NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I have this weird feeling that the variance on him in NFL front offices are huge. I think there are going to be teams that have him at 1/2 positionally speaking, and other teams that have him at like 5. I personally feel like he's not going to be in the top 3 receivers taken, but it only takes one team to prove me wrong

(disclosure: I am a lukewarm, "meh" guy on Butler. I like him enough, just not in love with him to be taking him in the upper echelon of the first round. He's a day 2 guy to me)

It'd make sense if there was a lot of polarization on Butler.  The variance between his "good tape" and "bad tape" is pretty extreme.  That kind of bipolar play is sure to drive bipolar evaluations.

But like you said...it only takes one.  If some team out there likes the "good" enough, and there's certainly enough good upside there...he could go really high.  The good tape shows the sort of tantalizing upside teams go gaga for.

Did you guys see the tweet from yesterday that the Cardinals posted a video which is linked below. They did a season preview and Josh Rosen is no where to be seen in the video. But other prominent players are from there team and QBs they are going to play. Lol

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Did you guys see the tweet from yesterday that the Cardinals posted a video which is linked below. They did a season preview and Josh Rosen is no where to be seen in the video. But other prominent players are from there team and QBs they are going to play. Lol

Just a smokescreen, they're keeping Rosen.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It'd make sense if there was a lot of polarization on Butler.  The variance between his "good tape" and "bad tape" is pretty extreme.  That kind of bipolar play is sure to drive bipolar evaluations.

But like you said...it only takes one.  If some team out there likes the "good" enough, and there's certainly enough good upside there...he could go really high.  The good tape shows the sort of tantalizing upside teams go gaga for.

Yup. Lead the NCAA in deep yards and deep reception, top ten in yards per snap in the slot, all time best combine wingspan, 9.5+ RAS. His ceiling is truly elite

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:53 PM, Calvert28 said:

Not Earth shattering news but for you Isiah Johnson fans, the CB from Houston for those who don't know. It's just been reported that Richard spent a considerable amount of time with him at his proday.

I would be such a fan of this pick if he does come to Dallas.

love Johnson as a UH fan and from a talent standpoint.  Still has a ways to go however.  Biggest boom or bust CB in the draft.  If a team can develop him he has top 5 CB upside. The tools are there.

• Like 3

Really hope we trade down and grab Darnell Savage. 

Still, we have 4 starting spots up for grabs after FA (ILB, NT, OG, C), so maybe safety isn't our most pressing need. 

I don't like Brian Allen as a starting center. Noteboom ideally stays at tackle.

Want Khalen Saunders in the 3rd.

On 4/17/2019 at 1:18 AM, BoltsFan937 said:

It seems like these late names that pop up are ones that actually end up in the first 

2018 - late buzz on Kolton Miller, Frank Ragnow, Taven Bryan 

2017 - Haason Reddick, Garett Bolles, 

2016 - Karl Joseph, Keanu Neal, Artie Burns

Just seems like every year, about a week out, we start hearing a few names that most thought were day two guys.  Feels like Johnson may be one of those guys this year

Now my post in the hot take thread of there being 4-5 CB's in round 1 doesn't sound as crazy lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

The strangest thing about this video is Haasan Reddick making the final cut.   Photoshopping Suggs in a Cards jersey would’ve been more appropriate.

43 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Yeah, there's always a person projected in the later rounds that goes in Round 1, wonder who that'll be this year. 

Lonnie Johnson and Tytus Howard. They both have a ton of buzz and they both play premium positions. Some team picking late with a loaded roster can potentially see Howard as LT of the future - maybe the Rams. And for Johnson, any team that misses out on the big 3 like perhaps KC could be interested.

Just now, jetjuice said:

Lonnie Johnson and Tytus Howard. They both have a ton of buzz and they both play premium positions. Some team picking late with a loaded roster can potentially see Howard as LT of the future - maybe the Rams. And for Johnson, any team that misses out on the big 3 like perhaps KC could be interested.

Put Johnson in a physically aggressive, heavy bump scheme, and he could be really, really good. 

35 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Rams have their LT of the future in Joe Noteboom and our RT just signed an extension last year. Not saying we won’t take a tackle or a gift if it falls to us but the need isn’t there right now.

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Rams have their LT of the future in Joe Noteboom and our RT just signed an extension last year. Not saying we won’t take a tackle or a gift if it falls to us but the need isn’t there right now.

Right. Guard and center are far more pressing. Noteboom > Brian Allen as a player, we don't even have a void at tackle yet, and center is arguably the most important O-Line position. 

6 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Hehehe, new vid but with Rosen this time lol

Edited by 11sanchez11