NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

36 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, rather than analyze pictures to figure out someone's height, we could perhaps use some sort of measuring device that is calibrated in inches.  If Murray somehow cheated the person at the combine who was measuring his height, are all the other heights suspect?

Like the whole reason we have the combine is so we can have accurate medical and height/weight/speed numbers.

People's height varies from day to day and by time of day and 1/2 inch is a commonly accepted variation for a 6 ft human.
It also varies by the person operating the measuring device and that varies from year to year at the combine.
How hard does the measurer press the device into the players cranium ? Does he gently rest it there or forcibly push it down ?
Is the player relaxed or is he standing straight and stretching his neck skyward ?
You're asking for absolute certainty where none exists. These heights should be given as +/-  the error of the method used.

5 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Exaggerated or flat out fabricated? 

I have another theory, but it falls outside of site rules... so I'll just let people connect their own dots for themselves.  (And no, this isn't a solicitation to start guessing.)

On 3/3/2019 at 10:19 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

Giving up on Rosen after 1 year is stupid IMO. Wilks did him no favors. 

However Murray is the better fit for Kingsbury so it makes sense. 

I'm curious as to why people say this.  No disputing that Murray is more athletic than Rosen is, but when people say "Murray fits Kingsbury's scheme better than Rosen does," the first thing that pops into my mind is that these people really don't know what Kingsbury's version of the Air Raid Offense actually is.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I'm curious as to why people say this.  No disputing that Murray is more athletic than Rosen is, but when people say "Murray fits Kingsbury's scheme better than Rosen does," the first thing that pops into my mind is that these people really don't know what Kingsbury's version of the Air Raid Offense actually is.

We say it because it’s true. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We say it because it’s true. 

If it is, then you'll have no problem actually explaining how it's so in detail instead of just stating it like it's fact that should just be believed because you say so.

What specific attributes that Murray has make him a better fit for Kingsbury's Air Raid than Rosen?

6 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

You're asking for absolute certainty where none exists. 

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, rather than analyze pictures to figure out someone's height, we could perhaps use some sort of measuring device that is calibrated in inches.  If Murray somehow cheated the person at the combine who was measuring his height, are all the other heights suspect?

Like the whole reason we have the combine is so we can have accurate medical and height/weight/speed numbers.

He didn’t say “absolute certainty”. He said “accurate”. Measuring all the players in a uniform manner with the same tools and largely the same sets of people doing the measuring, is about as close to “accurate” as we’re going to get. Pointing out the time of day or Murray’s posture in terms of how inaccurate his height measurement may be is absolutely reaching. The lengths at which some people are willing to go in order to poke holes in this guy is borderline embarrassing at this point. 

• Like 1