NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

26 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Right. Guard and center are far more pressing. Noteboom > Brian Allen as a player, we don't even have a void at tackle yet, and center is arguably the most important O-Line position. 

Kromer and McVay like Allen so you likely will have to get over it. As for Guard we don’t need to spend a first round pick on that. What they’ll likely do is draft a mid round guy. Give him lots of preseason snaps and first team reps during the season and start him in 200, which is exactly what they did with Allen and Noteboom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Rams have their LT of the future in Joe Noteboom and our RT just signed an extension last year. Not saying we won’t take a tackle or a gift if it falls to us but the need isn’t there right now.

Was just reading that they're going to play him at LG. 

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Was just reading that they're going to play him at LG. 

This year and their plan is to kick him to LT next year after Whit retires. He played at both this past preseason and when Whit went down in a game Noteboom stepped into LT and was great. He's our LT of the future according to McVay and Kromer. 

• Like 1

It would seem like having a couple of 3rds would be a sweet spot to add to the OG position for the Rams.

I think if Bradburry fell to them that it might be enticing, but I think there are areas on defense that could use the 31st pick and that will be harder to address at 94.

4 hours ago, tom cody said:

Yeah, there's always a person projected in the later rounds that goes in Round 1, wonder who that'll be this year. 

Most jaw dropping one I can remember was the Jags taking Tyson Alualu at like... 10th overall.

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

This year and their plan is to kick him to LT next year after Whit retires. He played at both this past preseason and when Whit went down in a game Noteboom stepped into LT and was great. He's our LT of the future according to McVay and Kromer. 

I'm fairly certain the Rams are probably in a very similar situation to the Eagles when it comes to the LT position in that we have someone who we believe could do the job, not necessarily now but in the future. Will take a guy if one of the top 3 happens to tumble to them, but certainly don't want to reach on a 2nd round level guy in the first.

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Kromer and McVay like Allen so you likely will have to get over it. As for Guard we don’t need to spend a first round pick on that. What they’ll likely do is draft a mid round guy. Give him lots of preseason snaps and first team reps during the season and start him in 200, which is exactly what they did with Allen and Noteboom.

I know, man, I know. If it's any consolation, Allen has all the non-athletic traits that I covet - he's a finisher, high football IQ, good character. 

I wish they could get a stud ILB in the first, but they can't. Kiser could probably start, though. Really liked both Kiser and Obo as picks last year, thought they were good values.

It would be really interesting if the Rams swung on a guy like Carl Granderson late in the draft to potentially take over as a good edge rusher in the future, with high character guys like Clay and Weddle in the fold.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bomont said:

Bey wasn't quite as bad, he was considered a high WR prospect at least; Alulu was one where everyone looked at each other going "???" in total disbelief, and only Jags fans weren't laughing their butts off.

I remember Ponder being a giant wat from everybody.

1 hour ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Yeah that was a shocker for sure, Heyward-Bey comes to mind as well.  

I mean to be fair. A lot of people actually joked before the draft that the Raiders would do it even though most saw DHB as a late first-early second. But the jokes were right.

If Rosen is traded to Washington I honestly see Haskins falling to at least 24 and possibly even out of the 1st Round. I just don’t see the Giants, Broncos, Bengals, or Dolphins pulling the trigger in the 1st. 

If the Redskins don’t get Rosen? Yes absolutely Haskins is the pick at 15. But I think they will get Rosen.