NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Didn't the Cardinals GM basically say a couple days ago that a new franchise QB isn't the direction they'd probably be going? Also, that the organization is behind Rosen? Obviously, he could be lying, but that is a jerk move to make a blanket statement like that. If you were thinking of subterfuge, you'd think a better cover story could be concocted. 

He said something to the effect that Rosen is their quarterback, but then added "right now", which is what a lot of people are harping on. 

I still would be shocked, just because as I have said before, I don't know how many people / teams have the stones to pull something like this off. But there's a lot of smoke about it. If that's all it is, it's kind of weird. Not sure why the cards would do that (if they are the ones doing it). It doesn't drive up value or anything. 

It could also just be a hyped up media creation. 

9 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

There's a huge difference with this predicament and the Murray to Arizona one. When this was made, Cleveland held the #1 overall pick and Scot Mccloughan was on the record as really high on Baker Mayfield and hired as Draft Advisor for the Cleveland Browns. Baker Mayfield #1 overall was always an obstacle for the Jets if they were actually high on him and they were obviously targeting a QB as they went Sam Darnold at #3 overall. With the Murray and Arizona thing? Arizona owns the #1 overall pick. No one can stop them from getting him if they wanted. This isn't like having the #3 pick and a need at a position that the #1 pick also has a need for. Two entirely different situations.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm pretty confident Kyler Murray and Haskins go top 5. I have no earthly idea where or when Daniel Jones and Drew Lock will go.

Jones is my #1 QB. He won’t get drafted like that but I think he ends up being a darn good QB.

26 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm not even a big Rosen fan, but for a 3rd I would definitely be down...

It's going to take more than a 3rd IMO to get Arizona to move Rosen.  Still think it's something like 2nd this year plus another conditional pick next year, or something that I mentioned last night (early 2nd & Rosen for mid 1st and conditional '20 pick).

• Like 2

@JordanRaanan: My understanding after speaking to sources is that Dwayne Haskins impressed the Giants in their meeting Friday. That is a key part of the process, probably more important than what he did on the field Saturday. As we know Dave Gettleman is all about the film on the football part.

However, according to Bleacher Report lead draft analyst Matt Miller, the Giants may have another means for finding a young quarterback to groom behind Manning. Per Miller's anonymous sources, the Giants would have interest in trading for Cardinals second-year quarterback Josh Rosen if he is made available via trade. On the 'Stick to Football' podcast, Miller named the Giants as the team who would have "serious interest" in trading for Rosen.

This is tempting because you get to keep the sixth pick and probably get rid of Eli's cap hit this year. 

27 minutes ago, EL Guapo said:

This is tempting because you get to keep the sixth pick and probably get rid of Eli's cap hit this year. 

No they wouldn't. The Cardinals can get more for Rosen than that. I think they'd end up with a trade that looked something like this:

Giants receive: Josh Rosen, 2019 2nd round pick

Cardinals receive: #6 overall pick

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

No they wouldn't. The Cardinals can get more for Rosen than that. I think they'd end up with a trade that looked something like this:

Giants receive: Josh Rosen, 2019 2nd round pick

Cardinals receive: #6 overall pick

Yeah, no. Nobody is giving up a top 10 pick for Rosen. 

• Like 3