NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

The thing that really pisses me off about Casserly and the Kyler Murray situation is that Casserly offers NFL prospects interview prep classes for a price.  Then he comes out and says the highest profile prospect, who happened not to take his class, interviewed poorly.  That certainly looks like conflict of interest, if not just shady as hell.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Looks like someone is trying to drive down the Rosen price by feeding Casserly some disinfo

Are we positive that Casserly just hasn't been moonlighting with Jim Irsay?

That said, Casserly's claim to fame QB's drafted are David Carr (with the #1 overall pick and put behind a sieve of an OL) and Heath Shuler.  Not exactly making a case for Charlie being a great QB eval guy.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2019 at 10:19 AM, The LBC said:

Except that the mobility isn't even a medium sized quality that the scheme requires or even asks for.  Mahomes' running at Texas tech was minimal - they certainly weren't designed runs.  It was when he got into Reid's WCO that his mobility was more utilized.  Meanwhile, Baker aside (and even he  still wasn't rushing for ++ yards in the Air Raid and Baker's peak wasn't as much under Kingsbury as under Mike Leach - Kingsbury's mentor), the Kingsbury QB's  beyond  Mahomes have been Davis Webb, Case Keenum, Johnny Manziel (as a freshman), and Mike Brewer.

The only way that Murray "fits the system" better than Rosen is that he has one year of practical experience running the system, whereas Rosen has always run a pro-style offense (and then whatever the hell grade school system Mike McCoy runs).

I don't recall more than 5 designated runs for Mahomes all season...

His runs were always offscript like his Texas tech days, and he would frequently give the ball away when they went zone read .

Edited by Chiefer

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I don't recall more than 5 designated runs for Mahomes all season...

His runs were always offscript like his Texas tech days, and he would frequently give the ball away when they went zone read .

That's kind of my point.  I think a lot of people are trying to build up Murray as the better fit out of this assumption that Kingsbury's scheme has more of these RPO's or designed QB runs in them - and it doesn't.  When Mahomes had rushing gains they were (all, IIRC) improvised/on-the-fly instances where he was forced from the pocket and just saw a window to the line to gain and went.

40 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Nope, I'm basing it on the lack of max protect. The QB needs to be mobile in order to stay out of trouble and let the play develop. Rosen doesn't have that ability. He's a bit slow.

Watch T Tech games often, being a Sooner fan.

It would be more exciting but I’m not sure the more mobile QB is a better fit.  The better QB is the better fit.  

I’m sure Kliff could blend in a lot of stuff Riley did to ease the transition but that was a super friendly offense for QB’s in that conference.  Mahomes and Mayfield had a lot more experience than Murray.  You’d need a stop gap vet to start if you take Murray.

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

That's kind of my point.  I think a lot of people are trying to build up Murray as the better fit out of this assumption that Kingsbury's scheme has more of these RPO's or designed QB runs in them - and it doesn't.  When Mahomes had rushing gains they were (all, IIRC) improvised/on-the-fly instances where he was forced from the pocket and just saw a window to the line to gain and went.

Yeah basing an offense around a runnibg QB in the NFL hasn't ever worked.

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah basing an offense around a runnibg QB in the NFL hasn't ever worked.

I don't think you'd need to really base an offense for Murray around his rushing ability. I think he's certainly proven that he's first and foremost a passer. I think he could be successful with Kingsbury. 

I think Kyler is a better fit for Arizona because of his mobility because of how god-awful Arizona's offensive line is. Rosen doesn't have the mobility to offset those concerns that Kyler does.

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't buy it, they will be after Haskins after the draft process is over.

Hard time believing we actually pass up on Bosa unless we trade for someone like Dee Ford. 

Yeah, I see Bosa as the pick. The 49ers have a logjam at DT. Both Thomas and Armstead seem more like DTs than ends, but there are two of then and only one DT spot next to Buckner. That said, anything could happen. 

I have Q as my top prospect again after diving back into tape.