NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I've seen a lot of Fromm. I've never seen special. Strikes me as more of an Andy Dalton type.

Fromm will not be a premium pick, not unless his hands grow magically in college. They measured 8.75 at that Army All-America game a couple of years ago. That is reject level. The criteria is so well known that coaches are no longer wary of mentioning it. I've heard Sean Payton say several times that 9 is absolute minimum they will consider but really the Saints want it to be considerably above that.

Tua will be the first pick next year. This is not complicated. Mayfield, Murray and Tua have all had seasons of 11.2 yards per attempt or higher during 2017 or 2018. That is freakish level. The NFL won't ignore how silly it is to sustain a number like that over the course of an entire season. I wasn't a big believer in Murray initially but once that YPA number stayed up there I was confident the league couldn't ignore it and he'd be the first pick. Likewise the nitpickings against Tua for a game here and there don't mean anything compared to the awesome big picture numbers.

Daniel Jones is the hilarity. He is pure subjective projection, so no wonder traditional types like Charlie Casserly and Bucky Brooks drool over him while analytics types want no part of him. Jones never averaged above 6.8 YPA for a college season. That is pathetic. Last season 6.8 was 96th in the nation. Jones' junior year was 5.9. That was good for 122nd in the country. I looked it up and I think it was 16 of Jones' 36 games at 6.0 or lower. Late season 2018 Jones put up 3.7 YPA against Miami, 3.7 YPA against Clemson and 4.0 YPA against that great Wake Forest defense. I have no idea how this guy could ever be considered first round worthy. As a Dolphins fan he reminds me of a weaker armed Ryan Tannehill with the same lack of pocket presence but more willingness to run and somewhat more moxie.

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

They’d be foolish if they didnt add it to the contract 

Always thought it was an automatic, given his situation and teams not wanting to risk it, but apparently it's not.... just weird or maybe some giant smoke screen.