NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Does the universe hate you? Or does Randy Gregory just really love weed?

DE was a need for you before Gregory's season went up in smoke. If Lawrence leaves in FA, then the universe probably hates you.

Gregory has problems. He's not some David Irving selfish type pr!ck who smokes it just because he can and expects special treatment.

But I very much doubt Dlaw leaves for FA. H/e we need a starting DE opposite him with the emphasis on the passing game now.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Gregory has problems. He's not some David Irving selfish type pr!ck who smokes it just because he can and expects special treatment.

But I very much doubt Dlaw leaves for FA. H/e we need a starting DE opposite him with the emphasis on the passing game now.

I doubt he leaves in FA... this year.  However, I'll remain suspect of his long-term future in Dallas until I see what the balance sheet looks like with extensions for Dak, Cooper, and Jones accounted for.  I can't help but feel like there's going to come a point where you guys end up having to choose between D-Law and Byron Jones, because you may not be able to afford both with Dak pulling in $25M/yr (low-end of Top 5 QB money), Cooper pulling in $15M/yr (low-end of Top 5 WR money), in addition to Martin's cap number not going down (but for may one year with some salary shifted to bonus) anytime soon, and then Zeke almost assuredly to be on the 5th-year-option next year ($10.05M) and seeking an extension in the $15M/yr range.  That eats up A LOT of the money you guys would have coming off the books in 2020.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I doubt he leaves in FA... this year.  However, I'll remain suspect of his long-term future in Dallas until I see what the balance sheet looks like with extensions for Dak, Cooper, and Jones accounted for.  I can't help but feel like there's going to come a point where you guys end up having to choose between D-Law and Byron Jones, because you may not be able to afford both with Dak pulling in $25M/yr (low-end of Top 5 QB money), Cooper pulling in $15M/yr (low-end of Top 5 WR money), in addition to Martin's cap number not going down (but for may one year with some salary shifted to bonus) anytime soon, and then Zeke almost assuredly to be on the 5th-year-option next year ($10.05M) and seeking an extension in the $15M/yr range.  That eats up A LOT of the money you guys would have coming off the books in 2020.

Whelp......thanks for that. Not gonna be able to sleep now.

• Like 1

I think if I had to pick a QB for the Giants I would go Murray. Normally I would afraid of him getting hurt, maybe it's because I haven't seen a quarterback run since Hostetler. The upside seem pretty high. I would be happy with Haskins and probably Carr as well. Rosen isn't turning me on right now.