speed and this injury will surely cement that it will probably never be there again.

I think he could be a great contributor on a established team and work out of the slot as almost a glorified TE.. Him on the Saints catching all of those timing routes from Brees underneath could be a really good fit. Plus they would get a true RZ weapon out of it. 

5 minutes ago, HailToTheVictors+Redskins said:

I thought you couldn't get cut if you were hurt? I remember seeing something about the Redskins not being able to cut Alex Smith eventually (even a few years from now) if you aren't medically cleared.

Pretty sure they can come to an injury settlement

Loved this guy when he was young. He came out when I was in high school and it's a sad reminder of time passing me by.

4.38 forty at 6 ft 3

Thanks for years of good service DT. Hope you can end up somewhere and be a locker room presence going down the stretch.

Archived