NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

This is basically what I've seen with the Giants

Jordan Raanan
& #8207;Verified account @JordanRaanan
2m2 minutes ago

The primary names to watch at No. 6 depending on how draft plays out ...

Devin White
Josh Allen
Ed Oliver 
Christian Wilkins 

Also to watch throughout entire first round:

Drew Lock
Daniel Jones 

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

While this is a passing league, early Round 1 talents tend to be seen as able to excel in both phases of T play.  Little is outstanding in the pass block game.  Lack of run block power is always a flag that drops a T (well, unless your GM is a tools-first guy).

The thing is, as a team with a mauler-mentality, great tools but raw pass block skills LT Bolles who kills us with penalties/presssures - I'd rather take the guy with the skills, if I'm not in a power scheme.   I don't blame teams for dropping him to the 4th T on the board, but for a team like HOU, he's likely still a huge upgrade on your T situation, and he's going to actually offer Watson a chance to not get murdered and running for his life like he did last year.

He's very gifted, but I didn't like the intangibles. Got a bad feeling from his motor.

Speaking on WEEI, ESPN's Adam Schefter said the Dolphins and Giants are the only teams who have talked to the Cardinals about trading for Josh Rosen in recent weeks.

"Period. End of story," Schefter said. The reporter did add the Chargers inquired about a month ago, but they are no longer interested. Of course, other teams could get back into the mix if Arizona lowers their asking price, which they might be forced to do as Thursday afternoon rolls along. Rosen's already diminished trade value will take a big hit if (when) the Cardinals select Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick.

Pretty much confirmed my notion that once Ben signed his extension the Chargers now have their benchmark to take to the table in extension talks with Rivers.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's very gifted, but I didn't like the intangibles. Got a bad feeling from his motor.

That’s a legit flag if true.  The skill set is there.  In the trenches character and motor mean so much.   Just the hardest intangible to tease out than in chase positions where you see the motor needed.  

As a contrast I have no doubts on Risner’s motor.  Whether he can stay outside not so clear.   You give me Little’s skill set and Risner’s motor that’s the top LT this year.   It would explain some of the run game issues.   Glad I won’t have to worry there.  Little will be long gone before we pick again at 2.11.  Risner is a guy I could us getting since kicking inside isn’t a problem. 

That sound you hear is Redskins fans crying.  But at least Snyder and Allen are the ones said to be big on Haskins and Murray, as opposed to Jay Gruden who, in typical Jay Gruden fashion, wants Daniel Jones.

I'm almost certain 4 QBs go in the first, but I can't figure out who the 4 teams are. 

Washington and New York I'm confident in. Arizona is likely to go Kyler, though I think there is still a chance they go QW or Bosa. Oakland is a darkhorse, especially if Arizona shocks the world and passes on Kyler. Denver and Lock go hand in hand. Miami I can't see investing in QB with how that roster is set up.

I have a head ache.

Just now, The LBC said:

That sound you hear is Redskins fans crying.  But at least Snyder and Allen are the ones said to be big on Haskins and Murray, as opposed to Jay Gruden who, in typical Jay Gruden fashion, wants Daniel Jones.

FWIW Paulson backtracked a lot in subsequent tweets.  Which info is real / smoke is of course key.   

Archived