NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

No way I'd take Murray over Rosen. Nothing against him, but 1 year wonders always scare me a bit. He also comes from a system that is ridiculously QB friendly in a conference that is known for porous defenses. I get that everyone wants to cash in on the "next" Mayfield, but this just seems like Arizona is tempting disaster. The biggest justification I've seen has been Rosen's rough year. Goff, anyone? 

My opinion is that Arizona moves Rosen, and their rebuild gets set back even further when Murray doesn't pan out. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

No way I'd take Murray over Rosen. Nothing against him, but 1 year wonders always scare me a bit. He also comes from a system that is ridiculously QB friendly in a conference that is known for porous defenses. I get that everyone wants to cash in on the "next" Mayfield, but this just seems like Arizona is tempting disaster. The biggest justification I've seen has been Rosen's rough year. Goff, anyone? 

My opinion is that Arizona moves Rosen, and their rebuild gets set back even further when Murray doesn't pan out. 

Some good points were brought up that Kingsbury does not max protect in the offense he runs and without max protection and not so mobile QB like Rosen could struggle in an offense that is spread like that.  Fact is the Cardinals have failed the second they hired Kliff Kingsbury, a loser college football coach that literally did nothing of note at Texas Tech, now is a NFL coach because he is a hip young offensive coordinator and they are trying to find the next Sean McVay, copy cat league.  

Cardinals might not be successful just because of that, oh but Kingsbury made Patrick Mahomes?  I do not think so, but that is what the NFL is turning into be.  Please for the love of crap would some defensive mind figure a way to stop this pass happy league?

In terms of Kyler Murray, yeah the one year wonder is a little scary but Rosen is scary also.  Had a terrible year and is not exactly Mr charisma, is a prototype QB to some though.  Murray is a reach at #1 though I agree, but is hard as crap to stop with those legs and that rocket arm.  Wish he would have ran the 40 and threw at the combine, would be been interesting to see him in that environment.  

13 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Only takes more than one interested team to drive up the price. Right now if I'm the QB-less Dolphins at 13 or the Redskins at 15, Rosen is looking like a pretty cheap return for a first round pick. Same for the Pats who might see Rosen as their QB of the future. 

Absolutely.  If I'm Washington or Miami, I'd throw out my FRP and a conditional '20 pick (somewhere between 2nd and 4th rounds) for 33 and Rosen.  That values Rosen as a late FRP, early SRP and that doesn't even include the '20 conditional pick.  There's incentive for both sides to get this deal done.

4 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Why in the hell would you give up anything of value for a QB a team is so ready to bail on. Doesn't that just reek of buyers remorse?

Not necessarily.  We've discussed ad nauseam about how Kyler Murray fits what Kliff wants to do offensively, and if you hire Kliff as your HC you've got to do whatever it takes to makes thing work with him.  If that means Kyler Murray, so be it.  But if they really believed in Rosen, they probably would have gone with the "safer" HC hire.  I mean, it's not like we didn't have multiple HC candidates with QB background.

35 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Not sure what Miami's plan is at the QB position, unless they plan on bottoming out.  FA is crap.  Right now, you've got Teddy Bridgewater as the best available FA assuming the rumors of Foles-to-Jacksonville are true.  But you've got the NY Giants who are solidly ahead of the Dolphins, and a move up the board is going to be easier (and more importantly, less costly).

55 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Absolutely.  If I'm Washington or Miami, I'd throw out my FRP and a conditional '20 pick (somewhere between 2nd and 4th rounds) for 33 and Rosen.  That values Rosen as a late FRP, early SRP and that doesn't even include the '20 conditional pick.  There's incentive for both sides to get this deal done.

I would literally destroy my TV remote by throwing it across the room if this happens. I understand what you're saying about the value. And I can see how it works in terms of that.

But there's a reason why the Cards are moving on from him after only a year. I still think even if the buyer(s) may be desperate, the sellers are even more so. IF I'm the Redskins, the most I give them is a 2nd and 6th this year (with maybe a 3rd or 4th next year) or a 3rd and 5th this year. And that's the most I'm offering.

If we miss out on the talent I think will be there at 15 because we traded for a guy that a team was very desperate to get rid of, I'll be super pissed. It will literally be the most Daniel Snyder thing to do.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I would literally destroy my TV remote by throwing it across the room if this happens. I understand what you're saying about the value. And I can see how it works in terms of that.

But there's a reason why the Cards are moving on from him after only a year. I still think even if the buyer(s) may be desperate, the sellers are even more so. IF I'm the Redskins, the most I give them is a 2nd and 6th this year (with maybe a 3rd or 4th next year) or a 3rd and 5th this year. And that's the most I'm offering.

If we miss out on the talent I think will be there at 15 because we traded for a guy that a team was very desperate to get rid of, I'll be super pissed. It will literally be the most Daniel Snyder thing to do.

I mean, I get what you're saying but we really don't have precedent for this.  Arizona is naturally still going to want value for Rosen one way or the other.  Washington isn't getting an elite talent at 15, and the gap between 15 and 33 really isn't that big.  And realistically speaking, Washington can't get close enough to move up to get into range for Haskins.  So it's sit at 15 draft a non-QB and hope they suck enough in 2019 that they're in range to take a QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I get what you're saying but we really don't have precedent for this.  Arizona is naturally still going to want value for Rosen one way or the other.  Washington isn't getting an elite talent at 15, and the gap between 15 and 33 really isn't that big.  And realistically speaking, Washington can't get close enough to move up to get into range for Haskins.  So it's sit at 15 draft a non-QB and hope they suck enough in 2019 that they're in range to take a QB.

I think there's gonna be some very great talent at 15 in many different positions. I'm not just talking about the QB position at 15. So the bolded has been my preferred strategy for awhile now. If we roll with McCoy and Johnson for 2019, I'm betting we pick Top 5 next year.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

There's other people saying this now though, so it's not just Pauline

Recycled clickbait.  If the Cards choose to do this they won’t half *** it by making their decision before the pre-draft process is finished.  And they’re certainly not openly telling people what they’re going to do. 

11 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Recycled clickbait.  If the Cards choose to do this they won’t half *** it by making their decision before the pre-draft process is finished.  And they’re certainly not openly telling people what they’re going to do. 

I would hope not, but sometimes, you just never know with these guys. We will know if Rosen gets traded

1 hour ago, Forge said:

There's other people saying this now though, so it's not just Pauline

Didn't the Cardinals GM basically say a couple days ago that a new franchise QB isn't the direction they'd probably be going? Also, that the organization is behind Rosen? Obviously, he could be lying, but that is a jerk move to make a blanket statement like that. If you were thinking of subterfuge, you'd think a better cover story could be concocted.