NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

51 minutes ago, typecast said:

If I'm John Lynch, I would want to make sure that Bosa isn't going to feel like he's forced to play for the 49ers and will leave the first opportunity he gets. I'd much rather he pull an Eli Manning and say he doesn't want to play for SF if he really believes his conservatism is going to be an issue.

Good point. From the 49ers perspective, they could be looking at potential locker room issues & media/coverage issues, and finally- a player who doesn't really want to be there for the present or future. Doesn't seem like a great pairing. 

12 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Good point. From the 49ers perspective, they could be looking at potential locker room issues & media/coverage issues, and finally- a player who doesn't really want to be there for the present or future. Doesn't seem like a great pairing. 

He's not telling them he doesn't want to play for them at this point in time, so it's not really material. If he did, it'd be a much bigger stink than that and there's nothing to suggest that he doesn't want to be in SF. Disparate political views are in every locker room. Weird how this started as an innocuous question on whether his politics would play a role in his selection, and now we've  somehow gone from A to B to C to Q and it's not a great pairing. 

• Like 2

Bosa tweets make it pretty clear how he feels about a particular group of people. The fact that the league is predominantly filled with that group makes for potential issues especially since he’s not remorseful for his tweets and he’s just stopping them because he “might go to San Francisco” there’s clearly something there that most will let slide because he’ll get 10 sacks.

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Bosa tweets make it pretty clear how he feels about a particular group of people. The fact that the league is predominantly filled with that group makes for potential issues especially since he’s not remorseful for his tweets and he’s just stopping them because he “might go to San Francisco” there’s clearly something there that most will let slide because he’ll get 10 sacks.

Honestly, just the way the NFL works. Doesn't matter how you, I or anyone else on this forum view it (the tweets I mean).  History hasn't shown it to majorly impact draft position. Josh Allen's tweets last year didn't affect him. Josh Rosen's political leanings were well documented and he put them out there for everyone to see and he still went top 10. If the niners are scared off by it, any of a number of other teams won't be, and he'll still go in the top 4. 

I would personally say some of the stuff Bosa tweeted about is well outside the range of "acceptable political positions to hold within a polite, tolerant, mutualistic society."  Now it's entirely possible he was just being a dumb kid, but it certainly gives me pause.  I mean, lots of people were dumb kids at some point in college (including a good portion of every draft) but most avoid going that far where there is a public record.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would personally say some of the stuff Bosa tweeted about is well outside the range of "acceptable political positions to hold within a polite, tolerant, mutualistic society."  Now it's entirely possible he was just being a dumb kid, but it certainly gives me pause.  I mean, lots of people were dumb kids at some point in college (including a good portion of every draft) but most avoid going that far where there is a public record.

While I agree with the idea that it won't scare teams away from him, I could see it making a team choose Williams or Allen over him if they have them graded similarly.

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, just the way the NFL works. Doesn't matter how you, I or anyone else on this forum view it (the tweets I mean).  History hasn't shown it to majorly impact draft position. Josh Allen's tweets last year didn't affect him. Josh Rosen's political leanings were well documented and he put them out there for everyone to see and he still went top 10. If the niners are scared off by it, any of a number of other teams won't be, and he'll still go in the top 4. 

I agree with you 100%. Someone will pick him and most likely it will be brushed aside in the long run. 

• Like 1

Just a friendly reminder (and no, this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but definitely something I need to address as mod in this forum): 

The question on whether or not Bosa's political views / tweets could adversely impact his draft position is a valid football question, in my opinion, which is why I'm okay with this line of questioning for the time being and have engaged myself. But please keep in mind that this is straddling a no-no line for this forum. Let's keep the talk clean and strictly football / draft position related. We shouldn't go into our own beliefs on the tweet subject matter, any sub text that can be theorized about or anything like that. We are talking strictly draft position and football related here. 

Finally, if we cross that line, and I tell everyone to shut it down and cease the conversation, I expect that to happen. 

Thanks all. Lets keep it clean. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

He's not telling them he doesn't want to play for them at this point in time, so it's not really material. If he did, it'd be a much bigger stink than that and there's nothing to suggest that he doesn't want to be in SF. Disparate political views are in every locker room. Weird how this started as an innocuous question on whether his politics would play a role in his selection, and now we've  somehow gone from A to B to C to Q and it's not a great pairing. 

lol It isn't going from C to Q. It's obvious Bosa doesn't like "snow". So it's reasonable to assume he doesn't prefer to go somewhere where it "snows" year round. And once his first contract is up, he might be motivated to leave more than a team investing a Top 5 pick should be comfortable with. I first heard about his comments on NFLN when Cam Jordan took a shot at them in a segment talking about the EDGE players he liked in the class. And I'm sure if Nick wins DROY, there will be a good number of players not clapping at the announcement. Now will his beliefs "destroy" a locker room? Of course not. Those beliefs are a lit match though, and the 2020 elections are going to pour gasoline over every aspect of the country. With an area/media that's already highly flammable in SF, and NFL players in general becoming more and more active in politics- it's an aspect to the Nick Bosa - SF pairing that must be accounted for.

NFL clubs don't want distractions, big or small. If Bosa represents a greater chance at them- even slightly, and or your FO believes he may never feel a strong sense of connection to the city/team. It will be factored in. Now if Nick is pacing the rest of SF's board handily, they will just pick him no questions. If he's similarly ranked to another Top 5 player though, that's when they bust out the micro filters on players.

Nick Bosa supports Tiger Woods y'all.

I just strolled down his Twitter and most of it is retweeting black people. Tiger, Strahan, Usain Bolt, Haskins other people I don't know. 

Just cause you support Trump (and don't like Beyonce or Black Panther) doesn't make you a racist lol.

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 4

Yep, let's end this Bosa discussion. I was hoping that we could avoid certain aspects of the conversation, but I don't think that is going to happen, so best to move on. There are plenty of options to choose from out there with the draft getting closer.