NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

18 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Anyone have any news on what the Colts would do for the draft? Team did great last year, got to think they'll use the draft to plug some holes in order to take the next step on their way back to being a great team. 

my guess is they eye edge or receiver in the 1st round

4 hours ago, tom cody said:

Anyone have any news on what the Colts would do for the draft? Team did great last year, got to think they'll use the draft to plug some holes in order to take the next step on their way back to being a great team. 

I wouldn’t be shocked to see both on the DL. Maybe an EDGE and Tillery. I could also see a WR at 34. 

11 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Darnold is bad tho. Like he had two good games against Green Bay and Denver. Any other defense he played held him under 55% and made him throw 11-16 TD:Int. Sam Darnold is bad and unless someone helps he won’t magically become an accurate QB. I never believed the hype behind him. And before you say it was better to try with him, Barkley still won ROTY playing behind the worst or second worst O-Line in football. 

I agree with everything you said except the bolded. You can't compare rookie seasons between a rb and a QB. 

Darnold turns the ball over too much. It's a huge problem. He throws interceptions and fumbles the ball. It's been this way for a few years now. He has some really bad habits. 

With that being said, I hope you realize that a rookie QB being bad now, doesn't mean that he will always be bad. If he can play within the confines of the new offense, and makes safer, higher percentage throws, then it will make him look like a completely new guy. He has some arm talent imo 

The jets didn't draft him for what he does in year one, they did it for years 3-10 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, N4L said:

I agree with everything you said except the bolded. You can't compare rookie seasons between a rb and a QB. 

Darnold turns the ball over too much. It's a huge problem. He throws interceptions and fumbles the ball. It's been this way for a few years now. He has some really bad habits. 

With that being said, I hope you realize that a rookie QB being bad now, doesn't mean that he will always be bad. If he can play within the confines of the new offense, and makes safer, higher percentage throws, then it will make him look like a completely new guy. He has some arm talent imo 

The jets didn't draft him for what he does in year one, they did it for years 3-10 

Exactly. 

Darnold did much better than most people think. He progressively got better through the year and when he came back from his injury the last few games, he was one of the top QBs in the league. 

Comparing Darnold to Barkley is moronic, however if Yogi wants to talk about the Oline Barkley ran behind? He has to acknowledge the entire offense Darnold had to operate with. 

In 2-3 games for Darnold his WRs were

Andre Roberts, Rishard Matthews, Deontay Burnett, and Charone Peake. All 5 wouldn't even make most NFL teams, and Matthew's and Burnett were in season FA signings. 

His RBs? Elijah McGuire and Trenton Cannon after Powell was out and Crowell stunk it up, neither would be on most NFL teams. 

Add in a top 5 atrocious OL and easily the worst center situation in the league and he STILL managed to win a handful of games is nothing short of a miracle. 

5 minutes ago, Johntyler82 said:

Darnold did much better than most people think. He progressively got better through the year and when he came back from his injury the last few games, he was one of the top QBs in the league. 

No, I think people have his season rated exactly as it went. He had some really bad moments this year. It was not a good season by any stretch of the imagination. 

At no point in time was he ever 'one of the top QBs in the game'. He was out played by udfa Nick Mullens, so let's not get carried away here. 

It was to be expected. I thought he should have been on the bench for a few weeks if not most of the season. Like I said, he has some terrible habits. 

Progress is progress though and I agree he did start to take some baby steps  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

If you think Darnold is bad...what would you call Eli Manning?

I did not say he was good, but you do not/should not compound a quarterback problem by making a questionable QB pick in the top five. That's how teams stay perpetually bad.

Where did I say in this comment anything about Eli Manning? Why is that defense for anyone trying to argue about the Giants' taking Saquon?

To answer your question Eli Manning is average. Much more than Darnold was last year. Darnold was just bad. 

14 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12239620

What exactly did Darnold do to not be considered bad? Like this was not even a response?

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Yeah I understand if a rookie is bad now he will not always be bad, but I honestly did not like Darnold coming out. I feel like the Jets will be selecting another QB after year four. 

Darnold does not make good decisions, and has always tried to do too much with the football. He can throw beautifully, but not with anticipation. That's an important trait for a QB, 

Edited by YogiBiz

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Sam Darnold had 2 fumbles all season.

That was his major turnover issue in college and he fixed that. The INTs came from being a rookie and doing too much. It’s easy to judge a player if you’re just looking at boxscore and stats and also not factoring in supporting casts.

But yeah, sure.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:23 PM, brownie man said:

I think all this Giants not wanting Haskins is ALL SMOKE

I think they just want to make sure no one jumps them at 6

give that idea they don’t want him that’s what I’d do too. They can’t  be that dumb 

Giants haven't put out "smoke" in like 5 years now. They were too easy to read under Reese where they got jumped for their guy multiple times, and the first draft Gettleman ran here, he basically told everyone he was taking Barkley. It has only been one source so far, but if I hear it from someone else I'll really believe it.

But yeah, I think it would be dumb to pass on Haskins. I've come to like Murray a lot more recently, but Haskins is pretty perfect for Shurmur's offense. Would anyone put it past Gettleman to make a dumb move though? If Haskins and Murray are gone, I'm ok with taking two linemen, offensive and defensive, at 6 and 17. We need help everywhere. Get a pass rusher and a RT and trade for Rosen or something.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

How far does this drop him?

Supposedly this was discovered during his physical before he participated in the drills at the combine. Docs cleared him to participate even with the issue, which is important since they've been known to send people home. Impossible to tell exactly how much or if this drops him at all; all it takes for one team to like him and their docs to clear him for him to still go top-10. What is encouraging though is that the combine docs cleared him. IMO, this won't hurt his projected draft position as of right now. I still expect him to go top-10. It sounds minor.

• Like 1