NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How would I feel? I would like it very much considering he is who I want to draft at #2 if we don't trade down. 

If you viewed Bosa and QW similarly, ie, both have a chance to be "special" would you take Williams?

11 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Byron Murphy screams bust to me. Always has. I hate the scheme he plays in and I think he has some major limitations. He gets roasted bad in coverage when he’s asked to play press which is what 90% of the NFL is. The ways in which he wins do not translate to the NFL.

Greedy Williams is talented, but I disagree with you that Greedy Williams-like talents don’t come around often. Every draft has a big corner that can put the jets on. Plus the dude has stiffness in his hips and got torched all the time in college. Plus let’s not even get started with his tackling prowess....

I like Justin Layne a lot. He’s about the only redeemable CB in the 2nd-4th round range for me. 

The only CBs that I think are gonna have success above their draft projections are:

Deandre Baker

Justin Layne

Mark Fields

Isaiah Johnson

Murphy might have some physical limitations, but he's got all the intangibles and I think he's a great nickel at the very worst. Of the 2nd round guys, lots of good balls of clay to work with. These guys just need some development, but I think you're going to see a bunch of starters emerge from that group. At least we agree on Layne lol.

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you viewed Bosa and QW similarly, ie, both have a chance to be "special" would you take Williams?

So if I viewed them as equal prospects? No, I would go Bosa then since Thomas in the interior would be just fine. But right now I rate Williams quite clearly ahead of Bosa. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So if I viewed them as equal prospects? No, I would go Bosa then since Thomas in the interior would be just fine. But right now I rate Williams quite clearly ahead of Bosa. 

Nope, just wanted to clarify that all things being equal, you're going edge > interior. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um, I think I go case to case with that. Not just as simple as edge>interior for me. But in most cases? Sure, I guess. 

I would think it would be given the last two pages have been talking about the interior being okay and the edge needing help. So if Bosa and QW were equal in all regards, you'd still maybe draft the interior player for the niners? Interesting. Wouldn't have thought that. I'd be curious as to that reasoning, but we can talk about that in the 49er forum lol

Edit

Also, just realized you may have thought I meant in general, edge > interior. Sorry, not what I meant. I meant edge > interior for the 49ers in this draft. So if Bosa and Williams were equal as prospects to you, you'd go with the end for the niners in this draft

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would think it would be given the last two pages have been talking about the interior being okay and the edge needing help. So if Bosa and QW were equal in all regards, you'd still maybe draft the interior player for the niners? Interesting

Okay, so I think I have misunderstood what you wrote. So let me clear it up a bit.

Williams>>Bosa in terms of talent for me. This is why I prefer to take Williams with the 2nd pick, if we don't trade down. However, if they were equal, then I'd lean towards drafting Bosa because our interior is fine. I thought you were talking about in general that if equal talent, always go edge>interior. I don't think it is just that simple, but in more cases you would probably go edge>interior if they are equal talents. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, so I think I have misunderstood what you wrote. So let me clear it up a bit.

Williams>>Bosa in terms of talent for me. This is why I prefer to take Williams with the 2nd pick, if we don't trade down. However, if they were equal, then I'd lean towards drafting Bosa because our interior is fine. I thought you were talking about in general that if equal talent, always go edge>interior. I don't think it is just that simple, but in more cases you would probably go edge>interior if they are equal talents. 

Lol I just edited my last post because I realized the same thing

On 3/22/2019 at 5:45 AM, Daniel said:

I hope you're right.  I was slightly annoyed seeing people talk about $3000 tickets the one year the draft is held less than a mile from my mother in law's house.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/05/23/nfl-draft-2019-tickets-location-experience-nashville-date/634550002/

How can I get tickets?

This NFL draft will be the most accessible to fans than any other in history.

And tickets are completely free.

16 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Anyway imo if Lynch is smart he’ll look at how the Rams defense built around a versatile DL in Donald has been great for them. QWill has that potential. Bosa is great as well. I just think QWill makes the most sense for the 49ers even if fans want Bosa above all else. 

I cannot begin to understand this

22 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Byron Murphy screams bust to me. Always has. I hate the scheme he plays in and I think he has some major limitations. He gets roasted bad in coverage when he’s asked to play press which is what 90% of the NFL is. The ways in which he wins do not translate to the NFL.

Greedy Williams is talented, but I disagree with you that Greedy Williams-like talents don’t come around often. Every draft has a big corner that can put the jets on. Plus the dude has stiffness in his hips and got torched all the time in college. Plus let’s not even get started with his tackling prowess....

I like Justin Layne a lot. He’s about the only redeemable CB in the 2nd-4th round range for me. 

The only CBs that I think are gonna have success above their draft projections are:

Deandre Baker

Justin Layne

Mark Fields

Isaiah Johnson

What's wrong with Amani? How about Long? 

26 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

What's wrong with Amani? How about Long? 

I forgot about Oruwariye. I like him a lot actually. Just completely forgot about him.

Long from Michigan? He was beaten like a drum at times. I do like him a little bit because of his experience playing press man all by his lonesome, but he wasn't a particularly elite lockdown CB in that scheme. He's an NFL talent, but I don't see him as an NFL starter.