NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, N4L said:

PACKERS TRADED UP hahahha 

DOES TED THOMPSON KNOW? 

@CWood21

:D

TT has early stage memory loss, my friend. This is per the GB board. I'm not quoting the medical condition, nor should any of us. They are trying to induct him in the Packer hall of fame before he doesn't know what's going on; this is not a joke. Read up and try not to be such a schmuck.

Edited by dulatows

17 minutes ago, dulatows said:

TT has early stage memory loss, my friend. This is per the GB board. I'm not quoting the medical condition, nor should any of us. They are trying to induct him in the Packer hall of fame before he doesn't know what's going on; this is not a joke. Read up and try not to be such a schmuck.

thank you for joining the conversation, allow me to let you in on my post: 

On 4/22/2019 at 10:22 PM, N4L said:
On 4/22/2019 at 8:25 PM, CWood21 said:

There's a 0% chance this happens.  They're not trading up, and certainly not trading up for an ILB.  Since Ted Thompson has taken over, the Packers have never traded up for their natural first round selection.  And they've only used 2 pick on non-premium positions.

I cant help but LOL everytime I see a packers fan say this, knowing that Ted Thompson isnt their GM anymore.

I mean, they probably wont trade up considering they have two FRPs and its a pretty deep draft, but acting like they would never because their former GM never did just makes me laugh.

In fact, Id argue that Gute deliberately went out of his way last year to do something that Thompson never did, which was spend money on a FA... the only problem was he did it for a washed up Jimmy Graham (who was never all that talented anyways imo just happened to be tall and able to catch and played in the perfect offense with the most accurate QB of all time in Brees)

Teams who feel like they should be competing for SBs might try and go get a guy they like. I dont anticipate them trading up with their initial first round pick, but I could absolutely see a scenario where they move up from #30 a few spots after there is a run on a certain position, especially considering that a lot of people think this draft is deep in the middle rounds and are therefore more willing to move back initially for 'less than market value' that still nets them a nice mid round pick. 

Its just funny as hell and now one of the things I'm rooting to see on Thursday (a packers trade up).

The comment had nothing to do with TT's medical condition and everything to do with the fact that Cwood said the packers dont trade up. To be fair, he later backtracked and said that its possible the packers trade up from #30, after claiming there was a 0% chance they trade up (He was originally referencing  a mock where the packers traded up to #7 for a LB, but the fact remains he said they would never trade up)

@CWood21 is a poster that I respect and I was just having a little fun with him. No need to call me a schmuck @dulatows. Dont be so sensitive, sheesh 

Edited by N4L

Just now, N4L said:

thank you for joining the conversation, allow me to let you in on my post: 

The comment had nothing to do with TT's medical condition and everything to do with the fact that Cwood said the packers dont trade up. To be fair, he later backtracked and said that its possible the packers trade up from #30, after claiming there was a 0% chance they trade up (He was originally referencing the fact that there was a mock where the packers traded up to #7 for a LB, but the fact remains he said they would never trade up)

@CWood21 is a poster that I respect and I was just having a little fun with him. No need to call me a schmuck @dulatows. Dont be so sensitive, sheesh 

I love it when single guys who cant keep down a job use the work sensitive.

Fair enough to bring me in. Not fair to bring in TT. You should know. So should everyone who is a rookie in sportsball.

11 minutes ago, dulatows said:

I love it when single guys who cant keep down a job use the work sensitive.

Fair enough to bring me in. Not fair to bring in TT. You should know. So should everyone who is a rookie in sportsball.

The joke isn’t about Ted Thompson’s medical condition. The joke is that once Ted finds out the Packers traded up, he’ll go nuts (since, according the CWood, the Packers never trade up - especially in the Thompson era). 

Lest I risk being a single, unemployed male my entire life - no need to be so sensitive.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The joke isn’t about Ted Thompson’s medical condition. The joke is that once Ted finds out the Packers traded up, he’ll go nuts (since, according the CWood, the Packers never trade up - especially in the Thompson era). 

Lest I risk being a single, unemployed male my entire life - no need to be so sensitive.

Emotion doesn't project success. When you project another as being sensitive, it's like saying, "I would never lie about x, therefore...". Let it go, focus on what's in front of you, not what's behind.

I happened to know several members of the GB board, so maybe that makes me "sensitive" for the board to pick up on. Regardless, lets all consider the defense in better shape despite spending more than what we'd like on a FS and an unproven 5 tech. Gary will be an interesting case study. He has dyslexia, but he's not dumb. Great player in a "hold the fort" role for Michigan; stats can only go up. 

Edited by dulatows
  • Like 1

Players left on my board:-

8. Hakeem Butler [ WR ] Iowa State

13. Jawaan Taylor [ OT ] Florida

18. D.K. Metcalf [ WR ] Mississippi

19. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson [ S ] Florida

21. Cody Ford [ OT ] Oklahoma

23. Dalton Risner [ OT ] Kansas State

27. Nasir Adderley [ S ] Delaware

28. David Montgomery [ RB ] Iowa State

29. A.J. Brown [ WR ] Mississippi

33. Deebo Samuel [ WR ] South Carolina

34. Byron Murphy [ CB ] Washington

37. Chase Winovich [ EDGE ] Michigan

39. Erik McCoy [ C ] Texas A & M

40. Michael Deiter [ OG ] Wisconsin

41. Terry McLaurin [ WR ] Ohio State

42. Darrell Henderson [ RB ] Memphis

43. Stanley Morgan [ WR ] Nebraska

44. Jace Sternberger [ TE ] Texas A&M

46. Greg Little [ OT ] Mississippi

48. Amani Oruwariye [ CB ] Penn State

49. Greedy Williams [ CB ] LSU

50. Diontae Johnson [ WR ] Toledo

51. Rock Ya-Sin [ CB ] Temple

52. Parris Campbell [ WR ] Ohio State

53. Elgton Jenkins [ OC ] Mississippi State

54. Connor McGovern [ OG ] Penn State

55. Rodney Anderson [ RB ] Oklahoma

56. Drew Lock [ QB ] Missouri

57. Christian Miller [ EDGE ] Alabama

58. Kelvin Harmon [ WR ] NC State

59. Irvin Smith [ TE ] Alabama

60. Mack Wilson [ LB ] Alabama

61. Charles Omenihu [ DL ] Texas

62. Justin Layne [ CB ] Michigan State

63. Dre'Mont Jones [ DT ] Ohio State

64. Zach Allen [ EDGE ] Boston College

65. Riley Ridley [ WR ] Georgia

66. Johnathan Abram [ S ] Mississippi State

67. Khalen Saunders [ DT ] Western Illinois

68. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside [ WR ] Stanford

69. Taylor Rapp [ S ] Washington

70. Juan Thornhill [ S ] Virginia

71. Ben Powers [ OG ] Oklahoma

72. Jaylon Ferguson [ EDGE ] LA Tech

73. Renell Wren [ DT ] Arizona State

74. Anthony Nelson [ EDGE ] Iowa

75. Justice Hill [ RB ] Oklahoma State

76. Andy Isabella [ WR ] Umass

77. Kahale Warring [ TE ] San Diego State

78. Phil Haynes [ OG ] Wake Forrest

79. Damien Harris [ RB ] Alabama

80. Devin Singletary [ RB ] FAU

81. Hunter Renfrow [ WR ] Clemson

82. Penny Hart [ WR ] Georgia State

84. Miles Sanders [ RB ] Penn State

85. Jakobi Meyers [ WR ] NC State

86. Emmanuel Hall [ WR ] Missouri

87. Miles Boykin [ WR ] Notre Dame

88. Daylon Mack [ DT ] Texas & M

89. Gary Jennings Jr [ WR ] West Virginia

90. Dawson Knox [ TE ] Mississippi

91. KeeSean Johnson [ WR ] Fresno State

92. James Williams [ RB ] Washington State

93. Joejuan Williams [ CB ] Vanderbilt

94. David Long [ CB ] Michigan

95. Amani Hooker [ S ] Iowa

96. Sean Bunting [ CB ] Central Michigan

97. Michael Dogbe [ DT ] Temple

98. Trysten Hill [ DT ] UCF

99. Armon Watts [ DT ] Arkansas

100. Cortez Broughton [ DT ] Cincinnati

7 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Weird why there are so many rules about what the fabled franchise always does when they're always breaking them. 

I mean, the rule was 5104 and it was for cornerbacks, anyway.  Savage clears it by 1/4".

It's not really that complicated, Green Bay (like a bunch of other teams) is a SPARQ-centric organization; size is part of that.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, the rule was 5104 and it was for cornerbacks, anyway.  Savage clears it by 1/4".

It's not really that complicated, Green Bay (like a bunch of other teams) is a SPARQ-centric organization; size is part of that.

Never mind - I’m only playing around man

Edited by goldfishwars
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dulatows said:

I love it when single guys who cant keep down a job use the word sensitive.

From one sportsball veteran to the next: don't listen to the others; you're perfect. 

Edited by NudeTayne