NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

8 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

There's a huge difference with this predicament and the Murray to Arizona one. When this was made, Cleveland held the #1 overall pick and Scot Mccloughan was on the record as really high on Baker Mayfield and hired as Draft Advisor for the Cleveland Browns. Baker Mayfield #1 overall was always an obstacle for the Jets if they were actually high on him and they were obviously targeting a QB as they went Sam Darnold at #3 overall. With the Murray and Arizona thing? Arizona owns the #1 overall pick. No one can stop them from getting him if they wanted. This isn't like having the #3 pick and a need at a position that the #1 pick also has a need for. Two entirely different situations.

This guy is reporting that Kingsbury is walking around the combine telling people they’re drafting Murray.  If he is, which I doubt based on everything he’s said, then it’s clearly a smokescreen and this dude is running with it being a “Done deal”.

17 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

This guy is reporting that Kingsbury is walking around the combine telling people they’re drafting Murray.  If he is, which I doubt based on everything he’s said, then it’s clearly a smokescreen and this dude is running with it being a “Done deal”.

It is strange, but Murray is a MUCH better fit for Kingsbury's O. He has no use for statues as QBs. None. Rosen is pretty slow-footed.

I'm reminded of the Belichick quote on Charlie Casserly.

It was something like "Who's been wrong more than Charlie Casserly since leaving [Washington]?  His percentage is like a meteorologist."

It's worth considering that he's employed by NFLN as an analyst, and not a journalist- breaking news is literally not his job.

• Like 4

I honestly wonder if there aren't NFL teams who actively see Casserly as a reliable asset for disinformation campaigns.  Since they know he's going to go on tv and just repeat whatever they tell him, likely uncritically.  It's always been the case that teams lie, they're just better at it than they used to be.  Like instead of the GM standing at the podium and straight up telling lies, they'll just have someone contact a media person to become an "anonymous source" to tell lies, since the expectation is that the anonymity would mean that the person has no reason to lie since telling the truth won't come back to bite them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I honestly wonder if there aren't NFL teams who actively see Casserly as a reliable asset for disinformation campaigns.  Since they know he's going to go on tv and just repeat whatever they tell him, likely uncritically.  It's always been the case that teams lie, they're just better at it than they used to be.  Like instead of the GM standing at the podium and straight up telling lies, they'll just have someone contact a media person to become an "anonymous source" to tell lies, since the expectation is that the anonymity would mean that the person has no reason to lie since telling the truth won't come back to bite them.

Oh definitely. That's how I would do it. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh definitely. That's how I would do it. 

I'd hire Matt Millen as my #2. Then, I'd have Millen leak to the media whatever he wanted to do. Of course, I'd do the opposite of whatever the media reported.