Jump to content
49erurtaza

NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

Even after investing so heavily in edge rushers this offseason?

Absolutely.  Your top 2 pass rushers are going to play roughly 60% of the defensive snaps, your #3 EDGE plays between 45-55% of the snaps, so the rest of the snaps go to EDGE4. Za'Darius Smith and Preston Smith are our top 2 EDGE, and given the season Kyler Fackrell had last year he figures to start the year as EDGE3.  The problem is that Fackrell's production last year wasn't sustainable.  Fackrell's sack per pressure was unusually high, which suggests that last season's production won't be replicated.  Plus, he's a FA at the end of the year.  And Za'Darius Smith played snaps on the DL for the Ravens in sub-package, so your EDGE4 could realistically play 40%+ of the defensive snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yet if Portland went HAKEEM at #1, they would have had a Western Dynasty and a shot at beating MJ.

Portland was picking #2...  They also left Barkley on the board oof.  Suns taking Jay Humphries over Stockton double oof!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

Portland was picking #2...  They also left Barkley on the board oof.  Suns taking Jay Humphries over Stockton double oof!

Ahhh! Good call! My bad...I forgot they lost the coin toss. It was probably coincidence Hakeem went #1 overall to his hometown team just a year or two before Ewing went to the Knicks. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Absolutely.  Your top 2 pass rushers are going to play roughly 60% of the defensive snaps, your #3 EDGE plays between 45-55% of the snaps, so the rest of the snaps go to EDGE4. Za'Darius Smith and Preston Smith are our top 2 EDGE, and given the season Kyler Fackrell had last year he figures to start the year as EDGE3.  The problem is that Fackrell's production last year wasn't sustainable.  Fackrell's sack per pressure was unusually high, which suggests that last season's production won't be replicated.  Plus, he's a FA at the end of the year.  And Za'Darius Smith played snaps on the DL for the Ravens in sub-package, so your EDGE4 could realistically play 40%+ of the defensive snaps.

Realistically you could say "edge depth" was a serious problem for the GB defense for the past several years, and they didn't actually improve in that respect (except perhaps in terms of availability) by replacing Matthews and Perry with the Smiths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Realistically you could say "edge depth" was a serious problem for the GB defense for the past several years, and they didn't actually improve in that respect (except perhaps in terms of availability) by replacing Matthews and Perry with the Smiths.

One way or the other, they're going to be in the market for an EDGE this year or next year.  If they wait until next year, that pick will play a bigger role since Kyler Fackrell will probably get paid elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Would Oakland trade to #1 for Bosa if they could lowball the crap out of Arizona?  Something like 4/27 for 1...

Edited by DirtyDez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Would Oakland trade to #1 for Bosa if they could lowball the crap out of Arizona?  Something like 4/27 for 1...

I'm not ruling out Oakland moving up in the draft. It strikes me as a slightly odd move (the price is kind of steep, and they could do it to draft at a very top high position if they are targeting someone like Bosa) given the cost (as you said, a move to 1/2 is going to likely require one of those other first round picks), but I think it's on the table for them, so I'm not ruling it out. Really depends on how much they love Bosa in comparison to other guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Would Oakland trade to #1 for Bosa if they could lowball the crap out of Arizona?  Something like 4/27 for 1...

I feel like it would be the most John Gruden thing ever to trade a pretty high pick and get a DL in the most loaded DL class I've seen in quite some time. He'd be better off staying at 4 and getting either Williams or Bosa, who I'm betting one of which will be there.

JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I feel like it would be the most John Gruden thing ever to trade a pretty high pick and get a DL in the most loaded DL class I've seen in quite some time. He'd be better off staying at 4 and getting either Williams or Bosa, who I'm betting one of which will be there.

JMHO

You think one of them will be at 4?  Now if they’re as high on Oliver than the other guys it’s an easy stay but if they specifically want an elite EDGE it’s Bosa >> Allen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

You think one of them will be at 4?  Now if they’re as high on Oliver than the other guys it’s an easy stay but if they specifically want an elite EDGE it’s Bosa >> Allen.

I still feel like Oliver is the best player in the draft. Throw in how close I have Bosa and Williams, and I think that trading up from 4 is a mistake. JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really not sure Bosa and Williams are there at 4. I could see the Raiders trading up to get the chance to pick 1 of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As a Raiders fan, I'm amenable to the idea of trading up to #2 overall for Bosa if the price is 1 and 24/27. That wouldn't be my first offer, though; I would try to recoup a 3rd rounder. I'm actually more fan of trading up for Bosa than staying and picking Williams.

Edited by Rich7sena

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 11:59 AM, CWood21 said:

There's been rumblings that Atlanta and Detroit have a trade in place IF a player falls.  Presumably Ed Oliver.

I can definitely see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

As a Raiders fan, I'm amenable to the idea of trading up to #2 overall for Bosa if the price is 1 and 24/27. That wouldn't be my first offer, though; I would try to recoup a 3rd rounder. I'm actually more fan of trading up for Bosa than staying and picking Williams.

As a 49er fan, I'm amenable to trading you #2 overall for #4 + #24 or #27. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I heard Ian Rapaport say teams would be shocked to see Quinnen Williams pass 2, it leads me to believe that Nick Bosa told the 49ers that he doesn't want to live in the Bay Area, due to his political stance. Sure they could draft him, but he may be a 5 year rental if that is the case. But I have always been in the Bosa is going #1 to Arizona camp and I still think that is the case barring a Josh Rosen trade before the draft.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×