NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

9 hours ago, tom cody said:

Yeah, there's always a person projected in the later rounds that goes in Round 1, wonder who that'll be this year. 

Seattle is a team that usually goes against the grain in the first. Not sure how much of a surprise this would be to this forum, but I think they take Nasir Adderely at 21 if they can’t trade down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Vegas has Marquise Brown’s draft slot over/under at 19.5. Does that not seem exceedingly early?

He has had almost everything go against him during the draft process. He didn’t perform at the combine, measured lighter than expected, has lisfranc concerns, and is jostling for position in a crowded receiving class. 

What say you?

It seems high to me... But John Ross

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I mean to be fair. A lot of people actually joked before the draft that the Raiders would do it even though most saw DHB as a late first-early second. But the jokes were right.

I was trying to think of some other ones...Bruce Irvin, Matt Jones WR (2005 Jacksonville), Donte Whitner (Buffalo 2006) come to mind.   And the classic Kyle Brady pick from the Jets

3 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

I was trying to think of some other ones...Bruce Irvin, Matt Jones WR (2005 Jacksonville), Donte Whitner (Buffalo 2006) come to mind.   And the classic Kyle Brady pick from the Jets

A couple recently that stood out to me were the OTs take early 1st last year and Edmunds to Pittsburgh 

• Like 1

Anyone see the guy on reddit claiming to have insight on the Seahawks' draft board? It's since been removed, but the gist was they want to trade down first and foremost, but really like Collier, Campbell, Thornhill, Savage, Sternberger, Anthony Nelson, and Dawson Knox. He listed some other names, but I only wrote down the earlier round guys.

Edit: Found it

LJ Collier (DL / TCU) Parris Campbell (WR / Ohio State) Marquise Bell (DB / Utah) John Ursua (WR/ Hawaii) Juan Thornhill (DB / Virginia) Darwin Thompson (RB /Utah State) Derek Thomas (CB / Baylor) Jace Sternberger (TE / Texas A&M) Darnell Savage (DB / Maryland) Anthony Nelson (DE / Iowa) Scott Miller (WR / Bowling Green) Donnie Lewis (CB / Tulane) Demetrius Knox (OL / Ohio State) Phil Haynes (OL / Wake Forest) Jalen Harvey (DB / Arizona State) Chase Hansen (LB / Utah) Mike Edwards (DB / Kentucky) Chandler Cox (FB / Auburn)

Edited by BowlesDawgDX
Found full post
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Danger said:

The other one that I can recall was Seattle taking Bruce Irvin, think he was generally graded as a 3rd rounder by most?

Heard a rumor that the 9ers were considering him later on in the 1st round...

No, the real WTH moment in the draft for me was when the Vikes got skipped! That was the biggest shocker of any draft for me. 

Some may be too young to remember that one... :$

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

A couple recently that stood out to me were the OTs take early 1st last year and Edmunds to Pittsburgh 

The McGlinchey pick for my 9ers surprised me and I didn't like it initially...but soon saw the light! Nah, he was picked close to when he was projected. Now Miller on the other hand...SMH.

Dan Schneier (@DanSchneierNFL)
4/18/19, 2:21 PM

Offensive Tackle prospect Greg Little. The Giants have met privately with him THREE times. OL coach Hal Hunter put him through specific RT drills at his Pro Day

People talk about him like he's Ereck Flowers, meanwhile, his production checked out via PFF while Flowers' never did

DT/DE

4/18/19, 2:30 PM

In this excellent piece by PFF Mike the questions why DeForest Buckner was a sure top-10 pick but Jerry Tillery is not w/ better production and athletic testing. 

The Giants reportedly tried to get Buckner in OBJ trade talks with SF. 
Tillery perfectly fits Bettchers scheme

4/18/19, 2:33 PM

I want it in writing: The two players I expect to be MUCH higher on the Giants draft board than consensus mocks are Jerry Tillery and Greg Little. If both are on the board at 37, it will be interesting/dependent on picks 6 and 17. Wouldn’t shock me if they went Tillery at 17.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Seattle is a team that usually goes against the grain in the first. Not sure how much of a surprise this would be to this forum, but I think they take Nasir Adderely at 21 if they can’t trade down.

Bruce Irvin was a reach for them if I recall a few yrs. back. It worked out pretty well for them though, reach or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Heard a rumor that the 9ers were considering him later on in the 1st round...

No, the real WTH moment in the draft for me was when the Vikes got skipped! That was the biggest shocker of any draft for me. 

Some may be too young to remember that one... :$

That was crazy and freaking awesome!  Back then there were 15 minutes between picks in the first round, teams were running up to get their picks in.  Definitely one of the best moments in draft history

20 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Rumor from Matt Miller, which I have had a sneaking suspicion about for a while now, is that Haskins is the Giants guy at 6 and that all the rumors have been a successful smokescreen (finally) executed by them.

I mean, this time last year we were reading articles about how the Browns are deciding between Darnold and Allen, so we won't realty know anything for six more days.