NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

well, I would have liked Grier in round 3 for the Pats. There goes that.

Nah, there's always that one quarterback that gets talk about "could be a first round pick". Almost every year. Davis Webb got that kind of love. Josh Dobbs too. I want to say Jimmy G got that kind of talk a little before the draft too. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Daniel said:

I mean, he's OK.  I'm not saying he's a UDFA, but I wouldn't touch him til the second half of round 2.

His tape certainly isn't bad.  It's pretty good.  He just doesn't look elite in any category to me, except maybe ball skills, which for me are pretty low on the CB evaluation priority list.  He doesn't have the speed or movement skills to keep up with fast receivers, doesn't have the size or jump skills to compete with big physical ones, and doesn't have good enough read and react skills to be a crazy good zone corner.

He's pretty good at everything, only great at one, and has red flag athleticism IMO.

Honestly, Rock Ya-Sin and maybe Byron Murphy are the only first round corners in this class to me.  Iman Marshall at the very end, maybe.  Greedy and Deandre are overhyped IMO.

Baker's tape is excellent. It's better than any of the CB's in the last 2 drafts outside of Ward's.

He ran all game long with Marquise Brown...how exactly does that show that he can't keep up with fast WR's?

Deandre Baker is the best CB in this draft class and it's not really close. Who do you think is better?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Baker has the highest floor of any of the CBs in this draft.  He can cover man-to-man.  He can play off man.  He can play zone.  I just do not understand why people do not like him.

Because he didn’t run a 4.3. It means he can’t cover fast guys. You know...because football is all about straight line speed. 

Don’t overthink this people. His tape is good. His skills translate to any defense. He has locked up some great college WRs. He has ball production and is a great tackler in space.  Not sure where anyone could see these physical flaws on tape. The dude was a consistently elite cover guy at Georgia throughout his career. 

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Deandre Baker is the best CB in this draft class and it's not really close. Who do you think is better?

Rock Ya-Sin, Byron Murphy, and Iman Marshall, in that order.  Greedy Williams pretty close after rounding out the top five.

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Iman Marshall? Seriously?

Yeah.  I really liked how he played in 2016 and 2017.  Took a step back this year, but has great size.

I am well aware I have him ranked higher than most, but that's just my take on it.

56 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Rock Ya-Sin, Byron Murphy, and Iman Marshall, in that order.  Greedy Williams pretty close after rounding out the top five.

Rock Ya-Sin is one thing, but Iman Marshall is just........something alright.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Because he didn’t run a 4.3. It means he can’t cover fast guys. You know...because football is all about straight line speed. 

Don’t overthink this people. His tape is good. His skills translate to any defense. He has locked up some great college WRs. He has ball production and is a great tackler in space.  Not sure where anyone could see these physical flaws on tape. The dude was a consistently elite cover guy at Georgia throughout his career. 

didn't Isabella light his *** up though. Brown put up 8/115 and a td. 

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think it's terrible. Who do you like?

Lots. Greedy is a legit top 10 guy to me, his traits and ball skills don't come around often. Murphy and Baker are also first rounders. Then you have a bunch of Day 2 guys who I think are future top 3 CBs, including my boy Justin Layne who I think is going to be an epic steal.