NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Murray’s a lock as far as we can tell. I seen somewhere that SF had two plans 

trade for EDGE/draft WR

trafe for WR(OBJ)/draft EDGE

seems like they’re setting up the drafting of the WR by moving back. 

Even tho I still feel like they go Bosa.

I agree. If I were a betting man (spoiler, I am), I'd still feel most comfortable having my money on bosa at two as opposed to another player or a trade down. 

The raiders trade is the only one I can really get on board with as the cost would be decently high (the niners would get at least #35 for that swap), and they'd still secure Bosa / QW / Allen

47 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’ll believe SF passes on Bosa when I see it 

I don’t see it regardless of any rumor. John Lynch is a smart man 

Lis in the last post, largely depends on the offer. If the raiders offered 35+ for that swap, I think I have to do it. But there aren't a ton of other trade options that I would be in love with

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I agree. If I were a betting man (spoiler, I am), I'd still feel most comfortable having my money on bosa at two as opposed to another player or a trade down. 

The raiders trade is the only one I can really get on board with as the cost would be decently high (the niners would get at least #35 for that swap), and they'd still secure Bosa / QW / Allen

Makes sense for the 9ers if they have Bosa/Allen/QWill all close. 

Grab another premium pick and help Oakland get their guy ahead of the Jets. 

Do Bosa's personal politics have any bearing on whether teams are more or less likely to draft him?  Not to get into specifics because of board rules, but his (since deleted) tweets sort of present him as hating Kaepernick and everything he stood for, a position that *might* not go over especially well in SF.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Do Bosa's personal politics have any bearing on whether teams are more or less likely to draft him?  Not to get into specifics because of board rules, but his (since deleted) tweets sort of present him as hating Kaepernick and everything he stood for, a position that *might* not go over especially well in SF.

CJ Beathard is a noted conservative and posts similarly on social media regarding those views from what I read from Dave Lombardi (don't follow Beathard myself, so can't speak to the accuracy). The team and FO is said to love Beathard, and nothing negative has come from it. If there's one thing that can be said about the 49er front office and ownership it's that they take a very hands off approach to their players beliefs and their allowance for demonstrating those beliefs. It's a reasonable question to ask, but I don't think it will have any impact or bearing on whether or not the 49ers select him. 

I'd also assume that Joey has very similar political views as his brother (though he may never have been as outspoken on social media as nick) and he seems to be doing fine in CA. Given that Nick has already taken the tweets down and deleted them (not to mention being up front about why), I think it's fair to say that he's getting good advice or he's got enough social awareness to understand that things such as that may be an unnecessary complication in his life to put them out there. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Ian Rapoport is reporting that he expects Quinnen to go within the first two picks.

Honestly, I don't know what's going on with him. I feel like the majority of mocks I'm seeing have him go 4 or later. Some have him with an inexplicable drop (Schraeger has him at 8, for example). The NFL.com people all have him 4 or later with the exception of Bucky Brooks (#2). Brugler has him at 4. The ringer did a mock and had him at 5. But there have been plenty of rumors that say the 49ers love him, and I feel like I remember reading from one of the 49ers writers (maybe Middlekauff or Barrows, can't remember) saying that he thought that would be the pick. 

Just now, Forge said:

Honestly, I don't know what's going on with him. I feel like the majority of mocks I'm seeing have him go 4 or later. Some have him with an inexplicable drop (Schraeger has him at 8, for example). The NFL.com people all have him 4 or later with the exception of Bucky Brooks (#2). Brugler has him at 4. The ringer did a mock and had him at 5. But there have been plenty of rumors that say the 49ers love him, and I feel like I remember reading from one of the 49ers writers (maybe Middlekauff or Barrows, can't remember) saying that he thought that would be the pick. 

I think it's very possible that you guys trade the pick. Buffalo, Green Bay, and Atlanta make sense as teams that could wanna leapfrog the Jets to pick to Quinnen.

Just now, jetjuice said:

I think it's very possible that you guys trade the pick. Buffalo, Green Bay, and Atlanta make sense as teams that could wanna leapfrog the Jets to pick to Quinnen.

I'm torn on that. I don't think that I would want to move down as far as Green Bay / Atlanta. Green Bay would be intriguing because they obviously have 2 first rounders this year, but I don't see them ponying up both of those in a trade. Atlanta could make sense if they thing that last year was an anomaly with regards to the injuries and they expect to be very good next year. I do think that they will be at least an average team next year, so their 2020 first wouldn't excite me at all. I'd be willing to trade with Cincy, but they never move up. Buffalo is kind of interesting. Further down then I would want to go, but that's their first round pick next year for sure, and they may not be super good, but they could be a 6-10 or 7-9 type team, so it may be more of a middle first next year, which is largely meh. 

I love the idea of trading with the Raiders. I think if the Giants were ponying up #6 + their second + 2020 second + 142, I'd be inclined to do that, if only because one of the big guys could theoretically fall in that scenario (if the Bucs take someone like White), so we coudl still end up with Bosa / Allen / QW, and i've been a pretty big fan of Montez Sweat for most of the season. His stock is higher than I projected it would be, but he's a player I'd be happy with. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

My guess would be that it's because he's a one year wonder, and that usually turns teams off.  If he had two years like 2018, he'd be no question the first non-QB, but with one year, he comes with more risk.

That and the other top players are edge rushers, which are generally more coveted.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Buffalo is kind of interesting. Further down then I would want to go, but that's their first round pick next year for sure, and they may not be super good, but they could be a 6-10 or 7-9 type team, so it may be more of a middle first next year, which is largely meh. 

Completely spit balling here but would something like pick 9, pick 74, Zay Jones and next years 1st seem like fair or close to fair comparison for pick 2?

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

As long as he produces like Barry Bonds SF will embrace him. 

19 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

As long as he produces like Barry Bonds SF will embrace him. 

But I mean, it is a reason to take Quinnen or Allen over Bosa, I think. it's not like a "he's off the board" thing, but when you pick 2nd, it's not like you don't have options.  I suspect NFL teams have broken ties with weirder things.

9 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Most don't care about his politics and aren't projecting fake patriotic outrage like what happened with the anti-Kaepernick crowd. Some fans have interpreted his tweets as being racist and possibly causing a locker room issue. Others see those tweets as immature trolling.  If I'm John Lynch, I would want to make sure that Bosa isn't going to feel like he's forced to play for the 49ers and will leave the first opportunity he gets. I'd much rather he pull an Eli Manning and say he doesn't want to play for SF if he really believes his conservatism is going to be an issue.