NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, johndeere1707 said:

The area outside the venue is free. But you pretty much would just stand around and watch it on a big screen. I can do that at home for free.

Yeah, I'm not doing that.  I'd much rather do it from home. If I can get into the draft, it'll be worth it. Very fun experience. But I'm not going down there just to be down there. If they are going to be 3K+, I'll make sure that my gf knows that they are a priority ticket to acquire for us, and if she can get it, great, and if not, I'll be chilling at my home chatting with you guys haha. 

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Jets seem interested in recouping their lost pick, the question is whose going to trade up for that pick.  IF one of Bosa/Quinnen is off the board at 2, that likely leaves only one of them available assuming Arizona goes with Kyler as expected.  Oakland is a wildcard in this entire draft as they could go in a number of directions.  If you're wanting Q or Bosa, you're going to have to move up to 3 to guarantee him.  But whose going to move up?  Tampa Bay at 5 probably doesn't have the motivation, New York at 6 probably only moves up if they're in on Haskins.  Would Jacksonville or Detroit move up?  You get much farther than 8, do the Jets have motivation to move down?

I agree with all of this.

If Murray goes #1 then I don't think that there will be any trades in the top 4.

Tampa might look to trade down, and they might force the giants to move up one spot, but I don't think anyone is going to jump up to take any of the three elite defensive linemen (Allen, bosa, Williams). Denver seems like the most logical team to trade up in front of the giants for Haskins. No way they move up to #3 though 

I think the raiders are going to pray Murray goes #1 because it means one of Allen, bosa, Williams falls to them. I don't think they will trade down and pass on one of those guys. I also don't think they acquired all of these picks to make an expensive trade up at the top of the draft for a few spots, would be foolish when all three of those guys are going to be good pros. 

So book it, no trades in the top 4. 

I guess if the cards decide they don't want the niners to get bosa, they could trade with the raiders on the cheap and pray they still get Murray, or maybe they do an Eli deal and take bosa first and then wait for Murray to fall to the raiders then make the swap. This seems unlikely imo

On 3/20/2019 at 11:30 AM, Forge said:

Yeah, I'm not doing that.  I'd much rather do it from home. If I can get into the draft, it'll be worth it. Very fun experience. But I'm not going down there just to be down there. If they are going to be 3K+, I'll make sure that my gf knows that they are a priority ticket to acquire for us, and if she can get it, great, and if not, I'll be chilling at my home chatting with you guys haha. 

Everything I've seen points to going to the draft being free. You just need to download the app. The money is for VIP access and I couldn't care less about that. I'm going to Nashville (from CA) so I hope I"m right lol.

• Like 1

I don't understand why there is no Kyler Murray to 49ers talk?! Jimmy G looked legit when acquired during the 2017 season. Once the surprise effect was gone, he didn't look good at all. And that's after he had a full offseason in a very QB friendly scheme. The sample size is small, but it's still there. Then he tore his ACL. At age 28, with something to prove, coming off a torn ACL and missing the whole offseason, preseason and most likely not being quite ready at the start of the season. Even with the financial commitment, I don't see the 49ers dead set on Jimmy G. Making him a post-June 1 cut actually wouldn't have the cap ramifications you may think, or they could possibly still trade him for a mid round pick.

49ers have been drafting very high in the first round ever since their Superbowl team crumbled. Yet they haven't improved. New stadium, but empty seats. Toxic atmosphere. They have been drafting DL with their top picks for years, especially interior DL. Bosa and Quinnen are amazing prospects. But can their fan base stomach yet another investment in their DL which consists of high 1st round busts and now high priced Dee Ford as well? We can't forget that Shanahan, for all the good work he has done with their offense, won't get the wild card forever if they keep sucking.

Kyler Murray would be a great fit in Shanahan's offense. Think of a more accurate and even shiftier Redskins RGIII (not the sad end, but the early glory days). Nobody loves the bootleg pass more than Shanny. In fact, they do more play action rollouts than traditional dropback passes. Their zone run scheme is always among the very best in the league. Pair that with Murray's athletic ability and accuracy on the move, it could be a deadly combination. It's still mostly a projection, but Murray did things from the pistol that are very similar to Shanny's bootleg concepts. He can throw it accurately on the move, and not just dumpoffs like Beathard and Mullens. Murray could move their offense consistently both with his arm and his legs. Probably the most important factor: He would fill the seats in Santa Clara! Imo Murray makes them better immediately. Much better than an elite DL prospect in a room full of 1st round DL could.

The main issue is: The Cardinals won't allow their division rival to trade up, especially not for a future QB. If the Cards pick Murray or trade the #1 pick to a team that picks Murray, it's a moot point. All the 49ers can do is keep it quiet and hope that Bosa or Quinnen go 1st overall. Maybe that's the reason we hear nothing in this regard...

If I had to bet, my money would be on the 49ers selecting Murray if he's there at #2. They've had some horrible years and need a spark.

That said, most of these things can be said about the Cardinals as well. Murray in Kingsbury's offense - a wet dream come true! And Rosen hasn't even shown a fraction of what Jimmy G has already done. Granted Rosen had horrible circumstances and just turned 22yo. They traded up for Rosen from #15 to #10 just a year ago and Kingsbury basically signed up to develop him. However, this was before Murray entered the picture. And who knows, maybe Kingsbury knew it all along...

Edited by Fullback

1 hour ago, Fullback said:

I don't understand why there is no Kyler Murray to 49ers talk?! Jimmy G looked legit when acquired during the 2017 season. Once the surprise effect was gone, he didn't look good at all. And that's after he had a full offseason in a very QB friendly scheme. The sample size is small, but it's still there. Then he tore his ACL. At age 28, with something to prove, coming off a torn ACL and missing the whole offseason, preseason and most likely not being quite ready at the start of the season. Even with the financial commitment, I don't see the 49ers dead set on Jimmy G. Making him a post-June 1 cut actually wouldn't have the cap ramifications you may think, or they could possibly still trade him for a mid round pick.

Good point 

9 hours ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Everything I've seen points to going to the draft being free. You just need to download the app. The money is for VIP access and I couldn't care less about that. I'm going to Nashville (from CA) so I hope I"m right lol.

I hope you're right.  I was slightly annoyed seeing people talk about $3000 tickets the one year the draft is held less than a mile from my mother in law's house.

3 hours ago, Fullback said:

49ers have been drafting very high in the first round ever since their Superbowl team crumbled. Yet they haven't improved. New stadium, but empty seats. Toxic atmosphere. They have been drafting DL with their top picks for years, especially interior DL. Bosa and Quinnen are amazing prospects. But can their fan base stomach yet another investment in their DL which consists of high 1st round busts and now high priced Dee Ford as well? We can't forget that Shanahan, for all the good work he has done with their offense, won't get the wild card forever if they keep sucking.

Kyler Murray would be a great fit in Shanahan's offense. Think of a more accurate and even shiftier Redskins RGIII (not the sad end, but the early glory days). Nobody loves the bootleg pass more than Shanny. In fact, they do more play action rollouts than traditional dropback passes. Their zone run scheme is always among the very best in the league. Pair that with Murray's athletic ability and accuracy on the move, it could be a deadly combination. It's still mostly a projection, but Murray did things from the pistol that are very similar to Shanny's bootleg concepts. He can throw it accurately on the move, and not just dumpoffs like Beathard and Mullens. Murray could move their offense consistently both with his arm and his legs. Probably the most important factor: He would fill the seats in Santa Clara! Imo Murray makes them better immediately. Much better than an elite DL prospect in a room full of 1st round DL could.

The main issue is: The Cardinals won't allow their division rival to trade up, especially not for a future QB. If the Cards pick Murray or trade the #1 pick to a team that picks Murray, it's a moot point. All the 49ers can do is keep it quiet and hope that Bosa or Quinnen go 1st overall. Maybe that's the reason we hear nothing in this regard...

If I had to bet, my money would be on the 49ers selecting Murray if he's there at #2. They've had some horrible years and need a spark.

That said, most of these things can be said about the Cardinals as well. Murray in Kingsbury's offense - a wet dream come true! And Rosen hasn't even shown a fraction of what Jimmy G has already done. Granted Rosen had horrible circumstances and just turned 22yo. They traded up for Rosen from #15 to #10 just a year ago and Kingsbury basically signed up to develop him. However, this was before Murray entered the picture. And who knows, maybe Kingsbury knew it all along...

The Niners taking Murray does make some sense. He's an outstanding fit. That said, while the Shanny offense is QB friendly, it took a couple guys like Ryan a year to learn it. Jimmy also had nothing at WR, lost his starting RB in camp, and a sketchy OL. 

17 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

The Niners taking Murray does make some sense. He's an outstanding fit. That said, while the Shanny offense is QB friendly, it took a couple guys like Ryan a year to learn it. Jimmy also had nothing at WR, lost his starting RB in camp, and a sketchy OL. 

Honestly, Haskins would probably be the better fit, not Murray.