NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I already think Kingsbury is going to fail in the NFL. I think if he sticks with Rosen, he increases those chances. I also think there is a reason Murray did an about face when he was waffling regarding MLB or NFL: I think someone guaranteed he would be taken high in the 1st. I think that somebody was Kingsbury and company (he and Kingsbury have the same agent, also).

7 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I already think Kingsbury is going to fail in the NFL. I think if he sticks with Rosen, he increases those chances. I also think there is a reason Murray did an about face when he was waffling regarding MLB or NFL: I think someone guaranteed he would be taken high in the 1st. I think that somebody was Kingsbury and company (he and Kingsbury have the same agent, also).

Wouldn't surprise me if they cleaned house and fired GM, head coach everyone after one season.

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Don't see the Packers giving up what they'd need to give up in order to get to 2.  And I think if the Packers trade up, it's for Bosa not Williams.

Even after investing so heavily in edge rushers this offseason?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/15/kyler-murray-cardinals-nfl-draft-peter-king-fmia/?cid=rotoworld

But if Keim thinks Murray’s going to have Mahomes-like impact, or even close, he should resist temptation, pick Murray, and deal Josh Rosen 10 nights from now. Peter Schrager made a good point the other day on “Good Morning Football:” In 1984, the Portland Trail Blazers had a young shooting guard they liked, Clyde Drexler, who went on to be a Hall of Fame player. Owning the second pick of the ’84 draft, with Michael Jordan on the board, Portland picked center Sam Bowie. Some 35 years later, it’s still the worst NBA draft decision ever. If the Cards see star power in Murray, their decision should be made.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/15/kyler-murray-cardinals-nfl-draft-peter-king-fmia/?cid=rotoworld

But if Keim thinks Murray’s going to have Mahomes-like impact, or even close, he should resist temptation, pick Murray, and deal Josh Rosen 10 nights from now. Peter Schrager made a good point the other day on “Good Morning Football:” In 1984, the Portland Trail Blazers had a young shooting guard they liked, Clyde Drexler, who went on to be a Hall of Fame player. Owning the second pick of the ’84 draft, with Michael Jordan on the board, Portland picked center Sam Bowie. Some 35 years later, it’s still the worst NBA draft decision ever. If the Cards see star power in Murray, their decision should be made.

giphy.gif

Yet if Portland went HAKEEM at #1, they would have had a Western Dynasty and a shot at beating MJ.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Yet if Portland went HAKEEM at #1, they would have had a Western Dynasty and a shot at beating MJ.

I would have loved to have seen that play out if they had landed the #1 overall pick or traded up. Would have made an amazing 12-13 years, I think. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would have loved to have seen that play out if they had landed the #1 overall pick or traded up. Would have made an amazing 12-13 years, I think. 

ABSOLUTELY! The Clyde/MJ matchup would have been amazing, with Pippen as the X factor, but I don't think MJ wins 6 rings. Prime Hakeem was good for 1-2 himself...I'm not betting on Luc Longley in that matchup.

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I would love to see Oliver in Titletown

I would assume that he's their realistic #1 option for the Packers.  The problem is I think it's likely he goes off the board somewhere in that 8-10 range.  Supposedly Detroit and Atlanta have a deal in place if someone were to fall to 8, and early speculation has it at Oliver.  Not sure how much I believe it, but it's been there for a while.