NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

27 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

if they move up to 3 for Williams, Allen i have a feeling will be around 6 or so.

also would love the Bills having all the Josh Allens on the team.

I would love that. I wouldn't be against the Bills having Josh Allen swap in for Allen at QB and see how that Josh Allen does in Josh Alllen's spot at DE. I bet there isn't much of a drop off either way.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I know you're making fun of simonwayne, but there's a big difference between the two.

Yup.  Considering, since the have the #1 pick, Arizona is actually the only team able to negotiate contract terms with rookie players right now.

1 hour ago, BucShot said:

It’s called doing your own work. Way harder than just spewing out some form of the consensus. 

I'm all for doing your own legwork, but the notion that somehow going away from the grain makes your rankings any better is comical to me.  There's no evidence that suggests that you going against the grain makes you any more or less accurate.  The number of people who have actually put out rankings in recent years has dwindled drastically.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I know you're making fun of simonwayne, but there's a big difference between the two.

Wait, that's Simon? Damn. I used to like that dude, but this new version of him is insufferable.

Edited by jrry32

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Wait, that's Simon? Damn. I used to like that, dude, but this new version of him is insufferable.

Webby said they're two different posters, but they both are Chiefs/Thunder fans who tend to overrate their own teams/players.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm all for doing your own legwork, but the notion that somehow going away from the grain makes your rankings any better is comical to me.  There's no evidence that suggests that you going against the grain makes you any more or less accurate.  The number of people who have actually put out rankings in recent years has dwindled drastically.

I think that's kinda the point though.  Going against the grain in a reasoned manner isn't likely to make you "more accurate", but it's probably not going to make you much "less accurate" overall either.  Isn't it more interesting, fulfilling and just...fun...to be roughly equally right/wrong on your own terms, by your own evaluations? 

And on the other end of that...isn't it more interesting to hear different perspectives that might challenge your evaluation or challenge "with the grain" consensus thinking on a prospect?  Either you might be turned on to something you missed and change your evaluation a bit to reflect that, or you strengthen your own original evaluation by putting it through the crucible of criticism and differing opinions.  You don't have to fully accept an "against the grain" opinion to learn something from it.

Different for the sake of being different is obviously not all that beneficial.  But well-reasoned and articulated differences of opinion are the bread and butter of discussion and often learning.

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

This would be an interesting turn of events. But who would a team be coming up for?

Buffalo jumps us for Quinnen Williams? They've recently worked out him and Josh Allen. Maybe they're exploring trade ups in case one of them falls but who knows.

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

This would be an interesting turn of events. But who would a team be coming up for?

Murray would be the most obvious if he doesn't go to the cards. I don't know what the chances are for another quarterback. If feels like no other quarterback has that type of hype.

I could see the raiders move up for Bosa, they've been rumored to like him, it's not that big of a leap, etc, but that's a very specific trade scenario

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Murray would be the most obvious if he doesn't go to the cards. I don't know what the chances are for another quarterback. If feels like no other quarterback has that type of hype.

I could see the raiders move up for Bosa, they've been rumored to like him, it's not that big of a leap, etc, but that's a very specific trade scenario

Murray’s a lock as far as we can tell. I seen somewhere that SF had two plans 

trade for EDGE/draft WR

trafe for WR(OBJ)/draft EDGE

seems like they’re setting up the drafting of the WR by moving back. 

Even tho I still feel like they go Bosa.