NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I wonder which poster kept saying that. ;)

I could see Risner or one of the tackles, maybe they'll prefer Noteboom at LG especially if he goes there all year. But even in that consensus draft the vast majority of people picked a center for us. Just don't see it, could be wrong as always though.

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm almost certain 4 QBs go in the first, but I can't figure out who the 4 teams are. 

Washington and New York I'm confident in. Arizona is likely to go Kyler, though I think there is still a chance they go QW or Bosa. Oakland is a darkhorse, especially if Arizona shocks the world and passes on Kyler. Denver and Lock go hand in hand. Miami I can't see investing in QB with how that roster is set up.

I have a head ache.

If Gettleman gonna Gettleman, it sounds like we might be able to write the Giants out of the equation.

Just now, The LBC said:

If Gettleman gonna Gettleman, it sounds like we might be able to write the Giants out of the equation.

Gettleman sucks. I don't why a franchise like NYG hired a guy even Carolina didn't want.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

But you might lose out on both Bosa and QW. Who would the Niners target be at 4? I think Josh Allen is a terrible scheme fit for a 4-3. One of the reasons why the Raiders don't value him highly.

It would be allen. Our 4-3 isn't the same as a traditional 4-3, which is why we weren't afraid of Dee Ford. You're talking about a 4-3 under with wide 9 concept alignments on passing downs. Allen would play the SAM role on base downs, move to a wide 9 edge role on passing downs. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Gettleman sucks. I don't why a franchise like NYG hired a guy even Carolina didn't want.

It shouldn't surprise you then that the name being lobbed around as the likely Giants 2nd round pick is Will "I'm a Jimmy Clausen Clone" Grier.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

To be fair, taking a guy like Oliver or Allen at 6, Risner or BPA at 16, and trading something like a 2019 2nd and a 2020 2nd (or 3rd) for Rosen would be my favorite scenario for the Giants. Any exchange in which you get Rosen for less than a 1st is ideal, in my opinion. The rest is gravy.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

But you might lose out on both Bosa and QW. Who would the Niners target be at 4? I think Josh Allen is a terrible scheme fit for a 4-3. One of the reasons why the Raiders don't value him highly.

OLB in base. DE in subpackages. 49ers are also going to use more wide 9 this year with Kocurek coming in.

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

As a niners fan, the only legitimate trade down I'm interested in provided the Cards take Murray. 

Raiders trading to 1.1 for is the only I think AZ would trade down.  They don’t want him in SF.  

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

To be fair, taking a guy like Oliver or Allen at 6, Risner or BPA at 16, and trading something like a 2019 2nd and a 2020 2nd (or 3rd) for Rosen would be my favorite scenario for the Giants. Any exchange in which you get Rosen for less than a 1st is ideal, in my opinion. The rest is gravy.

That's really the only way that I can forgive Gettleman (Closet Giants fan because of my boy SaQuon, I feel dirty)

Rosen can come in and transistion whenever the time is right if he goes to NYG

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It would be allen. Our 4-3 isn't the same as a traditional 4-3, which is why we weren't afraid of Dee Ford. You're talking about a 4-3 under with wide 9 concept alignments on passing downs. Allen would play the SAM role on base downs, move to a wide 9 edge role on passing downs. 

Exactly. Schematically he may actually be the best fit for us considering we have literally nothing at SAM. 

It's a big reason why I want him 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I like it.... Snyder can push all his chips in, trade with the Raiders to take Haskins. Then he'll fire Gruden when it fails and the Jon can pick up the spare parts on his brothers staff, mainly Callahan and maybe Jay himself.

Callahan comes to work for Taylor and his son with us next off season

Archived