NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

34 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

all of this makes sense except Ferguson in the 1st round. That would be a headscratcher.

Again, it's happened far, far more times than not that when the reigning NCAA season sack leader is available in the draft class, he goes in the 1st round.  There's a lot of historical data backing this up.

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

They did weigh him and measure his height at the Combine, with no cleats on - those are the official numbers until refuted somewhere else that's worthy of note.

You don't magically gain 30 pounds (15% of your bodyweight) between the end of the college football season and combine weigh ins. 

It's bologna. 

33 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I could see the Chargers going QB and selecting Grier. Finley in the 1st would be shocking.

That doesn't fit with Tom Telesco as a drafter in the slightest.  If Telesco were intent on bringing in an early QB, much less committing a 1st round pick to one, they wouldn't have signed Tyrod.  Telesco is a creature of habit and usually extraordinarily predictable as a drafter, especially in the 1st round.  If Haskins or Murray don't fall, there's less than a 1% chance the Chargers take a QB in the 1st.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

You don't magically gain 30 pounds (15% of your bodyweight) between the end of the college football season and combine weigh ins. 

It's bologna. 

More like water for half....and TB12 Guerrero juice for the other.  

Come to think of it, if ever Murray gets dinged for steroids, Brady will probably get 10 games for being generally aware.  

7 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I think trading up for non QBs is always dumb. 

I think it varies from team to team - for example, if Houston only had two Ts listed as "day one starter" material, would they be dumb for moving up to make sure they get that guy? 

It's a glaring need, one that is obvious. Not only does trading up ensure they get their guy, it keeps them from getting jumped by a team that likes a guy - if Cody Ford is there at 22 and Arizona and Houston likes him, it would be prudent for Arizona to move ahead of Houston, right? 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:
11 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I think trading up for non QBs is always dumb. 

I think it varies from team to team - for example, if Houston only had two Ts listed as "day one starter" material, would they be dumb for moving up to make sure they get that guy? 

It's a glaring need, one that is obvious. Not only does trading up ensure they get their guy, it keeps them from getting jumped by a team that likes a guy - if Cody Ford is there at 22 and Arizona and Houston likes him, it would be prudent for Arizona to move ahead of Houston, right?

Certainly worked out for the Falcons with Julio Jones

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's bologna. 

And you were able to confirm his pre combine weight? That number seemed to be in question - anywhere from 180 to 205, depending on who you chose to listen to. 

Going from 180 to 207 is not feasible. Going from 205 to 207? That's more likely.

Just now, ET80 said:

And you were able to confirm his pre combine weight? That number seemed to be in question - anywhere from 180 to 205, depending on who you chose to listen to. 

Going from 180 to 207 is not feasible. Going from 205 to 207? That's more likely.

Dude look at him during the season. He looks as small as DeSean Jackson.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

N’Keal Harry says absolutely not! 

20 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Hearing 32 picks will be made tonight. We shall see...

Well, I think it's a lock to happen now.  This is the next-level thinking the Chiefs engaged in.  They realized that GODdel could nick their 1st round pick from them as punishment for the Tyreke Hill stuff even though Hill wasn't charged... so they traded the pick away before he could get to it.;)

Archived