NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

8 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Not necessarily "coming out of nowhere" but if I had to pick a guy to hit the top ten, not currently getting top ten hype, my guy is Hakeem Butler.  I could just see a team falling for those measurables and size.  

Yeah he’s got crazy upside. I wonder who makes the most sense from the need perspective. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah he’s got crazy upside. I wonder who makes the most sense from the need perspective. 

There was a rumor niners where wanting to trade back from 2 with the Bengals and draft him there. It was rumor from weeks ago.

What happens if the Cards pass on Murray?

Does he go to Oakland at 4? Do the Giants trade up with the Jets to take him? I have a hard time seeing that happen. Does he really last all the way to #6 to the Giants? I don't see that happening either. Oakland at 4 is probably the most likely scenario but wanted to see if everyone else agrees.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

If the Raiders or Bucs want him, he goes there.  If they don't, one of those teams trade out to a team that wants Murray.  Probably don't want to move out of the top 3 if the Cards pass on Murray since there's 3 defensive players that are supposedly a cut above the rest, and Arizona would most likely be taking one of them.  But if you're sitting at 4 or 5 and Quinnen, Bosa, and Allen are gone you figure you will probably get a similarly graded player if you move as far down as 11.

Murray won't get past the Jets at 3.  Some team that wants him will pay up to secure him over OAK, TB, and NYG just to be safe and rightly so.

WAS makes the most sense as does CIN in my opinion just not sure they are blowing it up yet like I think they should be.

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:
9 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Not necessarily "coming out of nowhere" but if I had to pick a guy to hit the top ten, not currently getting top ten hype, my guy is Hakeem Butler.  I could just see a team falling for those measurables and size.  

He's my top realistic pick for GB at 12. Would be thrilled.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Does he go to Oakland at 4? Do the Giants trade up with the Jets to take him? I have a hard time seeing that happen. Does he really last all the way to #6 to the Giants? I don't see that happening either. Oakland at 4 is probably the most likely scenario but wanted to see if everyone else agrees.  

In my latest mock, I have him as my 2nd qb off the board to the Giants. I have The bengals trading up with Tampa to select Dwayne Haskins. I'm no analyst, but I think this draft will surprise many who were expecting a certain outcome

10 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

I have this weird feeling that the variance on him in NFL front offices are huge. I think there are going to be teams that have him at 1/2 positionally speaking, and other teams that have him at like 5. I personally feel like he's not going to be in the top 3 receivers taken, but it only takes one team to prove me wrong

(disclosure: I am a lukewarm, "meh" guy on Butler. I like him enough, just not in love with him to be taking him in the upper echelon of the first round. He's a day 2 guy to me)

• Like 3