NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

I called it here first: The Bengals will trade for Josh Rosen! Their new HC has seen first hand how to salvage a talented QBs career after a dreadful rookie season.

Murray and Haskins will both be off the board by #6 at latest. The Bengals almost never trade up, and don't have the draft capital anyway. At their original #11 pick though, all defensive blue chip prospect will be gone.

Rosen is just 22yo and would be the 3rd best QB prospect in this draft class behind Murray and Haskins. Cards send back a 2nd or 3rd to round off the deal.

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the Pats that like him, fits all the hallmarks. 

I would be pretty shocked if they take McLaurin first round. I would take him 3rd round but guess the Pats could like him more at take him at 56 if there. AJ Brown at 32 wouldn't shock me at all though

Just now, SBLIII said:

I would be pretty shocked if they take McLaurin first round. I would take him 3rd round but guess the Pats could like him more at take him at 56 if there. AJ Brown at 32 wouldn't shock me at all though

Yeah, I wouldn’t take him there especially as he’s 24 – though I like him a lot. Nothing would shock me with the Patriots when it comes to the draft though, they have a whole different value system and apparently only put like 40 guys on their entire board. 

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t take him there especially as he’s 24 – though I like him a lot. Nothing would shock me with the Patriots when it comes to the draft though, they have a whole different value system and apparently only put like 40 guys on their entire board. 

but you control him from age 24 to 28. Basically his prime.

9 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

but you control him from age 24 to 28. Basically his prime.

It's more to do with historically older prospects being less likely to pan out. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/approximate-value-methodology/
First-round draft picks’ approximate career value based their ages as of Sept. 1 of the draft year, 2000-13
  AVERAGE
AGE NO. DRAFTEES OVERALL PICK CAREER APPROXIMATE VALUE
20-21 98 15 43.8
22 174 16 42.9
23 146 17 39.5
24+ 27 18 33.6

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

It's more to do with historically older prospects being less likely to pan out. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/approximate-value-methodology/
First-round draft picks’ approximate career value based their ages as of Sept. 1 of the draft year, 2000-13
  AVERAGE
AGE NO. DRAFTEES OVERALL PICK CAREER APPROXIMATE VALUE
20-21 98 15 43.8
22 174 16 42.9
23 146 17 39.5
24+ 27 18 33.6

My bad, he's 22 and will turn 23 by the draft. Average age of 1st round picks last year was 21. 

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

My bad, he's 22 and will turn 23 by the draft. Average age of 1st round picks last year was 21. 

I wouldn't draft him first round but would welcome him overall if he has a lower ceiling but is ready to help right away.

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the Pats that like him, fits all the hallmarks. 

I thought this exact thing when I heard McLaurin in the first.  He reminds me of Troy Brown somewhat, capable receiver (although not necessarily a #1) and is an outstanding special teams player.  I think McLaurins floor is a #3 receiver and exceptional gunner on special teams.  Not to mention he's an extremely high character guy/IQ guy.  The other obvious link would be Indianapolis, McLaurins hometown and they're very familiar with him