NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

14 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

I can see the Jets taking Cody Ford. The league apparently is higher on him than the national media is. He fits the mentality they need up front and has the skills to maximize a running back like Le'Veon Bell. The Jets would also be smart to build up their offense first around Darnold. Gets long-term pieces around him set and then search for more defensive talent. The Jets aren't realistically ready to compete yet. Get it built up right and get set up for a run a year or two from now. 

Cody Ford at 3 is insane. I'm higher on him than most too but he is not a top 3 player in this draft. A stud edge rusher is way more valuable than a right tackle (btw we already have a good one in Brandon Shell). And I disagree that we aren't ready to compete yet, we're a piece or two away from being a wild card team this year.

Every team was present at Oklahoma's pro day, and a lot of them don't need a QB. Cody Ford being the Jets pick at 3 would blow me away, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

The Giants spent an incredible amount of time with Kyler Murray at his pro day, so much so they made him late for his presser. Then news came out they have inquired about Rosen. I think the Giants are trying to get a feel for what the Cardinals are going to do at 1. With the most recent rumors that they aren't high on Haskins, it could be between a trade up for Murray or a trade for Rosen.

22 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Anyone else feel like the top 10 is unusually up in the air at this point in the process?  By my count there's a bunch of guys who could go top 5, or they could slip into the teens and neither would be surprising.

Not really, no.  Arizona has been linked to Kyler Murray extensively, and until we hear something a bit more definitive that's still going to be there.  New York is almost assuredly getting a QB in the first round this year whether it be at 6 or another spot.  San Francisco is either taking Quinnen Williams or Nick Bosa.  Oakland likely takes a pass rusher at 4.  Denver will take Devin White.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

I can see the Jets taking Cody Ford. The league apparently is higher on him than the national media is. He fits the mentality they need up front and has the skills to maximize a running back like Le'Veon Bell. The Jets would also be smart to build up their offense first around Darnold. Gets long-term pieces around him set and then search for more defensive talent. The Jets aren't realistically ready to compete yet. Get it built up right and get set up for a run a year or two from now. 

I'd probably expect to see them swap pick with the Giants who go up to get their QBOTF.  And I think it's more likely they grab a WR than they grab an OT in a trade down scenario.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd probably expect to see them swap pick with the Giants who go up to get their QBOTF.  And I think it's more likely they grab a WR than they grab an OT in a trade down scenario.

We still badly need an edge rusher. We got burned by Barr and only have Jordan Jenkins going into the draft and no second round pick.

34 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not really, no.  Arizona has been linked to Kyler Murray extensively, and until we hear something a bit more definitive that's still going to be there.  New York is almost assuredly getting a QB in the first round this year whether it be at 6 or another spot.  San Francisco is either taking Quinnen Williams or Nick Bosa.  Oakland likely takes a pass rusher at 4.  Denver will take Drew Lock

FTFY

Just now, CWood21 said:

Denver is taking Devin White, you can pencil it in now.  More likely see Denver trade back into the first round if Lock is available than it is of them taking him at 10.

Devin White is not even going to be there at ten, IMO. We need a young QB desperately and there are a few off ball LBs that we can target on day 2.

• Like 1

Just now, BroncoSojia said:

Devin White is not even going to be there at ten, IMO. We need a young QB desperately and there are a few off ball LBs that we can target on day 2.

Maybe Oakland at 4 or Tampa Bay at 5 take a look at them, but I'd venture a strong guess that Fangio is getting his MIKE early.

43 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Apparently Giants don’t want Haskins 

If that’s the case there is no hope for them 

idk what is going on there 

I posted it last year that passing on Darnold was the worst move in the last decade. Passing on Haskins would just be awful

Unless they like another QB better?

51 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Apparently Giants don’t want Haskins 

If that’s the case there is no hope for them 

idk what is going on there 

I posted it last year that passing on Darnold was the worst move in the last decade. Passing on Haskins would just be awful

There has been a lot of talk about the Giants not drafting a QB early. It doesn't line up with how the OU pro day went down. We'll see what happens at OSUs pro day next Wednesday.

8 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Cody Ford at 3 is insane. I'm higher on him than most too but he is not a top 3 player in this draft. A stud edge rusher is way more valuable than a right tackle (btw we already have a good one in Brandon Shell). And I disagree that we aren't ready to compete yet, we're a piece or two away from being a wild card team this year.

I wouldn't take him there over Josh Allen, but I could see it. And, the Jets would be smart to not get ahead of themselves. You have a super young QB and a new head coach. It's going to take a minute to actually compete. 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think all this Giants not wanting Haskins is ALL SMOKE

I think they just want to make sure no one jumps them at 6

give that idea they don’t want him that’s what I’d do too. They can’t  be that dumb 

Yeah it’s definitely smoke